OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Any of you guys reading The Avengers or New Avengers? It's going to be bittersweet when Bendis departs from writing the book.

Also, I wish Invincible released a lot sooner than once-a-month. =(

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Any of you guys reading The Avengers or New Avengers? It's going to be bittersweet when Bendis departs from writing the book.

i read them
eek.gif
he's leaving?!
hope he stays with Ultimates universe forever!
laugh.gif

I got a box of comics my old boss gave me but I haven't went through them, I know nothing about comics

Sadly anything from Marvel except the new Daredevil & the Wolverine and the X Men is buns to me.
DC got da upperhand currently. So many good titles out of the new 52.
Batman, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Frankenstein agent of S.h.a.d.e., I Vampire, Flash, Batwing, Demon Knights, Resurrection Man all great books.
pimp.gif

Also dont nobody sleep on the comics from Image. A lot of good new titles. Thief of thieves, Fatale, Morning Glories, Chew............
thief_of_thieves_issue_1_a_p.jpg

FataleCover.jpg

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

i read them
eek.gif
he's leaving?!
hope he stays with Ultimates universe forever!
laugh.gif
Yeah, I think he announced his departure from The Avengers title a couple months ago. But I believe he still be doing his other titles such as the Ultimate Universe. 
Brondiesel, there are so many new titles from DC that I need to read. Just don't have enough time. I do like Brubaker's Fatale. After the first issue, I was hooked.

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

Sadly anything from Marvel except the new Daredevil & the Wolverine and the X Men is buns to me.
Batman, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Frankenstein agent of S.h.a.d.e., I Vampire, Flash, Batwing, Demon Knights, Resurrection Man all great books.
pimp.gif

Also dont nobody sleep on the comics from Image. A lot of good new titles. Thief of thieves, Fatale, Morning Glories, Chew............

FataleCover.jpg

I wanna get into Image. Any good ones besides the new ones you just named? I like ongoing series.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

pimp.gif

FataleCover.jpg

I wanna get into Image. Any good ones besides the new ones you just named? I like ongoing series.
Invincible. Not new, but one of the best Image titles.

I remember despite him being great it was a bit overkill the amount of titles Bendis is working on but now I'm loathing him leaving the Avengers titles. I'm up on those two right now, Osborn
pimp.gif

I'm enjoying Slott's run on Spider-Man.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I remember despite him being great it was a bit overkill the amount of titles Bendis is working on but now I'm loathing him leaving the Avengers titles. I'm up on those two right now, Osborn
pimp.gif

I'm enjoying Slott's run on Spider-Man.
Yes, I am loving Dan Slott's run on Amazing Spider-Man. I can't wait when the Sinister Six storyline begins.

Anyone going to Image Comic Expo in Oakland? Probably won't be able to go till Sunday =\ When all the cool stuff are gone. Haha.

Did you ever end up going??? If you got the black and white version of walking dead 94 ( the issue came in the bag when you got there) they are going for like 300 on ebay. Just a heads up because mine was sitting on the bottom of my clothes hamper when i found out

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Anyone going to Image Comic Expo in Oakland? Probably won't be able to go till Sunday =\ When all the cool stuff are gone. Haha.

Did you ever end up going??? If you got the black and white version of walking dead 94 ( the issue came in the bag when you got there) they are going for like 300 on ebay. Just a heads up because mine was sitting on the bottom of my clothes hamper when i found out
Unfortunately, not. I really wanted that variant cover too. I just didn't have the time to drive out there, get tickets, and wait in line to get the comic. 

Just a a few pics, going through that stack brought back many memories

Don't front...

I dropped by a local comic shop that had a mini-sale going on. Finally was able to get the three variant covers of McFarlane's run on Spider-Man along with the pull out cover of Jim Lee's X-Men. These were the two comics that got me hooked to comic books. Both were in really good condition.
6943148049_bf49f96a1d_z.jpg

6943148705_196524d64d_z.jpg

6943149343_75ff502ee9_z.jpg

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

pimp.gif

FataleCover.jpg

Besides these from Image Im reading Xenoholics, Whispers, Haunt, Blue Estate, Severed (its finished, written by Scott Snyder).
Out of all image titles I can recommend to anyone Fatale, Thief of thieves, Severed, Morning Glories, Chew.
Also Walking Dead, and from Top Cow (which is part of image) Witchblade, Artifacts.
Those books are really good.

Can someone school me on what's happening in the Marvel Universe that is building up to this monumental image?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

tumblr_m01ojxsuWa1qzw29i.jpg

That image is part of the Fear Itself storyline...Nothing too much to read into the image, honestly. If anything, the outcome of that storyline is that Wolverine and Cyclops have split. Wolverine, Iceman, Beast, Cannonball, Kitty Pryde and others are now running the new School of Mutants. So think of Cyclops taking the stance of Magneto and Wolverine with the stance of Xavier.

Originally Posted by HyEtoTheSky

did u guys read them? or just collect? i was too afraid of creasing any pages
Oh yeah, I read every comic I buy. I'm not into grading each issue and seeing the value of it. I enjoy the writing and the artwork. 

That image is part of the Fear Itself storyline...Nothing too much to read into the image, honestly. If anything, the outcome of that storyline is that Wolverine and Cyclops have split. Wolverine, Iceman, Beast, Cannonball, Kitty Pryde and others are now running the new School of Mutants. So think of Cyclops taking the stance of Magneto and Wolverine with the stance of Xavier.
exactly.

And I read all my comic books.  I have like 1000 marvel comics i've collected since '91 and I have enjoyed reading every one of them.

I really like that wolverine collection posted above...makes me want to start collecting the oldies again.

prices for comics are so high right now...it doesn't make it worth it in my eyes.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

exactly.

And I read all my comic books.  I have like 1000 marvel comics i've collected since '91 and I have enjoyed reading every one of them.

I really like that wolverine collection posted above...makes me want to start collecting the oldies again.

prices for comics are so high right now...it doesn't make it worth it in my eyes.
True...$3.99 an issue is starting to get out of hand. Especially with the amount of titles I pull. 
tired.gif

indifferent.gif
so now Magneto's back in the Ultimate U?
just finished reading Ultimate Comics Xmen 07
eyes.gif

also started reading Cobra Civil-War... the way they said that Cobra Commander died!
eek.gif

they nuked his mass!!

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

indifferent.gif
so now Magneto's back in the Ultimate U?
just finished reading Ultimate Comics Xmen 07
eyes.gif

also started reading Cobra Civil-War... the way they said that Cobra Commander died!
eek.gif

they nuked his mass!!
How is the Ultimate universe? I only followed when they killed of Peter Parker.

Back
Top Bottom