OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

^Oh I feel you. I got pissed off with the New 52 and flashpoint and basically dropped DC. I'll wait years from now when something is regarded as a classic to check it if it's coming from DC. I never understood their obsession with these terrible multiverse events that constantly change or reboot the entire universe. 1st time around is cool but so many times and now this? I get they're trying to find a way to become #1 and sell more than Marvel but it's obvious that way aint working. I will say the vertigo and wildstorm comics should've been merged with the main DCnU a while ago so they at least got that right.

Before I forget what I came in here to mention is since Peter Parker's dad and what he use to do is getting so much subplot and a mystery in the movie I wonder if Marvel will finally try to focus on his father (and mother) in the main universe and do it right (even though the plot from the movie has more to do with the ult uni) since dude was a secret agent instead of a scientist. Always felt his parents being spies had potential. None of that your parents are alive nope they're robots trying to learn your secret identity which was a plan concocted by the Green Goblin.

I think there's only been like one issue dealing with Peter's dad and I think that was just cuz it was releasing around father's day.

Anybody use any online subscription services? So many to choose from, can't decide.

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Anybody use any online subscription services? So many to choose from, can't decide.
I had subscriptions with marvel and dc once. The customer service was horrible and comics came a week late it was solid. 

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

well at least we don't have multiple spiderman's fighting multiple venoms
grin.gif

the day when someone from another dimension shows up as a doppelganger i'm done with marvel
SpiderMen_2_Preview1.jpg

We have mutliple spidemen and venoms
1389600-541678_525958_venom_vs_anti_venom_by_alecyl_super.jpg

roll.gif

multiple son!

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

I do like the New 52... just for the batman stuff. Gotham is great in the new 52.
The new 52 is great for Red Hood and the Outlaws. I love that book.

I do like the New 52... just for the batman stuff. Gotham is great in the new 52.
Love Batman and some of the other related titles and the reason it's still great is because they changed NOTHING in the New 52. All they did was give Bruce a son and some other new developments. You can read the Batman titles and still assume continuity is intact and only wonder if he is aware of Flashpoint.

With the rest of the titles, that's not the case at all. I think there's only one other title that wasn't changed a whole lot. Think it's GL but other than that they're starting new not recognizing the past 30 years of DC history.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

2445764-marvel_comic_con_2012_1000_super.jpg

i'm not liking some of these costume changes....

and for frack sake... i thought jean would be the one person that stayed dead...
tired.gif

for a second there i thought that was daredevil
Why is ult Nick fury in the pic?
Isnt this a comic for the 616 of marvel? Not the ultimate universe
It is. Supposedly, that version of Nick Fury somehow ended up in "616." 
I haven't bought comics in a month. Holy crap there is a lot I need to catch up on...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Love Batman and some of the other related titles and the reason it's still great is because they changed NOTHING in the New 52. All they did was give Bruce a son and some other new developments. You can read the Batman titles and still assume continuity is intact and only wonder if he is aware of Flashpoint.

With the rest of the titles, that's not the case at all. I think there's only one other title that wasn't changed a whole lot. Think it's GL but other than that they're starting new not recognizing the past 30 years of DC history.
Damien was in Batman before the new 52 tho. 

Picked up the Ozymandias issue of BW and it's 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I need a new series tho, Hit-Girl #2 doesn't come out till the 25th.

Any recommendations for series that I can jump into?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

WHAT
**** Grayson is no longer batman
Babes is Batgirl again

Tim is again in the teen titans with a stupid custom

The relationship Damin had with **** is gone

Jasons origin story is redone

No TimTam

Could you guys help me out with a question? What order should I be reading Dark Reign in? I've been meaning to pick it up from Amazon but I'm not sure if they have em all/which to start with.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Could you guys help me out with a question? What order should I be reading Dark Reign in? I've been meaning to pick it up from Amazon but I'm not sure if they have em all/which to start with.

Just read the dark avengers and its side stories 

Most recent Marvel I've read was Civil War. I'm lost when it comes to anything after that.

Just got done with the Batwing TBP:smokin It's pretty good.

Will start copping monthly in hopes of keeping it going.

Back
Top Bottom