OFFICIAL CHEF/COOKS THREAD... VOL I wish these pics were scratch and sniff.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

to the pro chefs:

what are your staples at home? im sure when you get home after grinding in the kitchen, the last thing you wanna do is spend the next hour making your own dinner. easy, quick and simple recipes, prease!

Being Asian, Most of my home cooked stuff will revolve around rice being the starch. I always have eggs, butter, and some form of tube meat, whether it's Chinese sausage, kielbasa, or chorizo. A few other must haves for the house is chicken stock, garlic, shallots, cilantro, scallions.

to the pro chefs:

what are your staples at home? im sure when you get home after grinding in the kitchen, the last thing you wanna do is spend the next hour making your own dinner. easy, quick and simple recipes, prease!

Being Asian, Most of my home cooked stuff will revolve around rice being the starch. I always have eggs, butter, and some form of tube meat, whether it's Chinese sausage, kielbasa, or chorizo. A few other must haves for the house is chicken stock, garlic, shallots, cilantro, scallions.

To all the professional chefs/cooks, what stations do you work ?? And what kind of cuisine do you cook ??

I used to do fish PM and got promoted to chef du partie/tournand cooking new-American/Californian/French cuisine. Since the hours suck, I quit cooking and now I sell wild mushrooms/truffles/vanilla to high end restaurants in the sf bay area.

To all the professional chefs/cooks, what stations do you work ?? And what kind of cuisine do you cook ??

I used to do fish PM and got promoted to chef du partie/tournand cooking new-American/Californian/French cuisine. Since the hours suck, I quit cooking and now I sell wild mushrooms/truffles/vanilla to high end restaurants in the sf bay area.

Tuna Cakes w/ an aioli

417640_10100131267955066_30509590_39128754_1154070638_n.jpg

Good lord my 3gs camera is #@@*$*

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

Tuna Cakes w/ an aioli

yo i made something similar.
canned tuna + breadcrumbs + dollop of mayo + minced onions + cajun seasoning

i hate canned tuna, but usually keep it stocked since it's healthy and easy/quick to fix something up with it.  texture and flavor of this was amazing.  plus i cooked the damb thang in a george foreman
laugh.gif

Tuna Cakes w/ an aioli

i hate canned tuna, but usually keep it stocked since it's healthy and easy/quick to fix something up with it.  texture and flavor of this was amazing.  plus i cooked the damb thang in a george foreman
laugh.gif

Tuna Cakes w/ an aioli

laugh.gif

It was pretty simliar except I used green onions, not really a fan of mayo so I used egg to bind it a few splashes of my favorite hot sauce and some garlic powder. The aioli is what made it though.

Tuna Cakes w/ an aioli

laugh.gif

It was pretty simliar except I used green onions, not really a fan of mayo so I used egg to bind it a few splashes of my favorite hot sauce and some garlic powder. The aioli is what made it though.

Originally Posted by k b0mber

i'm just an intern still. i'm in sf too btw.

my friend has the same idea as you going into specialized ingredients after interning as well due to the same reasons
laugh.gif

my friend has the same idea as you going into specialized ingredients after interning as well due to the same reasons
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

laugh.gif
my dude i used to work with was one of the guys in the kitchen when brickhouse opened.

i work pantry and a little saute and broil.  i work at a steakhouse, kincaids.  i might dip soon though to a better spot that my boy cooks at, bar la grassa.

Back
Top Bottom