OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

wasted no time un-DS'n these :D

Plenty of mixed reviews but I really enjoyed it, even Consequences. Part 05 (of 05) drops tomorrow
smokin.gif

detail.jpg

tho i wasnt all that please with the artwork on the last issue, i thought it finished off great

those who read what did u think bout consequence

does anyone know what will be the following series after this

I'm about to read 5 now but 1-4 was better than AvX for me, very focused and kept me interested. Very very good and I haven't read the last issue.

I like how we get in to Scott's head and see his view of things throughout since everything has changed, specifically after what happened with the other mutant inmate and what he thinks that means for other new mutants.

I'll go read it now and a few other things and post later.

Feb. '13 8)
Uncanny X-Men? Uncanny Avengers?
Uncanny_NOW_Teaser.jpg

Daredevil? Fear Itself?
comics_marvel_now_fearless_teaser.jpg
1st guess is right. Can't be uncanny avengers that's already out, this isn't a tease for a book that's already released. There's talk that it's a X-Men book and it's most likely Uncanny X-Men with focus on Cyclops. I'm not sure he'll be leading a group of X-Men, could be an Uncanny Brotherhood/Acolytes.

2nd one is most likely titled Fearless. After the Siege event Bunn wrote a mini about Valkyrie titled Fearless, the book is probably gonna be an all female team led by her.

Looks to be All New X-Men.

Feb. '13 8)
Uncanny X-Men? Uncanny Avengers?
Uncanny_NOW_Teaser.jpg

Daredevil? Fear Itself?
comics_marvel_now_fearless_teaser.jpg
1st guess is right. Can't be uncanny avengers that's already out, this isn't a tease for a book that's already released. There's talk that it's a X-Men book and it's most likely Uncanny X-Men with focus on Cyclops. I'm not sure he'll be leading a group of X-Men, could be an Uncanny Brotherhood/Acolytes.

2nd one is most likely titled Fearless. After the Siege event Bunn wrote a mini about Valkyrie titled Fearless, the book is probably gonna be an all female team led by her.

Looks to be All New X-Men.
It's not that either. All New X-Men is not releasing in Feb. It's coming out next week. Bendis is writing 2 X-Men books. All New and Uncanny ______. They already announced All New back in the summer.

These teasers are for books not announced yet, some are easy to guess, others are not. This appears to be pretty easy since Uncanny X-Men has been done since last month and it's 50th anniversary is next year.

Last edited:
Deadpool #1 :smokin
Iron Man #1 :pimp:
Scarlet Spider #11 :nthat:

Also read the 1st issue of Shadowman, pretty wild haha, artwork is on point

is consequences when they start to get in the story of AVX cuz just the fighting is cool but a lot is bland

If you really wanna get back into Spider-man, try finding a trade for the Evolve or Die story arch then Spider-man: Civil War then One More Day in that order. It explains everything you've missed and they're both real page turners. They have some of the best writing other than by Bendis on his Ultimate run

^ I've read nothing but good reviews for that run. I would want to get my hands on a trade once it comes out. Haven't been into Spidey since Maximum Carnage. The only Spidey stuff I still have these days is this
If you really wanna get back into Spider-man, try finding a trade for the Evolve or Die story arch then Spider-man: Civil War then One More Day in that order. It explains everything you've missed and they're both real page turners. They have some of the best writing other than by Bendis on his Ultimate run

here is my small collections started bout 2 months ago, the issues in the back are the ones im currently on of that series

TMNT is 
nthat.gif
 the artwork storyline and quality in paper is GREAT

AvsX #0-12 thought cyclops shouldve dead lol but what can u do. after reading Consequences glad they sent him to prison nice set on for that story

Deadpool #1-hilarious, looking forward to when he wakes up 

Avengers Academy #1-10 I am quiet please with artwork and storyline, i got into this because i wanted to get familiar with some characters since some will be in Avengers Arena but i still have alot of catching up to do in this series i just ordered #11 and #12 which were hard to find for some reason lol

got a better deal on Deadpool variants online so I'm headed to the shop for just the regular cover & a few other things... will post the pick-ups later

got these (2) Deadpool #1 variants for $19 shipped over @ Midtown :smokin

Last edited:
got a better deal on Deadpool variants online so I'm headed to the shop for just the regular cover & a few other things... will post the pick-ups later
got these (2) Deadpool #1 variants for $19 shipped over @ Midtown :smokin

Good looking out! Just copped the Baby Deadpool Variant for $5.53 shipped ( No local shops had it :smh: )

Minimum is getting in to the core of the story now. Really like where it's going.

Avengers and NA is finishing up okay

Defenders ended as expected.
is consequences when they start to get in the story of AVX cuz just the fighting is cool but a lot is bland
Nah Consequences is the aftermath of AvX, mainly dealing with Cyclops as he basically becomes more like Magneto ideology wise.

Summing up AvX though, Cyclops felt the phoenix possessing Hope (mutant messiah) would bring back mutants like they were before the Scarlet Witch wiped most of them out. The Avengers going off history felt it was too dangerous and wanted to protect Hope and keep it from possessing her. Fight breaks out. Iron Man tries to kill phoenix force but instead he just splits the power apart and it possesses 5 X-Men (Cycke, Magik, Colossus, Emma frost, and Namor). Now they rule the world making it a better place. The PF begins to corrupt them one by one as they end up losing the power. Eventually Cyke has all of it, goes dark, tries to destroy the world, Hope and Wanda work together to make the pf no longer exist as it brings back mutants. That's basically the story, nothing deeper to it.

Only key thing to point out is after Iron Man ***** up he and Cap and the rest of Avengers end up doing what Cyke was doing which they said was wrong and dangerous; having faith in hope that she's restore the mutant population.
1352395210.jpg

I knew Fearless was in the title but I was not expecting Marvel to so quickly relaunch the Defenders since unlike other titles that ended for Marvel NOW, the Defenders was cancelled cuz of low sales. This is nice though, Misty Knight :pimp:

The Uncanny title/cover hasn't been released yet but going off interviews it's official that it's an Uncanny X-Men relaunch
UNXMN001COVER_100.1.jpg

Last edited:

LOVED Deadpool #1! :smh: @ all the dope variant covers coming out, Marvel gives no dambs about my wallet

:x @ the end of Scarlet Spider #11, S*** IS ABOUT TO GET REAL

gonna read the Batmans after I finish this yard work. NICE COLLECTION up there Dalek, especially the Thief of Thieves issues. You got 1st prints or nah?

Last edited:
^
that's a pretty weird looking visor... and helmet
It's not much of a secret for Cyke's new costume, especially the visor, it's been talked about a lot and exactly how it'll work given the mask covers his eyes and the x design is covering his whole face. I put the pic in a spoiler cuz it's a new image by the artist on the book

Marvel-Announces-Marvel-NOW-Comic-Con-2012.jpeg

It really looks like he's literally a cyclops now.

Last edited:
It's not much of a secret for Cyke's new costume, especially the visor, it's been talked about a lot and exactly how it'll work given the mask covers his eyes and the x design is covering his whole face. I put the pic in a spoiler cuz it's a new image by the artist on the book
Marvel-Announces-Marvel-NOW-Comic-Con-2012.jpeg

It really looks like he's literally a cyclops now.

I never noticed that in those Marvel Now teasers. Interesting. I'm thinking it has something to do with all the talk that the Phoenix Force somehow altered their powers. I think.

LOVED Deadpool #1! :smh: @ all the dope variant covers coming out, Marvel gives no dambs about my wallet
:x @ the end of Scarlet Spider #11, S*** IS ABOUT TO GET REAL
gonna read the Batmans after I finish this yard work. NICE COLLECTION up there Dalek, especially the Thief of Thieves issues. You got 1st prints or nah?

Is that issue of Legends of the Dark Knight a tie in for Death of the Family?

It shouldn't be. Main reason I never picked up LOTDK is cuz it's not in continuity. I'm betting it's just an arc involving The Joker, called Crisis in Identity

And yeah probably has something to do with the PF. Hope they keep it consistent and there's changes in powers for all of the P5.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom