*Official Detroit Lions Thread*

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Came down to a freaking inch with that last SF TD Catch! If Delmas only tackled that guy sooner!

Or if Barbie didnt overrun the play and miss cleaning Walker up. 

Came down to a freaking inch with that last SF TD Catch! If Delmas only tackled that guy sooner!

Originally Posted by Newbs24

http://www.nfl.com/gamece...04/2011/REG6/49ers@lions
Damnnnnnn I just re-watched that play and you're right.  Freaking Carpenter blew it!!!!! No way he would have scored if he lit him up at the 2 yard line.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Newbs24

http://www.nfl.com/gamece...04/2011/REG6/49ers@lions
Damnnnnnn I just re-watched that play and you're right.  Freaking Carpenter blew it!!!!! No way he would have scored if he lit him up at the 2 yard line.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Hopefully the Ronnie Brown pick up works out. Best is not built to be a feature back in the league, especially since they try and run him up the middle all the damn time. I hate the run play calling, we need to get him out on the edges into space and let him work rather than doing that stupid %$@ draw play every run. Hope he gets better though, 2nd concussion of the season isn't a good sign
30t6p3b.gif
I hope to see more Keiland Williams back there and Brown, Morris is done, do not want to see him toting the rock at all. O-line needs to get their **#% together to, they were getting their lunch ate out there last week. I like how our defense is aggressive but they need to start respecting the run more, letting to many run plays get to the 2nd level. Alot to turn around in a week but ATL is struggling, focus should be on stopping Turner and work from there.

Also check out the article on the ESPN NFC North Blog, they went over what happened on that punt return by Ginn that led to the game winning TD. Apparently he went out of bounds at the 40, and after the time out they spotted the ball at the 35, that could have been the difference between a score and not. Also they should have been back at about there own 27 since there were 2 clear block in the backs. I can't get to mad over the blocks in the backs even though they were blatant, refs seem to miss those all the time, but spotting the ball 5 yards from where it was, that is not acceptable
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Hopefully the Ronnie Brown pick up works out. Best is not built to be a feature back in the league, especially since they try and run him up the middle all the damn time. I hate the run play calling, we need to get him out on the edges into space and let him work rather than doing that stupid %$@ draw play every run. Hope he gets better though, 2nd concussion of the season isn't a good sign
30t6p3b.gif
I hope to see more Keiland Williams back there and Brown, Morris is done, do not want to see him toting the rock at all. O-line needs to get their **#% together to, they were getting their lunch ate out there last week. I like how our defense is aggressive but they need to start respecting the run more, letting to many run plays get to the 2nd level. Alot to turn around in a week but ATL is struggling, focus should be on stopping Turner and work from there.

Also check out the article on the ESPN NFC North Blog, they went over what happened on that punt return by Ginn that led to the game winning TD. Apparently he went out of bounds at the 40, and after the time out they spotted the ball at the 35, that could have been the difference between a score and not. Also they should have been back at about there own 27 since there were 2 clear block in the backs. I can't get to mad over the blocks in the backs even though they were blatant, refs seem to miss those all the time, but spotting the ball 5 yards from where it was, that is not acceptable
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

That was a tough loss Lion fans but the season is still young... Posting this awesome vid in here for you guys. Good luck with the rest of the season & have fun.

That was a tough loss Lion fans but the season is still young... Posting this awesome vid in here for you guys. Good luck with the rest of the season & have fun.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Thats all right tho, I think this loss will humble the team more.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Yea the team was going to lose eventually, hopefully they come back hungrier this week and show some improvement.  Need to establish a run game with Williams or Brown, a big back that can pound it in there and get some yards and wear down defenses.  Even if it doesn't seem like it is working they need to do it just to keep teams honest.  Then also try and work the ball to the outside with Mo or even Logan if he is in the backfield for some sets, get them in space so they can move and make some plays.  Just need to do something to take pressure off the pass game plus it will help close games out.  If the Lions had a legit ground game they wouldn't have lost last week.  Also looking for improvement from the front 7, no more big run plays dammit
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Yea the team was going to lose eventually, hopefully they come back hungrier this week and show some improvement.  Need to establish a run game with Williams or Brown, a big back that can pound it in there and get some yards and wear down defenses.  Even if it doesn't seem like it is working they need to do it just to keep teams honest.  Then also try and work the ball to the outside with Mo or even Logan if he is in the backfield for some sets, get them in space so they can move and make some plays.  Just need to do something to take pressure off the pass game plus it will help close games out.  If the Lions had a legit ground game they wouldn't have lost last week.  Also looking for improvement from the front 7, no more big run plays dammit
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I think the Ronnie Brown trade is HUGE for y'all. Such a good pickup, I don't understand why Brown has gotten +%#*@@! on the last year. He's a starter, he can run. I think he's better than Best and I like Best but this is a HUGE pickup for y'all.

I think the Ronnie Brown trade is HUGE for y'all. Such a good pickup, I don't understand why Brown has gotten +%#*@@! on the last year. He's a starter, he can run. I think he's better than Best and I like Best but this is a HUGE pickup for y'all.

Back
Top Bottom