Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

December 10

He just set up some speakers in Washington Square park and played some of it too
Were you there also? I came like ~40 mins after the tweet was first sent and there were like 50 people just crowded around a speaker. Couldn't see him and he was just playing beats so I dipped. I heard he freestyled afterwards over people's beats.

Nah not from the area, just saw the tweet and then saw people post they could barely hear what he was playing. Idc though because new Gambino is finished and coming soon

I saw those the other day, and I got a little worried. I hit up his dad to make sure that things are alright. I know it's been a little hard and stressful in the last year.

You know him personally?

You know him personally?

Please respond

Sorry for the late response. We've known each other since elementary school(did sleepovers and all that). Of course it's harder to catch him since things really started jumping off, but we still keep in touch.

Last edited:
I'm just really happy to see him succeed. It's something that we saw way back in elementary school. He'll probably kill me for saying it, but we had a little talent show in class and he came in there with a Lamb Chop puppet and did a ventriloquist act. It was so good, that he ended up going on a "classroom tour" doing the act. The teachers couldn't get enough. I knew right then that he was something special.

It would be cool if you could get him to join NT and talk to us a bit. Sorta how Pres. Obama went on Reddit.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Damn. He floated so casually over that lol. Gambino is really underrated. The kid can flat out rap.

Interview was good. I kind of thought while watching Community a few years back I knew he would be the one who would want to do something different than the show year after year.

3005 :smokin

Royalty still bangs man. Tina Fey is my favorite part though :lol:

The first time I heard Tina Fey on real estate I almost crashed my car on i20 west bound. :smh:

"We ballin' til we ******' up the hard wood"

I lost it. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom