OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

It was the only logical outcome.

There was no way Marvel was getting rid of Peter Parker (they've recently put too much effort in to revamping his life and then having the best sales in years due to more changes to just scrap that now) and there was no way they were getting rid of Miles Morales (he's basically been made the only salvageable character from the UU and since Bendis created him and he just extended his exclusive contract the only way Miles dies is if he wants it to happen).
Did anyone read Death of Wolverine? How was it?
It was okay. If anything it made me want to read a Wolverine solo by Soule. It wasn't epic or anything. Most deaths post 2000s don't have the same impact anymore given all the big names have already died (multiple times) and come back by now.

Great art though.
Did anyone read Death of Wolverine? How was it?

Decent. The revelation of who was behind it all and his reasoning threw me somewhat. Not sure if I expected something more, less, or what, but it wasn't what I was expecting. The "death" of the character however was wonderfully done.
I think that was the guy that originally gave him his metal skeleton and wanted to keep doing weapon plus programs on mutants. I felt he was underwhelming but when I stopped to think about it Wolverine doesn't really have that great of a list of enemies. I happen to really dislike Sabertooth, so I'm left with his time in Japan or some relatively new villain that happens to be an old arch enemy.

Picked up 9 comics that tie in to secret wars... I got reading to do

I generally avoid tie in ins.

report back on which ones are good.
These really aren't like most past Marvel event tie-ins though.

Most of them are basically minis with their own story that aren't largely attached to the main narrative of Secret Wars. Plus since they destroyed the UU and MU these are 4 to 6 issue self contained stories free of continuity and if they are it'll still be easily to know what's going on from issue 1.

Last edited:
Master Zik Master Zik You're right, his list of enemies is slim (lol) and I honestly would've hated if it had been Sabretooth. He's a decent villain for Wolverine to meet in a fight, but not someone I can see being good as some big master planner with a longterm agenda.

All these #s seem off to me. Off as in too low.

Read some of them already. Whatever the hell Red Hood and Arsenal are wearing, both look like ***. Superman's looks good, I need to catch up though on his identity being revealed to everyone. I've been waiting for **** Grayson to become Nightwing again for the longest, looks like I still have a bit longer. I'm curious however to see how Hal Jordan ends up becoming a wanted fugitive, because I haven't been following GL, but last time I checked he was leading the Corps after the Guardians finally went off the deep end. (Blue little bastards) I'm way behind on that franchise though, only just having read Rise of the Third Army two weeks ago. The lost lantern thing with John Stewart looks just as good though. I feel like i'm one of the few people who hasn't minded Superman and Wonder Woman as a couple. Finally, Tim Drake in the BB suit? Alright, haven't followed the Teen Titans since like the start of the New 52, but i'll check it out.

I'm happy someone mentioned the Red Hood & Arsenal preview. I'm a fan of the characters, but the last run was pretty uninteresting to me. This preview though :smh:

Also, to save you some time. New52 Teen Titans has already been cancelled once, and the current run is even worse in my opinion. I got through the fiirst 5 issues, but felt it was way too unfocused. Didn't draw me in at all, or really give you much of any individual character. With that being said though, Batman Beyond is being taken over by Tim Drake from Earth 2, so reading Teen Titans won't help at all. Unfortunately, you'll have to read the mess that was Futures End in order to get the background story on E2 Tim Drake. I'd be happy to give a quick summary if it'd be helpful though, just hit me up.

My take away from the 44 sneak peeks: Finally some different looking art from DC :pimp: Some of the books like Red Hood & Green Arrow (haven't enjoyed it since Lemire/Sorrentino left) look even worse than they did before, but for the most part I hope we start getting some uniquely styled books. The whole uniform "New52 look and feel" was holding creators back in my opinion.

Not sure if this video was posted but check it out if you haven't seen it yet. Someone made a short crossover film Marvel Vs. DC.

I'm happy someone mentioned the Red Hood & Arsenal preview. I'm a fan of the characters, but the last run was pretty uninteresting to me. This preview though :smh:

Also, to save you some time. New52 Teen Titans has already been cancelled once, and the current run is even worse in my opinion. I got through the fiirst 5 issues, but felt it was way too unfocused. Didn't draw me in at all, or really give you much of any individual character. With that being said though, Batman Beyond is being taken over by Tim Drake from Earth 2, so reading Teen Titans won't help at all. Unfortunately, you'll have to read the mess that was Futures End in order to get the background story on E2 Tim Drake. I'd be happy to give a quick summary if it'd be helpful though, just hit me up.

My take away from the 44 sneak peeks: Finally some different looking art from DC :pimp: Some of the books like Red Hood & Green Arrow (haven't enjoyed it since Lemire/Sorrentino left) look even worse than they did before, but for the most part I hope we start getting some uniquely styled books. The whole uniform "New52 look and feel" was holding creators back in my opinion.

Well I haven't liked what i've read of Earth-2 honestly, so if it's the Tim from that reality then I might skip the book altogether :lol:

And speaking of characters looking bad, that armor/suit Gordon's wearing is silly and terrible. Seeing as this seems to be a city-sponsored thing however, i'm assuming that none of the actual bat family members designed it. I actually like that route, as I was wondering how things would function when Bruce inevitably comes back, if Jim Gordon now knows his identity and has been working with Damian and everyone else. This is a good workaround to that issue.

I haven't enjoyed a Green Arrow one since....before Cry for Justice :smh: Read a few issues after Flashpoint and couldn't get into it, so I dropped it. That being said I love the Arrow show. That last panel of the sneak peek looks interesting at least. So he has a sister now, wonder what part the show's success played in that decision lol

EDIT: We are Robin looks incredibly dumb. :smh:

Last edited:
I'm reading some now. The art for Earth 2 Society is really good. Can't call it with Constantine Hellblazer. :lol: NuCyborg looks like a knockoff of the latest Deathlok solo. JLU seemed interesting but I was not digging the art.

Looking forward to the MM book after the preview but I already planned on checking it out. The Midnighter preview was really good to me and convinced me to give issue #1 a read.

As for the whole Grayson Nightwing thing, from the amount of promo they put in to it they're not changing back any time soon. Earth 2 Grayson is Batman though if that floats your boat.

And yeah, those costumes for Arsenal and Red Hood are really bad :lol: :x Son literally got on a sleeveless brown Batman hoody. Still waiting for Arsenal to leave or for somebody other than Lobdell to pen the book though.

Fellow Nters, is there somewhere I can download all the marvel now and new 52 comics up to this point? I stopped around october 2014 and want to catch up.

PM if necessary Thanks.

Secret Wars and its tie ins have been fire. :rofl: at all those folks complaining about this months ago. Can't wait til renew your vows #2 drops and armor wars was very interesting.

Last edited:
Public service anouncement.

READ AIRBOY.

That is all.

What's the background on this...
James Robinson slightly fictionalized biography of his time in the comics industry with the in-story being about him teaming up with Hinkle to do an Airboy comic.

It's a very indie book from what I hear of it and quite the departure from the reputation he's gained while working at DC. Knowing some of Robinson's personality from podcasts and interviews and then reading his mainstream comic work I'd say he's quite the professional. Cuz from his stories and character work it's good but gives no indication of how he is in person and his day to day life. Dude is pretty perverted, debaucherous, and an all around fun guy :lol: From what I hear the book is more about how he is personally but again according to him it's slightly fictional

Last edited:
Do you guys still read mostly superhero comics from DC & Marvel?

Post-convergence and Secret Wars, I'm dropping DC and Marvel books like crazy. I read a lot, but weighing them against the good Image books these days....not even a tough decision.

Anyone else loving this Image revolution we are witnessing? :pimp: :pimp: Creator owned books >>>>

Some of my favorites right now:

Deadly Class
Saga
Lazarus
Black Science
Southern Bastards
The Fade Out
Wytches
Walking Dead
Jupiter's Legacy/Circle
Birthright
Thief of Thieves

Just started up Descender & Invisible Republic which I'm really liking as well.

Last edited:
yeah i'm pretty much a batman kind of guy...but i need to expand my collection...
heard this one was pretty good...it's by mark millar

picked this up this weekend...so far behind...

So am I, but then i'm also ahead because i've already read Eternal :lol: In general for comics books i'm always jumping around, buying newer and older trades at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom