Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

Actually

Overnight
Zombie Walk
Caliber
Timmy Turner
and maybe 2-3 more tracks off the mixtape still get play. Is it the hottest thing out hell no, is it on par or better than a lot of the **** i see praised in here daily YES.

not to mention the ***** literall has out less than 15 songs....... compared to ****** who have literally 10-20 mixtapes, he's 18 and already lightyears ahead of some cats.

And i LOVE how he suddenlt has this machine around him of GOOD Music... The same Good Music that houses SEVERAL other rappers who haven't been able to get near his amount of success.

Also when compared to the group he's compared too (Uzi, Lil Yachty, Thug)

Uzi is signed to Atlantic, Has DJ DRAMA (exec position at Atlantic) & Don Cannon (exec position at Def Jam), and two of the biggest DJ's in the country.

Lil Yachty is managed by Coach K.... look at the names he's worked with

Thug has money spent on him by universal.... Sgned to 300 and is being directly pushed By Lyor Cohen & Kevin Lyles

All of this but somehow Desiigner is the only one benefitting from a cosign & label????

cats have a clear as day bias for the kid.

Lol the same 10 future fans in every other artists thread but futures [emoji]128555[/emoji][emoji]128555[/emoji][emoji]128555[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Your boy ain't poppin no more? Once drake stop throwing that boy charity it's a wrap :rofl:

The same two people in here acting like they really listen to desiigner

And their motivations are clear.

1. Is hurt because a few people he feels are fans of Future, hurt a couple Drake fans feelings in the other thread

2. The other is a "defend all NYC artist no matter how trash they are" guy :lol:

Last edited:
Actually

Overnight
Zombie Walk
Caliber
Timmy Turner
and maybe 2-3 more tracks off the mixtape still get play. Is it the hottest thing out hell no, is it on par or better than a lot of the **** i see praised in here daily YES.

not to mention the ***** literall has out less than 15 songs....... compared to ****** who have literally 10-20 mixtapes, he's 18 and already lightyears ahead of some cats.

And i LOVE how he suddenlt has this machine around him of GOOD Music... The same Good Music that houses SEVERAL other rappers who haven't been able to get near his amount of success.

Uzi is signed to Atlantic, Has DJ DRAMA (exec position at Atlantic) & Don Cannon (exec position at Def Jam), and two of the biggest DJ's in the country.

Thug has money spent on him by universal.... Signed to 300 and is being directly pushed By Lyor Cohen & Kevin Lyles

All of this but somehow Desiigner is the only one benefitting from a cosign & label????

You really just named multiple trash artists all with different degrees of backing, most of it good backing. Uzi currently is on 3 songs in the top 100. Young Thug is on a hot Usher track. Lil Yachty has two videos that total to nearly 40 million views, one of them (Broccoli) is a song that is actually heard on a regular basis. Desiigner has the GOOD music backing and a #1 single. Timmy Turner has 37 million views, yet 36.79 million of those listens came from delete1234 delete1234 .

And all those songs you listed either stink or are forgettable btw other than Panda.

Last edited:

1. Is hurt because a few people he feels are fans of Future, hurt a couple Drake fans feelings in the other thread

2. The other is a "defend all NYC artist no matter how trash they are" guy :lol:

so i'm defending him because i'm from NYC not because i actually like the music.... there's dozens of other projects that i would stand by if that was the case. It's just mind blowing to me that one will say Future is one of the top artist in the game and then say Desiigner is unlistenable, when 80% of the time a new fans listens to a desiigner song they legit like the song & think it's future.

If it was all based off him not having originality i could see why... but based off the ****** ya'll gassing in these threads I know originality cant mean that much to ya'll which just leads me to the fact that some people are mad an 18 yr old kid (FROM NYC) with a year of rapping under his belt, took the sound everyone is trying to emulate and had more success this year than anyone of the numerous copies would imagine.

so i'm defending him because i'm from NYC not because i actually like the music.... there's dozens of other projects that i would stand by if that was the case. It's just mind blowing to me that one will say Future is one of the top artist in the game and then say Desiigner is unlistenable, when 80% of the time a new fans listens to a desiigner song they legit like the song & think it's future.

If it was all based off him not having originality i could see why... but based off the ****** ya'll gassing in these threads I know originality cant mean that much to ya'll which just leads me to the fact that some people are mad an 18 yr old kid (FROM NYC) with a year of rapping under his belt, took the sound everyone is trying to emulate and had more success this year than anyone of the numerous copies would imagine.

You keep acting like we all like the same music. We just don't man :lol:.

View media item 2163796
Cq_CKCiWAAU3vk9

Cq_vBCFW8AAj4l8

View media item 2163797

Last edited:

It's simple. Guerrilla Black's voice sounded like Big's but he was trash. Same with Designer.

Designer is just a trash as Yachty and Uzi. You can't clown dudes for listening to them and you bumping Designer. :lol:

Last edited:
Thing is, u hear people listening to the other dudes. Like my baby bro and his whole team love Lil uzi. They got all his tapes and know em word for word front to back. Yatchy got the internet nerd fan base, I never personally met someone who listens to him. Unless designer got that same e fan base, I might be the only person I know that gave it a spin. Besides panda u don't pull up on a car playing his **** man. He's young and got all the connects he needs but he needs to reinvent himself asap.

Because he's considered a joke and known more for people making a meme out of him than his music. Panda will only stretch out so far. Fetty wap had trap queen, then he followed it up with more hits and bangers. Desiigners has panda and thats where it stopped for him. That mixtape was level 5 trash.

Last edited:
And you say this becuase?
Because that lane he in has numerous of others that have a bigger following than him. What they all have on their side is youth. He had a hit record at 18, it's not too late for dude. Every person they compared him to above is light years better besides yatchy and the kids obviously like him better.

Cats just refuse to call Timmy Turner a hit. Mental gymnastics at its finest.

And it might not have been an official release but that Moon People track was flames too.

Because that lane he in has numerous of others that have a bigger following than him. What they all have on their side is youth. He had a hit record at 18, it's not too late for dude. Every person they compared him to above is light years better besides yatchy and the kids obviously like him better.

Let's be honest, every young rapper is being thrown into that group/lane. Besides maybe Herb and Curry, all the Freshmen were basically billed as a bunch of turn up bee boppers.

And you just based a following off your surroundings when Desiigner is making more successful singles than them boys. You said the kids obviously like Yachty better but Yachty aint better than Desiigner, so why is that he should be worried about bein better than the others.

Let's be real, Noone is listening to a designer project. People are actually listening to uzi projects and are going to yatchy shows. Panda was and is bigger than anything they will ever put out but they have listenable projects to their fans. U can believe dudes lying in here if u want, Noone is listening to that tape. He dropped the ball heavy when all eyes were on him. Timmy Turner ain't no damn hit, it was better as a meme than a song.

Actually

Overnight
Zombie Walk
Caliber
Timmy Turner

Thug has money spent on him by universal.... Sgned to 300 and is being directly pushed By Lyor Cohen & Kevin Lyles

The difference is that the general consumer doesn't know of Uzi/Yachty/Thug being down with those respective names. 

Kanye is standing next to Desiigner publicly, put him on 2/3 songs on his album, directed/co-starred  in Panda video, and is now on the Timmy Turner remix.

They're trying to force Desiigner instead of having him put out a strong catalog of music. Panda was a hit. Timmy Turner may or may not be a hit, but we'll say so far it's a hot record that they're trying to force into a hit by tacking on Ye.

With Uzi, Yachty and Thug, they all had back catalogs that gradually and organically got hot instead of Drama calling Wayne to hop on an Uzi record or something like that.

Let's be real, Noone is listening to a designer project. People are actually listening to uzi projects and are going to yatchy shows. Panda was and is bigger than anything they will ever put out but they have listenable projects to their fans. U can believe dudes lying in here if u want, Noone is listening to that tape. He dropped the ball heavy when all eyes were on him. Timmy Turner ain't no damn hit, it was better as a meme than a song.
I promise you Desiigner would give back that #1 record if he could exchange that metric for having a back catalog tapes and songs that organically people were playing, the same way Fetty had a Soundcloud full of songs that were already buzzing before 300 put them on the album.

Back
Top Bottom