OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Nah, no one is asking. =P I was considering buying Marvel Trading Cards again, but the value of them are long gone. I loved collecting those.
1992 marvel masterpiece
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

1000 Grim????  I do declare!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
tongue.gif
 .....probably more than me though.
^no, didn't know there was one.   
It's going to come after The Walking Dead tomorrow.

Anyone going to Image Comic Expo in Oakland? Probably won't be able to go till Sunday =\ When all the cool stuff are gone. Haha.

Ok, I have officially come to the conclusion that Kirkman's Invincible is one of my favorite comic books right now. What do you guys enjoy reading?

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Ok, I have officially come to the conclusion that Kirkman's Invincible is one of my favorite comic books right now. What do you guys enjoy reading?

Invincable is one of my favorite series right now. If your not reading Irredeemable or Incorruptable then your really missing out best comics out IMO hands down.

Anyone in the Bay Area going to hit up Image Expo this weekend? I really wish I didn't have to work on weekends, because I really wanted to see the Walking Dead Panel and just experience a comic expo.

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

So, any recommendations for some "must read" trade paperbacks?

Id recommend the American Vampire trades, Batman Black Mirror trade. Both written by Scott Snyder.

Nice stuff!

I have been keeping up with the new 52 of Batman and Dark Knight. I read 2 issues of Superman and am not too sure about it as of yet.

Anyhow, I stumbled upon an old 4 issue Gambit series in my collection last night and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for more Gambit
material.

I was just looking up old Marvel Masterpiece cards. We can all agree that the 94 edition was the best in the series, right?

2127644-1994_marvel_masterpieces_a.jpg

Marvel%20Masterpieces%201994%20Silver%20Foil%20Set.jpg

260b607f-aac1-4fa4-986c-aef10369381b.jpg

1d0d20ad-c8e3-4f3e-8e9c-825bf4faa28e.jpg

Dope cards. Only ones I have left are Marvel Universe (Full collection only one holo though. Thing.) and the series 1 x-men cards (with complete holo set.)

I have the entire series of those in my card binder in a box somewhere. Not my favorite marvel masterpiece set. They had some cool limited edition holofoil cards in that series though.

so i got the free preview comic for AvX and apparently it's over the Phoenix. X-men (cyclops side) are gonna try to protect it while the avengers are gonna try to destroy it
but when cap asked wolverine what side would he be on he didn't answer...
will be keeping a close eye on this development.

Originally Posted by gunnascott

What are the must read comic books right now in you guys opinion?

Batman's New 52 'nuff said. I don't think any book has ever sucked me in as much as this one or has ever messed Batman up this bad mentally and physically.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by gunnascott

What are the must read comic books right now in you guys opinion?

Batman's New 52 'nuff said. I don't think any book has ever sucked me in as much as this one or has ever messed Batman up this bad mentally and physically.
Snyder's run of Batman is amazing. I loved the Owl storyline.

Back
Top Bottom