OFFICIAL CROSSFIT THREAD

With Randy you just have to go for it.

Didn't do to well the first time I tried it, 6:29.

I went with a close grip, almost clean like. I'm going to muscle snatch that ***** next time. Goal is to do three sets of 25.

Forearms do burn.

I just don't have the motor for Randy, not yet. A year and a half in, and I still have a ton of work to do. That said, it's been a big week for me in the gym. New PR's in snatch and clean, also more unbroken DU's than ever before. Also did bar muscle ups in a WOD for the first time. I've had them for a while, but to knock out all 30 in a WOD was a huge milestone.

Anyone else PR this week?

Anybody use progenex? How does it compare to others?

I use More Muscle and Recovery. I have to have protein with hydrolized whey thanks to lactose intolerance so they meet the mark there, it's also carried at my gym so it's super convenient to grab a bag when I am running low. Personally, it's helped me put on some mass and I feel like my recovery is better than other options out there. I'm sure part of that is mental, but I'm okay with the placebo effect as long as I continue to make gains in the gym.

Sore as hell today....

30-20-10

Cal row
wall ball (20lbs)
lunges

**** suuuuucked :lol:

Had my first meeting with the Filthy 50 this week. Strangely, I'm already looking forward to the next time. Missed my goal of sub 30 by less than a minute. That won't happen again.

Ive worked a Jon Perra for a couple years now never knew he was such a beast.

Let's see if we can bring this back from the dead. Open registration is in less than two weeks. Once again I'll sign up, push myself to the limit, realize how far I've come since last year, and realize how far I still have to go.

Who else is planning on signing up for the Open?

I will be singing up for the open once again. Excited to see what the workouts are like and hopefully I only have to do them once this year.

I'll sign up, last year I had ZERO desire to do the workouts over. Once is enough for me. I'm not a regionals level competitor so don't see a reason to.

15.5 hurt my soul so bad. Traumatizing. :lol:

haha 15.5 put me in the hospital. Had a sudden sharp pain in my head, then went progressively blind in my left eye. Turns out I was super dehydrated but naturally my initial thought was I was having a stroke.

haha 15.5 put me in the hospital. Had a sudden sharp pain in my head, then went progressively blind in my left eye. Turns out I was super dehydrated but naturally my initial thought was I was having a stroke.

Wow, that's scary for sure. I've become so accustomed to working out at noon that I really have to pay attention to my nutrition/hydration if I am going to be working out much earlier or later in the day than that.

Wow, that's scary for sure. I've become so accustomed to working out at noon that I really have to pay attention to my nutrition/hydration if I am going to be working out much earlier or later in the day than that.

Threw up after my first crossfit class because I completely underestimated it...I was SO dehydrated. From that day on, I changed my water drinking habits.

Threw up after my first crossfit class because I completely underestimated it...I was SO dehydrated. From that day on, I changed my water drinking habits.

U in the DC area right ? Where u taking classes at ? The cheapest I seen was 225 a month ..that's crazy but I'm really interested in trying it out

U in the DC area right ? Where u taking classes at ? The cheapest I seen was 225 a month ..that's crazy but I'm really interested in trying it out

Take a look at Hierarchy. A friend of mine is friends with the owner, she has good things to say about the gym. I met him briefly, and he seems to be a solid dude. I'd at least drop the $100 on their intro sessions. You'll know pretty quickly if you want to stick with it.

http://crossfithierarchy.com/getting-started/rates/

Leaked Audio: CrossFit CEO Reportedly Says He’s Not Mourning George Floyd, Repeats Conspiracy Theories About Coronavirus
Rachel SandlerForbes Staff
Business

Already under fire for an insensitive tweet about George Floyd, CrossFit CEO Greg Glassman was recorded on Saturday during a Zoom meeting with CrossFit gym owners saying he isn’t mourning the black man’s death at the hands of Minneapolis police, and repeating unfounded conspiracy theories about COVID-19.
Crossfit Waging War Against DC Regulations

Crossfit Inc. founder and CEO Greg Glassman
PHOTO BY LINDA DAVIDSON
According to a recording of the meeting obtained by BuzzFeed News, Glassman said that neither he nor his staff is mourning Floyd and asked: “Can you tell me why I should mourn for him? Other than that it’s the white thing to do — other than that, give me another reason?”
The CEO also repeated an unfounded conspiracy theory that Floyd was murdered to cover up a money laundering scheme involving counterfeit bills, using the fact that the officer involved in his death, Derek Chauvin, worked at the same nightclub as Floyd last year to back his claim.
Glassman acknowledged that Floyd’s death was “wrong,” but repeated a litany of common arguments countering the Black Lives Matter movement: he focused on the burning and looting of buildings, brought up black-on-black crime and said protesters are “blaming the police for all of the problems in blighted communities.”
In addition to his rant about Floyd, Glassman said he believes the conspiracy that COVID-19 originated in a lab inside China and assailed the coronavirus-related shutdowns for costing “way more lives than have been saved.”

Glassman has already been under fire for an insensitive tweet about Floyd, which caused Rebok and several athletes to cut ties with the company.
CrossFit did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Forbes.

Mike Young, a CrossFit gym owner, wrote in a Medium post he is no longer renewing his gym’s affiliate license because of the call.
“This decision will almost certainly come at a cost to my business but I no longer wish to associate with a company and CEO who are tone deaf and insensitive to our current national crises and so willing to inflame racial divisions,” he said.

Glassman sparked outrage on Sunday after referring to the death of unarmed black man George Floyd in police custody Floyd’s death as “It’s FLOYD-19.” His tweet was a direct reply to a post from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation that read: “Racism and discrimination are critical public health issues that demand an urgent response. #BlackLivesMatter.” Glassman later apologized on the CrossFit Twitter page, saying: "It was a mistake, not racist but a mistake.”

Good riddance, maybe the sport will actually grow now.

Back
Top Bottom