OFFICIAL DENVER NUGGETS Season Thread (Ok... Maybe we're not "finished")

I don't know what the hell happened to our season thread, but whoever starts a season thread need to keep it updated and interesting. I know our team hasstruggled quite a bit, but we aren't doing THAT bad. Where's the love? I can take the reigns for the season thread like last year and keep you updatedwith news and thought provoking topics.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

I dunno what happened to the post either, but it don't matter. We gon start this new one up and keep it movin
pimp.gif

(By the way... if some of you don't frequent the music forum, you might not know that I am Shoelova13... but Yuku messed up my account, but I'm back.I'm not some NEW Nuggets fan... don't get it twisted!
laugh.gif
)

Anyway, as for the topic, that is GREAT news and I hope it is confirmed. I wouldn't be surprised tho... my boy AI loves it there. I also wouldn't beconcerned about Melo or the Nuggets as a whole.

1. Melo is averaging 25, 5.5 and 4 and that is all off of a CAREER low shooting performance in his career
laugh.gif
. He is the last of my concern. The last game was a great sign, and I believe we areabout to see him turn it on big time. Look for his averages on the year to end up around 28, 6.5, and 4.5.
2. That Forward All Star slot is locked for the next 10 years.
3. The Nuggets are frustrating as %@@%, but we are 3rd in the West. THIRD.

[Martin] Woo woo wooo woooo! I said Wooo wooo wooo wooo! [/Martin}

And on track for a 50-60 win season. And Nene has been out all season as well as Chucky. And JR is injured and can't shoot well at the moment. WhenEVERYONE is back and Nene is at full health (reports from Hess say he is coming back as a beast athletically. He said the same about K-Mart and look how heturned out
eek.gif
. Hess is a hero... he needs some super bonuses
laugh.gif
).

Watch out NBA. We're coming for that title
pimp.gif

TEAM FIRE GEORGE KARL

Seriously, in terms of the Nuggets, what has George Karl accomplished that Jeff Bzdelic hasn't?

??????
No hate... I just couldn't disagree more with this sig. Smh
laugh.gif

Iverson looking like the old A.I again, I'm talking as skills wise. I thought he was aging but after that 51 points he has been on a tear lately I hope myman A.I finally gets a chip this year but I know not with the bench yall got at the moment.

smh.gif
team denver nuggets has gotten thin since all them 76erbandwagoners jumped off

that 6 year extension dont seem good IMO.... what is iverson's strength? his speed. and thats what goes first for athletes...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

smh.gif
team denver nuggets has gotten thin since all them 76er bandwagoners jumped off

that 6 year extension dont seem good IMO.... what is iverson's strength? his speed. and thats what goes first for athletes...

I thought Iverson's speed was suppose to be gone 5 years ago?
laugh.gif
Every year people are waiting for AI to slow down, and he is still top 3 in scoring. He's dishing and putting up numbers! Chuck is the type of dude to beon some Darrel Greene *#%$ running 4.3 40 yard dashes at 41 years old.

dude talking about iverson when he has no idea whatsup....

YO for all my nuggets fans some random fact off TRUEHOOP.. PER 100 possessions the nuggest are the second best defensive team behind the Celtics.... wierd huh?i never would have thought that

smh.gif

Iverson's speed isn't going ne where... He's still one of the fastest players in the league and he's 32/33 (i cant remember)... Its notlike once he reaches 35 or 36 he's guna turn into yao ming or sumthin as far as quickness and speed goes....Iverson is still going to be quicker and fasterthan most guys until he retires...

Real Team Nuggets people know who the real Team Nuggets people are.

--First off, we are tied with the Hornets for 3rd place in the west right now. People are still hating though.

--Carmelo's shooting % has been subpar lately. Still, he gets his 23 points and is just in a slump right now. When Nene returns to the paint he'll drawdefenders so that Melo will have some more breathing room. But since Iverson has gone 2001 on everybody, that's helped out a lot.

--Camby needs to get his act together offensively. Taking those baseline 17 footers rarely works for him.

--Anthony Carter playing great D as of late. Jumpshot is okay.

--I never liked Chucky Atkins but I hope when he returns he'll understand that his role is strictly to take the point guard load off of Iverson, and thathe's filling the role of Steve Blake: strictly a distributer.

Anyway the Spurs game is tomorrow and I hate them, so let's hit them while Parker and Duncan are out. Thanks TraSoul for the new thread.

^ good point on chucky atkins.. thats something that i have really been wondering. Chucky is not a natural distributor he likes to shoot, and im not sure ifhes willing to accept that role as a strict distributor. Carter is a better defender as well.. Call me crazy but i really want this to be our starting line andbench style:

Carter
Al
Melo
Martin
Camby

Atkins
Nene
J.R
Kleiza
Najera.

No deeper than that, i dont want to see diawara playing or bobby jones. I had to put up with garbage in philly im not putting up with it now

smh.gif

smh.gif
Son, im going to start calling you Skip Bayless. They were saying that 3-5years ago and he's still one of the quickest in the league today. Anyways, I hope yall not expecting chucky to just to be only a distributor. Part of thereason he was brought in was to spread the floor with his shooting for Melo and A.I.

yah i dont mind the occasional open three but he better not try to turn into chucky from memphis or chucky from L.A on this team.... and 76er's bandwagonjumpoffs? get the F outta here i been with the A.I BEFORE georgetown... Vancouver aint got a sports team.. so wherever al goes i go. Thats not being bandwagonthats being loyal to a player, because essentially players make up this league and unfortunetely The grizz are now in memphis so i cant do $#+%.

Al slowing down? i love it when people say this... your quicker than al's first step to forget that just two years ago he dropped his career high 33 per...

dont say this is iverson circa 2001, this is just iverson, he hasnt slowed down, he hasnt changed, nothings happened

Originally Posted by PrinSe3

^ good point on chucky atkins.. thats something that i have really been wondering. Chucky is not a natural distributor he likes to shoot, and im not sure if hes willing to accept that role as a strict distributor. Carter is a better defender as well.. Call me crazy but i really want this to be our starting line and bench style:

Carter
Al
Melo
Martin
Camby

Atkins
Nene
J.R
Kleiza
Najera.

No deeper than that, i dont want to see diawara playing or bobby jones. I had to put up with garbage in philly im not putting up with it now
I don't think ur lineup is crzy at all..I actually think that would be best...Cuz Carter distributes the ball and plays good d..which is wat weneed at the 1..i wish he was a better 3 point shooter but i can live without that as long as he plays d...

Atkins is one of those guys thats capable of going off for 20 pts in a game...He can shoot the 3 which will help when Nene and Melo are getting doubled in thepost..he'll spread the floor

The only thing I disagree with is what u said about diawara..he should DEF be part of the rotation...he is our best defender and his 3 pt shooting has actuallybeen good this year...its obvious he worked on it during the off-season...I'd rather see him play than JR....I cant stand him...Jr needs to get tradedbefore the deadline...

It's just that Steve Blake was such an essential part of the offense last season, and it was because he could penetrate and dish while still being ashooting threat. This would leave Nene and Melo open every time. If Atkins wants to just be a jumpshooter, he's got another thing coming. He needs to setup guys like Iverson so that Allen isn't wasting his time bringing the ball up the floor.

thing about diawara is this: he gets lost out there sometimes... like i dunno whatsup with the plays or what, but dude doesnt know whats goin a lot of thetime, goes and sets screens on people who arent there.... hes a good defender fully agreed and a hustle guy, but we already have that in the anthony carter,najera types.

the thing about j.r smith is this...... I KNOW its in the best interest of the team to trade him and if i took my bias aside they should trade him, but i lookat it like this : i would feel like byron russell after game 6 if j.r turned out to be what he has the potential to be. Son has soo much game and if herealizes it and gets his head straight its over.

what your thoughts on kleiza. I think hes a huge asset to our team, hes one of the few euros who can shoot the three AND be aggressive.

Originally Posted by PrinSe3

thing about diawara is this: he gets lost out there sometimes... like i dunno whatsup with the plays or what, but dude doesnt know whats goin a lot of the time, goes and sets screens on people who arent there.... hes a good defender fully agreed and a hustle guy, but we already have that in the anthony carter, najera types.

the thing about j.r smith is this...... I KNOW its in the best interest of the team to trade him and if i took my bias aside they should trade him, but i look at it like this : i would feel like byron russell after game 6 if j.r turned out to be what he has the potential to be. Son has soo much game and if he realizes it and gets his head straight its over.

what your thoughts on kleiza. I think hes a huge asset to our team, hes one of the few euros who can shoot the three AND be aggressive.
I agree he's not soft like most Euro's r.....that may be becuz he went to college at missouri so he was in the states for a min be4 coming tothe league..he's not one of those that come str8 from euro league....I think he's our most consistent 3 point shooter by far on this team...

DMV is RNB wrote:
TEAM FIRE GEORGE KARL

Seriously, in terms of the Nuggets, what has George Karl accomplished that Jeff Bzdelic hasn't?

??????
No hate... I just couldn't disagree more with this sig. Smh
laugh.gif

I'll change my sig once this team shows some true consistency instead of just flashes of greatness. Or at least until we get TWO victories in theplayoffs. Bzdelic got us one win and a first round exit two years in a row, just like Karl has. Bzdelic also got us a 40+ (but sub-50) win total, just likeKarl has. I'm just saying Karl needs to show what separates himself from the supposedly sub-par coach. Our team lacks discipline in the worst way, despiteour record. Remember those claims by the team that they were going for 60 games? I think they have the talent for a 60 win season, but certainly not the focus.I know we lost both of our point guards early and a power foward, but that is no excuse for letting games slip away that you should have in the bag (1st Lakersgame, anyone?).

Anyway, I think you guys should check out NuggetsInsider.com. It has a pretty realistic take on our team in their articles as well as their Podcasts. The sitewas pretty dead last year, but for some reason they seem dedicated to expanding the site and keeping it updated. AS FAR AS THE IVERSON EXTENSION GOES, this isa good test for the reliability of the site for inside information, as you can probably tell by now that you can't find any info on Iverson signing anextension anywhere else.

Well, I will keep this new thread as lively as I can (at the very least I'll keep the thread title updated with our latest record).

But there are many positive things to discuss, such as:

Kenyon's comeback

Nene's return - Did Steve Hess help him lose weight as promised?

Chuck Atkins' return - Hopefully gets us a more solid passer who is not afraid to take a shot a la my boy Steve Blake

Anthony Carter's solid play - passes aren't necessarily the sharpest but he gets the concept of smart basketball

Team victories despite Melo's poor shooting

The fact that this team has only lost once when Iverson has a double-double (and the fact that the first loss was his first game as a Nuggets with no Melo, JR,Camby or K-Mart)

arite

kenyon is not FULLY back but hes back.... however im not even act like im not a lil bit worried that his knees might give in at any moment. I hope not but twomicrofractures?? damnnn.

Anthony Carter should be our starting point.. great d... great compliment to Al's style

melo putting up too many shots, and not playing enough defence. He needs to step it up on D i mean seriously. I love the guy but it pains me watching him havea hard time guarding non elite players

^^^^

The team is in pretty good shape for now. Once we get Chucky Atkins and Nene back we should get better. I def agree that Melo needs to stop taking so manyshots and he needs to step up the d because he can play decent D when he wants to.

Back
Top Bottom