OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

^We can just agree to disagree. But yes the first couple of issues of Uncanny Avengers sucks. Looks like it was important since they are still talking about Red's agenda in issues 8 and 8AU
I was talking about current works but if we include even non current works he is still the weakest. Just by a smaller margin.

Last edited:
If we're talking non current works, we're talking dozens and dozens of X-writers over a 50 year span. I kinda can'ttake your opinion seriously if Wood is still the weakest amongst that crop given the amount of work he's done thus far only "by a smaller margin". That just seems to be bias but yeah agree to disagree.

Anyway,

More X-Men #1 variant covers:

By Humberto Ramos

By Kevin Wada

By J. Scott Campbell

By Mark Brooks

Last edited:
The first one and the J Scott Campbell variants are also sick.

Also I almost one a full first printing of the Age of Apocalypse comics from '95 on ebay but got outbid at the last second. The winning price was $60 shipped.

Has anyone figured out where we can order these variants. The comic book store I go to is too small to get most variants

I especially want the AoA or Skottie Young

I dream of finding an Action Comics 1 in 9.4 condition. Or a detective comics 27.
Weird that a 9.0 for either comic is worth 2 mill but a 9.4 is worth 4.3 mill

Has anyone figured out where we can order these variants. The comic book store I go to is too small to get most variants

I especially want the AoA or Skottie Young

Midtown is usually my go-to, that's how I got the O'Malley Young Avengers variant after both shops I frequent couldn't meet the standard to get it

Also how is Cable and the X-Force? Been trade waiting and since Vol 1 is out I think I should pick it up

Also looks like Beast is getting all up in them guts in all new 15

Last edited:
How is the new galaxy of the guardians comic?
I never read it and know nothing. I want to get ready for the movie.

Birthday landed on a Wednesday, still can't afford to empty out my box but I set aside some money for this, so my gift to myself :pimp:

Ordering the Hastings one too

The Hastings one is Manhattan in-store exclusive only :frown:

Last edited:
I'm pissed he had two variants of this. the one with only Storm and the other group pic of all girls one. 18 $ each.. I took general edition and left. I need this scottie young version

X-Men 1 (just had to get it, probably will still trade wait)
Avenging Spidey 21
Indestructible Hulk 8
Earth 2 Annual
Dark Avengers 190 (final issue)
Venom 35
Morbius-The Living Vampire 5
New Avengers 6

X-Men 1
Superior Spider Man 10
Batman 20
Indestructible Hulk 8
Wolverine 3
The Massive 1

Last edited:
Can someone point me in the direction of a good DC title
I've tired a few and I can't seem to find anything out side of wonder woman

My new comic book guy knows I am the biggest X-Men fan. Secret Avengers is the only book I read with no ties to the X-Men. Gave me the Deadpool variant at retail. Anyway decided to keep trade waiting on JL and stop trade waiting on X-Men Legacy. I gave DC universe a chance. Supergirl and Bat Comics are the only things they have written well since the New 52 stuff. I'll be trade grabbing those for sure.

Uncanny X-Force 5
X-Men 1
Wolverine and the X-Men 29

Also I have been ordering the AoA stuff. The OG stuff and the add ons. All I am missing is.

Add Ons:
Blink 1-4
Exiles 60 – 61
Annual ‘96
Tales from AoA 1-2

Legion Quest prologue:
Uncanny X-Men 319
X-Factor 108
X-Men 39

I am getting them for pennies on the dollar so I will wait to find em at a decent price.

Back
Top Bottom