OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

i didn't even know they were doing a Django comic, thanks for bringing it to my attention..

right now i'm in the middle of Preacher, you should check it out if you haven't already.

Thank you Trill, what is Preacher about?

On one of the earlier pages in this thread, i saw a one called thief of thieves or something along those lines and there was a cat stealing a painting, looked cool.

is there a website that talks about comics and makes recommendations?

thanks and happy holidays.

ps Trill...

if you want to read Django 1 on your iPad (if you have one) message me.

i didn't even know they were doing a Django comic, thanks for bringing it to my attention..

right now i'm in the middle of Preacher, you should check it out if you haven't already.

Thank you Trill, what is Preacher about?

On one of the earlier pages in this thread, i saw a one called thief of thieves or something along those lines and there was a cat stealing a painting, looked cool.

is there a website that talks about comics and makes recommendations?

thanks and happy holidays.

ps Trill...

if you want to read Django 1 on your iPad (if you have one) message me.

I recommend Thief of Thieves :pimp:

I'm caught up and it's ongoing, not sure how long though :nerd:

I recommend Thief of Thieves :pimp:
I'm caught up and it's ongoing, not sure how long though :nerd:

just adding issue one of thief of thieves to my ipad now, got the first 7, i think its up to 11. not 100% on that though.

preacher sounds idk.... different. what do you like about it trill?

Last edited:
Preacher synopsis:

"Preacher tells the story of Jesse Custer, a preacher in the small Texas town of Annville. Custer was accidentally possessed by the supernatural creature named Genesis in an incident which killed his entire congregation and flattened his church.

Genesis, the product of the unauthorized, unnatural coupling of an angel and a demon, is an infant with no sense of individual will. However, as it is composed of both pure goodness and pure evil, it might have enough power to rival that of God Himself. In other words, Jesse Custer, bonded to Genesis, may have become the most powerful being in the whole of living existence."

The villian is one of the best written characters ever

comic-related, so I gotta state it:

the new Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon on Disney XD is CRACK!!

Brian Michael Bendis writes/produces it so you already know it's gonna be legit.

watched 5 episodes OnDemand; already saw Spidey team up with White Tiger, Nova, Iron Fist, & Power Man. also saw appearances from Nick Fury (voiced by Chi McBride, played the principal on 'Boston Public'), Venom, Hulk, Iron Man, Galactus, Thor, & my favorite: Deadpool (it was on a magazine cover in a background scene, but I'm VERY confident that he will be in season 2 that starts Jan. 2013)

nope. it just had 1 season, total of 26 episodes. also a good show, but it's flaw was being on Nicktoons. if it ran before/after Ultimate Spider-Man on Disney XD, it would DEF be getting new episodes

Last edited:
seen ultimate spider-man on netflix, i got it saved to watch. i heard that and the avengers were both really good.

The few episodes of ultimate Ive seen couldn't compare to spectacular. Was so disappointed, I stopped watching.

Well I'm not sure if there's a new season or something cuz the last one I checked out was horrible. I couldn't stand it. That character wasn't Spider-Man and I found it weird that a cartoon that annoying could be liked by kids. It was like a mix of Deadpool's crazy zanyness and Spidey jokes and sarcasm turned up to the max with a whole lot of 4th wall breaking in a slapstick campy setting. It all took away from telling the story or being even partially coherent.

Last edited:
anyone's shop got any info on that TMNT foot soldiers mini series? my shop didnt know anything bout it.

Last edited:
speaking of ultimate spiderman did anyone see when Spectacular Spiderman had the show. that was great to

so far i read the #1s for The New 52 Batman, Thief of Thieves, Hit Girl, and Fatale

Only one I could not get into was Fatale

How can I find out:

How many of a particular comic are out, and when they release?

Out of the first 4 books I read I really liked Hit Girl (not sure if me being female has anything to do with that though :tongue:)

Other #1s I put on my iPad based on what you guys are saying: Morning Glories, Nowhere Men, Witch Doctor, Batman lil Gotham (which I saw comes out only on holidays, i got the halloween one) and The lil depressed boy (i plan to read these tonight or tomorrow)

I love the avengers, i read that babies issue, all that over a teddy bear huh? :smile:

And I got the uncanny avengers. Like I said I am just about done with AvX, what is the difference in all the Avengers comics? I mean you got uncanny, academy, and sooo many more. Thanks.

I really liked that new 52 Batman... was that Nas playing when they went into Arkham? What is the back story on those new 52 books?

i really appreciate this thread. You all have been very kind and helpful. Happy New Years to you all also.

^ I'll try to answer your questions in order that I saw in your post

First, most comics are ongoing unless it's been [previously] announced to be a miniseries (usually 4, 6, or 12 issues) or a one-shot (1 issue). If you like some of those series & wanna see how many issues are out, def bookmark THIS SITE HERE. you can just type whatever title you got in the search bar, click the link, & it'll show you all the issues available: regular/2nd printing/variant/etc

Sidenote: Nice pickups on Thief of Thieves, great new series from Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead) & Hit-Girl (That's done by Mark Millar. If you dig that, hunt down his other works: Kick-***, Secret Service, & Super Crooks. All are just as good. Mark's writing is very dark/mature. It's almost like you're reading a movie script with pics attached).

Second, New 52 is basically a reboot of all the DC Universe characters' comic series (ongoing, new issues monthy. some bi-monthly), same way Marvel NOW (reboot of Marvel Universe) started @ the end of 2012.

Third, for the Nas question: were you reading regular Batman or Batman Detective Comics? I can go thru my past issues and get back to you on that.

Glad you dig the thread tho, some real cool fellow nerds in here.

**If you need help locating some comics/paperbacks, don't be afraid to ask. We all try to look out for each other in here

Last edited:
^Hey P thanks

so all comics are printed with a first run (regular), 2nd printing (they decide to print some more), variant (special covers?)

The book i read was The Dark Knight Batman New 52 #1 (when they went in the asylum there was a song on the radio playing, i thought it was Nas Lifes a *)

I looked at that site, for the Dark Knight N52, they only had one issue listed? Am I reading it wrong? I want to read more of those ASAP

Not sure what the difference is really, I mean there is a Batman 52 and a Dark Knight 52? I really liked the DK that is all I know and need to read more of those.

I enjoy TWD and I have read some of TWD comics, so anything he has his hand in, I would be willing to check out.

Hit-Girl, I understand she comes from Kick-*, what is the difference between Kick A 1 and Kick a 2? Basically its the same stuff ifs just about the young boy that rolls with Hit Girl right, he came first from what I can tell.

What is Secret Service and Super Crooks about? Thank you.

Just getting into comics more, i have read some Mangas, Death Note, Deadman Wonderland, Bleach...

Can anyone recommend me some good Thor storylines to check out?

are there any??? :rofl:
I've been reading comics since 1992 and thor personally has just always been boring to me.
He's one of those characters I've felt like they played with his power levels way too much.

There's a collection of Thor books I've got in an omnibus called Visionaries. The art is nice, but some of the stories are hit and miss

so far i read the #1s for The New 52 Batman, Thief of Thieves, Hit Girl, and Fatale

Only one I could not get into was Fatale

How can I find out:

How many of a particular comic are out, and when they release?

Out of the first 4 books I read I really liked Hit Girl (not sure if me being female has anything to do with that though :tongue:)

Other #1s I put on my iPad based on what you guys are saying: Morning Glories, Nowhere Men, Witch Doctor, Batman lil Gotham (which I saw comes out only on holidays, i got the halloween one) and The lil depressed boy (i plan to read these tonight or tomorrow)

I love the avengers, i read that babies issue, all that over a teddy bear huh? :smile:

And I got the uncanny avengers. Like I said I am just about done with AvX, what is the difference in all the Avengers comics? I mean you got uncanny, academy, and sooo many more. Thanks.

I really liked that new 52 Batman... was that Nas playing when they went into Arkham? What is the back story on those new 52 books?

i really appreciate this thread. You all have been very kind and helpful. Happy New Years to you all also.
You're a female? Hmmm I would ask for pics but I like this thread too much to go beast mode.

infamousP set you up nice but I'd also add simply checking on wikipedia for a comic will also give you similar information about when a comic releases and how many issues are already out. All the ones you mentioned are monthly except Hit-Girl. Once you look it up you'll see it's being released by Marvel under it's Icon imprint and I don't know what's the hold up. It's a limited edition and last I checked is at issue 4. Great stuff by Millar and JRJR. I think it's bi-monthly cuz both are already working on other comics at Marvel and Millar just got a job to overlook all comic based movies by FOX films. Anyway I'd say check marvel.com comic section's calendar to see when the next Hit-Girl issue is coming out.

As far as Avengers and AvX. AvX was just Marvel's big event for the summer, they have one every year. The Avengers line consists of several books and with Marvel NOW! they're in the middle of relaunching them. Uncanny Avengers directly spins out of the AvX event and issue 2 for it is already out. but it's seen delays cuz the artist is slow and after issue 6 Cassaday won't be returning. There's like 7 or 8 different Avenger comics under different names by different creators; Avengers and New Avengers by Hickman, Young Avengers by Gillen, Secret Avengers by Spencer (same guy who writes Morning Glories), Avengers Assemble by DeConnick, and Dark Avengers by Parker

are there any??? :rofl:
I've been reading comics since 1992 and thor personally has just always been boring to me.
He's one of those characters I've felt like they played with his power levels way too much.
I don't like Thor at all, doesn't interest me in the slightest and I've only read Thor comics when they were tying in to an event like Siege or Fear Itself. I will say the Thor book written by JMS (J. Michael Swyercinzski(sp?)) that I read due to the Siege tie-ins when he was brought back to life seemed to be really good.

Right now with Marvel NOW! I'm hearing a lot of good things about Thor: GOD of Thunder by Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic. It has a really cool/good/interesting concept (follows Thor at 3 different points in his life; past, present, and future as he hunts down the GOD Butcher) and the art is is good. I think only 3 issues are out for that so you can start there.

As far as past Thor comics, I wouldn't know an good runs other than suggesting the early stuff by Jack Kirby which are renowned as classic.

thank you Zik :smile:

I appreciate the information

i checked out lil depressed boy and kick-*** 1, really enjoyed those

checked out super crooks, could not get into that one for some reason...

checking out secret service now

thank you.

Back
Top Bottom