OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Where i'm at right now doesn't allow me the time to go to a comic book shop to stay current but there is a library near me with a sizable collection of older graphic novels.

Just sunk me teeth into "the books of magic" which was a dc comics/vertigo crossover. Very nice read and was written by neil gaiman. If you like the magic aspect of the dc universe it's a good read. it draws out some notable magicians in the dc universe like dr.fate zatarra and zatanna, xanadu. And it makes references galore.

A nice backbone to the magic of the dc universe.

Where i'm at right now doesn't allow me the time to go to a comic book shop to stay current but there is a library near me with a sizable collection of older graphic novels.
Just sunk me teeth into "the books of magic" which was a dc comics/vertigo crossover. Very nice read and was written by neil gaiman. If you like the magic aspect of the dc universe it's a good read. it draws out some notable magicians in the dc universe like dr.fate zatarra and zatanna, xanadu. And it makes references galore.
A nice backbone to the magic of the dc universe.

DC's Magic world is nice. Sadly Marvel can't get their heads out of their ***** to fix theirs smh

I've been a supporter of my comic shop since I moved back from Seattle in 07 but not having a job since graduating has caused me to cancel my box. Crushes me to do so, but luckily the library is a major asset in keeping up with my regular titles (for the most part). I'm pretty much six months behind on all current events. Just read ASM- Spider Island. I'm waiting on the newest trades of Locke and Key and the Walking Dead to come through. I read pretty much everything I can get my hands on and have been buying/reading/collecting comics for a little over 20 years now. As much as I hated on DC doing the new 52, I've liked all the trades I've read so far, with standouts for me being : All the Batman titles, Green Lantern is probably my favorite right now, Green Lantern and Animal Man. Even Cat Woman and Batwoman were pretty decent. The only one I didn't like so far was JL:I, but that's been cancelled already.

Does anyone know the order of trade paperbacks for the IDW G.I. Joe series? They've got like 10 titles of GI Joe stuff with no real order for their newer canon.

Finally got my hands on Hit-Girl #2, but it's a 2nd print variant.
Also finally gonna pick up Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe #4 next week but the 2nd prints :rolleyes

1347466651.jpg

Looking forward to this even though the inside art will be completely different than this cover.

:smh: at the new thunderbolts... now we won't get to see the other thunderbolts like penance moonstone the swamp thing(?)
why don't they just have them form into a different group? :smh:

:stoneface: TWD iss 102 not coming out today....

Last edited:
:smh: at the new thunderbolts... now we won't get to see the other thunderbolts like penance moonstone the swamp thing(?)
why don't they just have them form into a different group? :smh:

:stoneface: TWD iss 102 not coming out today....
Moonstone is sticking around in Dark Avengers as a Captain Marvel variant like she was the last time.

IMO, the familiar faces were getting played out in Thunderbolts. I figure they'll do something else with those characters; Songbird, Mach w/e, Fixer can't and shouldn't be Thunderbolts forever, especially when you looked at the revamped purpose of the group; villains looking for redemption and reform or backsliding. I mean the usual faces have basically already made up for it. I'll miss Ghost and Troll and I figure Satanna and Man-Thing will show up elsewhere. Hyde and Centurius should go back to being villains. Boomerang should die.

Plus it makes sense that General Thunderbolt Ross creates his own team called the Thunderbolts. This team (except Venom) had already teamed up before led by Rulk to fight X-Force.

Penance/Speedball has been on a road trip with Vance since the Heroic Age started btw, they're basically in limbo.

Last edited:
Currently reading this (about to finish up all of 1986)
A few of the early ones I enjoyedDid they push this back? I swear it was supposed to come out today
indifferent.gif

http://www.imagecomics.com/comics/5080/The-Walking-Dead-102
Yes, it seems this issue was pushed back to next week. I've cut down on a lot of the comics and this is one of the few titles, I still pull. Walked into the comic shop a couple blocks from work, only to be disappointed.

I finally bought Volume 2 of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man. Can't wait to read that.

Has anyone read The Ultimates by Hickman? Thinking of getting into that title.

do i need to read previous DC issues before i start The New 52? I know more than the average person on character historues but i just got an iPad and im reading all the major stories. Im just about done with Knightfall and i wanna pick up a good running series, heard good things about some of the issues out of The New 52 but i dont wanna get put in the middle of things. I'd rather start from the top if its not too much back reading

do i need to read previous DC issues before i start The New 52? I know more than the average person on character historues but i just got an iPad and im reading all the major stories. Im just about done with Knightfall and i wanna pick up a good running series, heard good things about some of the issues out of The New 52 but i dont wanna get put in the middle of things. I'd rather start from the top if its not too much back reading
Not at all. The New 52's are basically brand new story lines.

Well the New 52 is a year old now so if you're asking if you have to go back to issues 1 for any book you wanna pick up not necessarily. You can read the Zero issues coming out this month and just start from issue 13 if you don't want to find back issues or buy trades.

Last edited:
Anyone have this gem? (First appearance of Electro)

I was watching Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends (Episode 7 - Video-Man)

Has anyone been reading the new Valliant books? The issues of Harbinger and Archer & Armstrong have been been great. X-0 Manowar,my favorite Valliant book back in the day, is good but it is somewhat slow in developing. If you were a fan of Valliant back in the 90s and or looking for Universe with great stories that is just ramping up I highly suggest checking them out.

Back
Top Bottom