OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Finished Lemire's Robin and Batman. I thought it was pretty good seeing ****'s perspective becoming Robin.
Also read Silver Surfer Rebirth and that was interesting. With Lim back on the title, interested in seeing where it goes.
Zdarsky also started The Batman:Knight. Curious where he'll take that series.

Finished Lemire's Robin and Batman. I thought it was pretty good seeing ****'s perspective becoming Robin.
Also read Silver Surfer Rebirth and that was interesting. With Lim back on the title, interested in seeing where it goes.
Zdarsky also started The Batman:Knight. Curious where he'll take that series.

I always thought the concept of The Batman:Knight series would make a good TV show. Seeing the training process from when he leaves Gotham travels the world, establishing various rivalries with characters like Ghostmaker, Nobody and Kyodai Ken and some new allies would be a lot more interesting than most of the DC TV stuff we've had before.

For those that buy/collect graded comics, what is your approach on buying them? Key issues? Artwork? Sentimental value? Debating in slowly buying some graded issues, but want to be smart about it.

Also is it basically getting a 9.8 grade or bust?

Just found out Chip Zdarsky is going to be the next writer for Batman. I'm in. His work on Daredevil was really good.

I recently discovered the site Whatnot and have been participating in some comic book auctions lol. I'll post when my first 'haul' comes in.

He might not want to sign an exclusive with either.

Right now both publishers cool with him writing for both which isn't uncommon.
Ahhh, I didn't know that. I assumed that if you're writing for the main title for a comic company you'd be just writing for them.

Ahhh, I didn't know that. I assumed that if you're writing for the main title for a comic company you'd be just writing for them.
Its usually like that but its changing with the more talented writers not doing multi year exclusive deals and veterans who prefer the freedom.

Its also possible it may just be a short stint.

what's the best forum/info location to find out when first appearance's and #1 issue's are coming out?

whenever I show up to the comic shop it seems like I just missed rare releases of stuff :frown:

what's the best forum/info location to find out when first appearance's and #1 issue's are coming out?

whenever I show up to the comic shop it seems like I just missed rare releases of stuff :frown:
Just keep in mind you have to do your die diligence to look ahead on their calendars.
Also cover art and cover artists sometimes changes at the last minute. Also some cover art isn’t revealed before you order it. So if you have a favorite artist you sometimes blindly order their cover.

Finished the Devil's Reign event and I thought it was a really good way to end Zdarsky's run on Daredevil. (Not sure if that was the last of his current run with Marvel before he begins Batman) Also finished ASM's Beyond Arc and man, not sure how I feel about Ben Reilly's character change. If the editor's really 'didn't know what to do with Ben because Miles Morales is sticking around as Spider-Man', then I feel like Marvel didn't really have any true investment with the character. The ending was meh, too.

chasm.jpg
Started Lemire and Nguyen's Little Monsters and I'm enjoying it so far. Refreshing to see Nguyen draw digitally, because I didn't expect that.

Also started a PC of Spider-Man. Working on building an ASM set and then Web of Spider-Man. I already know ASM 300 is out of my price range already lol.

What they did to Ben was bull ****. It was clear they didn't know where to take him after this and nobody had a good pitch for a solo book apparently.

This too shall pass.

What they did to Ben was bull ****. It was clear they didn't know where to take him after this and nobody had a good pitch for a solo book apparently.

This too shall pass.
They should've just made him Scarlett Spider again. Kaine hasn't been seen since Spider-Geddon. Have Ben come Scarlett then Kaine returns lol

They should've just made him Scarlett Spider again. Kaine hasn't been seen since Spider-Geddon. Have Ben come Scarlett then Kaine returns lol
I figured with the storyline by the end Ben would get a grasp of who he is even without Peter's memories, come in to his own and breakout as an even more independent character.

Now they prolonging it with this Chasm stuff. Weird to me they bring back Janine just for this.

Kaine should've been showed up in this run to make Ben aware how ****ed up Beyond is. Plus he should be hunting Ben now.

Looks like Zdarsky will be writing both Batman and Daredevil.

Re-numbered Daredevil #1 is scheduled to release this summer.

So I caught up with the Batman "Shadow War" crossover event and two things:

- Talia killed Slade Wilson.
- Imposter Deathstroke was revealed to be Geo-Force. Man, what.

ASM is a slow start. Romita's artwork is throwing me off.
Banner War between Hulk and Thor is pretty good. The story picked up in the last two issues.

Romita's art has been questionable since his first spiderman run.for It is better than his DC stuff was.

As for Shadow War to have Geoforce be the villain is probably the most interesting thing that has ever happened to the character.

Back
Top Bottom