Official Coachella 2014 Thread & FAQs : OUTKAST, Arcade Fire, Muse April 11-13, April 18-20

I heard this as well, anyone know for sure?

yes, the camping pass is linked to the passes it was bought with.

i'll be camping for weekend 1!

I bought my pass from someone who isn't able to go but didnt register the wristband yet, so I could just buy a camping pass that hasn't been registered yet right?

I remember last year me and my buddy got MAD lucky, we had bought the regular parking pass (not the camping one) by accident and just schemed our way into the camping area. That line of cars to get inside the campgrounds was something serious, there were a grip of us who just turned our cars off, put it in neutral (to push it forward as the line moved) and everyone just started partying while waiting in line. Shh was too fun :pimp:

Last edited:
Within the next 2 weeks hotel pool and sponsored house parties should be announced.
What's up with the parties for weekend 1?
Are those invite only?

Look around online you'll start to see them. Complex and a few sites usually make a list of parties going on. But yeah most of them are during coachella. They usually are in Palm Springs or that area which is some distance from the polo grounds. I know people affiliated with a few companies that usually throw parties down there. If they are I can probably get you guys on a list. Once I hear something ill update you guys.

Weekend 2 (maybe Weekend 1 as well) checking in!

I'll be staying at the artist campsite, but I've never been to Coachella, so not sure what to expect. Would be down to meet up with some NTers out there :nthat:

looking for 2 weekend one wristbands.  PM me if you have any information to get tickets for not too much over face.  Thanks! 

looking for 2 weekend one wristbands.  PM me if you have any information to get tickets for not too much over face.  Thanks! 
Check Palm Springs area craigslist. Last year my friend found one from a local who didn't want to go.

Check Palm Springs area craigslist. Last year my friend found one from a local who didn't want to go.
Got s friend who needs 2 for weekend. Told her to do the same. I figured you'd be able to get a ticket for retail/close to retail the week of or beginning that Friday

If anyone is looking to chill during weekend 1. Pm me and ill shoot you my number. My gf and i would be more than happy to kick it

Anyone know if a Go Pro camera on a monopod is allowed in? I didn't see any info on monopods on the faq...

Should be. There are a few Go Pro Coachella vids on youtube

Yea, I just went through their forums, and it seems GoPros are good. Just wondering if I can get a monopod in. No real answer about those. I actually rented a locker for the weekend, so once it's in, I'm gonna keep it in there.

If anyone is looking to chill during weekend 1. Pm me and ill shoot you my number. My gf and i would be more than happy to kick it

This is a trap. Me and my friends hung out with this guy and woke up with all our belongings missing. He runs a scam every year and roofies people with his accomplice girlfriend.

Again, stay away.

Nah jk that's awesome man.

i actually found a go pro last year. i stepped on something and looked down and it was a go pro. you should be good with a monopod if people can bring all sorts of sticks with leds and glo sticks on them.

I think an NTer posted a Go Pro vid using a makeshift monopod. Ive seen other vids using one too so you should be good.

I'm camping with a 30+ deep crew of people. If you're looking to party with us let me know. My friends party pretty hard though just a precaution :lol: We got a beer bongzilla ready to go for the trip :smokin

added more names since last time

Weekend 1
  • donpoppa
  • Nathanaguilar
  • mr jordan04
  • salazaro44
  • NeoSole89
  • prokid404
  • ScottHallWithAPick
  • zube42
  • Drizzyd
  • tpfltxl
  • deedeecee012
  • SoHi 23
  • dEfCoNzErO

Weekend 2
  • llcooljunr
  • denni5themenace
  • Luong1209
  • Reggie Kush

Ok, this is going to sound preposterous, but I really want to take this guy's word. He posted 5 months ago on the Coachella sub-reddit that Outkast would be reuniting at the festival. A couple days ago, he posted that Jay-Z will be making a surprise appearance during Nas' set. My guess would be weekend 2, seeing how its the exact 20th anniversary of Illmatic (and because that's the weekend I'm going :lol:). I'm not getting my hopes up, but how ******* crazy would that be?????!!!

Here's the link to the guy's thread:

Ok, this is going to sound preposterous, but I really want to take this guy's word. He posted 5 months ago on the Coachella sub-reddit that Outkast would be reuniting at the festival. A couple days ago, he posted that Jay-Z will be making a surprise appearance during Nas' set. My guess would be weekend 2, seeing how its the exact 20th anniversary of Illmatic (and because that's the weekend I'm going :lol:). I'm not getting my hopes up, but how ******* crazy would that be?????!!!

Here's the link to the guy's thread:

I saw this and it made me want to check Nas' set now :lol: I've seen Nas like 6 times but never seen Jay so it'd be a big deal for me.

[h2]  [/h2]

Desert Gold – Ace Hotel

desert gold coachella party ace hotel

Who: Pool party events are open to the general public and all ages, but priority is given to guests of the Ace Hotel. If you want to get in, make sure you arrive before noon! RSVP HERE. Events in the Amigo Room are 21+.

What: The Ace Hotel is invited Festival NRMAL to program the Swim Club Pool from 12–6 p.m. and the Amigo Room from 10 p.m.–2 a.m. Check here for the full calendar of events.

When: The entire Coachella week! Thursday April 10th to Monday April 21st.

Where: ACE Hotel, 701 E Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92264 (45 minutes from Coachella)

[h2]Making Shapes[/h2]

Who: You! Get a ticket here. This will sell out.

What: LA’s underground party comes to the desert for an all-night event. If you still have some energy left after Coachella ends around 1:00am, then this is the party you’ll want to visit. DJ Sets by Francois K, Tensnake, Split Secs and Modernluv

When: Saturday April 12th, 10pm – 6am

Where: Warehouse Location 2 miles from Coachella [see map] (5 minutes from Coachella)

[h2]The Doover[/h2]

Who: Open to the public (21+), but you must RSVP here.

What: Returning for it’s 4th year in a row, the Doover is partnering with Adidas Originals to host a classic Coachella pool party.

When: Coachella Sundays, April 13 & 20, noon – 6pm

Where: ACE Hotel, 701 E Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92264 [see map] (45 minutes from Coachella)

[h2]Filter Magazine Yacht Club[/h2]

Who: You can RSVP here, but there’s no promise you’ll be sent an official invite.

What: Filter’s Yacht Club is the biggest and best known Coachella kick-off party. The event features tons of free product giveaways from the sponsors, and live music performances by Mayer Hawthore, Peanut Butter Wolf and more.

When: Thursday April 10 & April 17, 9pm – 1am

Where: The Corona Yacht Club, 46600 Tyler St, Coachella, CA 92236 [see map] (15 minutes from Coachella)

[h2]Desert Lounge by Tilly’s & Dickies[/h2]

Who: Anyone that RSVPs using this link.

What: Dickies Marketing Director Matthew McCartin says they’ll be creating a “fun and relaxed environment” with DJ performances by 100s, Thee Mike B, Jayceeoh, DJ Equal and more.

When: Thursday April 10 5pm – midnight, Friday 11:00am – 5pm

Where: ACE Hotel, 701 E Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92264 [see map] (45 minutes from Coachella)

[h2]The Saguaro Desert Weekender[/h2]

Who: You gotta be on the list, but you can get on the list here!

What: The Saguaro knows how to put on a great pool party, and the Desert Weekender has become a Coachella weekend staple.

When: All weekend, both weekends. More details to follow.

Where: 1800 E Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92264 [see map] (45 minutes from Coachella)

[h2]Harper’s Bazaar[/h2]

Who: This is a private party, but if you book a styling session you can get in: thestyle@harpersbazaar.com

What: DJ Mia Moretti provides the tunes while Harper’s Bazaar editor Julianne Hough hosts.

When: Saturday April 12th and Sunday April 13th, 11:00am – 6:00pm

Where: Gene Autry Pool at the Parker, 4200 E Palm Canyon Dr Palm Springs, CA 92264 [see map] (30 minutes from Coachella)

[h2]Guess Hotel[/h2]

Who: Celebrities and celebrity wannabes.

What: Giveaways by Guess and other sponsors. Follow #GuessHotel on twitter for updates.

When: Saturday April 12th and Sunday April 13th, noon – 5pm

Where: Viceroy Hotel, 415 S Belardo Rd, Palm Springs, CA 92262 [see map] (30 minutes from Coachella)

[h2]Lacoste #LiveBeautifully Pool Party[/h2]

Who: People on the private guest list

What: Alligators, a pond, giveaways, celebrities and pools. More details on thewebsite.

When: April 12th – 13th, 1pm – 6pm

Where: Private Residence

[h2]LED Day Club @ the Hard Rock[/h2]

Who: Anyone with a ticket or private cabana reservation. Get your ticket here. Prices range from $40 to $60

What: Vegas-style parting at the new Hard Rock hotel in Palm Springs. DJ appearances by Dirty South, A-Trak, Disclosure, David Guetta, Skrillex, Martin Garrix, Tiesto and Showtek

When: There’s a en event each day of the Coachella week.

Where: Palm Springs Hard Rock. 150 S Indian Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92262. [see map] (45 minutes from Coachella)

Back
Top Bottom