Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Think that Black being Zamasu's evil self/essence would make sense or just some kind of fusion like people have been saying.

I get a Kame/Piccolo creation vibe from Zamasu.

Like Kame, Zamasu had to separate the evil within himself to become a Kai/Gurdian. That Evil will manifest itself as Goku Black
Seems like the most accurate guess so far. The one earring that black has would be the biggest giveaway as well. Doesn't Zamasu have two earrings? Granted they are a different color but I could def seeing an evil side to him that transforms into Black. We need more episodes

Why would he have to 'travel back as if meeting Goku for the first time'

Unless by 'this timeline' you're talking about when Black traveled back in time in universe 7. Yea, Lame had a point there about how it looked like he had met Goku for the first time.

Zamasu creating Goku as a possible sparring partner makes more sense. Would still fit my narrative that by visiting universe 10, Goku accidentally created a villain

My comment was only based on you saying this trip to universe 10 is what creates black. Black can travel between timelines but based on what we've seen he can only stay in other timelines for a certain amount of time. Since he's been around long enough to terrorize trunks earth without being sucked back to wear he came from that pretty firmly ties his orgin to to trunks time line. I can totally see zamasu from trunks time line being involved in blacks creation. But that would be independent of what happened in the latest episode

Last edited:
I'm agreeing with the split theory. That older kai. Probably found it necessary to "expel" the evil out of Zamasu not knowing how evil he was. Seeing as how goku definitely kept his body in the afterlife he somehow got a hold of gokus body. Why he chose goku, who's been dead and not even from his own universe is a mystery to me though.

Also why was there something familiar about black/zamasu'a Ki if we are given the impression. That neither whis or beerus has met Zamasu before?

I didn't get the impression that they never met Zamasu. And if that's the case, I don't see why they couldn't recognize it. Goku can search for SSJB ki to transport to Vegeta. No too far fetched to think Whis and Beerus can sense Koas

I didn't get the impression that they never met Zamasu. 
i mean he introduced them like they had never met him.
 And if that's the case, I don't see why they couldn't recognize it. Goku can search for SSJB ki to transport to Vegeta. No too far fetched to think Whis and Beerus can sense Koas
but the fact remains that they were still wrong though right? goku confirmed that zamasu at least how is now, doesnt have the same ki as black. although it may be similar.

Black is Zamasu from the future..

this is what im thinking too but i could be wrong

they said his ki was similar but wasnt exactly the same maybe zamasu has the ability to transform into people or steal bodies as a power up or something

dude got HUMBLED real quick tho in front of his master and the god of destruction :rofl: goku took it easy on em too

Last edited:
If Zamasu is Black, why is Black stronger? Goku made light work of Zamasau but seemed to be more evenly matched when he fought Black.

If Zamasu is Black, why is Black stronger? Goku made light work of Zamasau but seemed to be more evenly matched when he fought Black.

Keep in mind that trunks time line is something like 16 years ahead of the maint timeline. If black is Zamasu he has 16 years to get there.

Keep in mind that trunks time line is something like 16 years ahead of the maint timeline. If black is Zamasu he has 16 years to get there.

I think once Zamasu successfully expelled Black from his body....Black stole the ring of time....and traveled to Trunks timeline....knowing that all the z fighters were dead already, so that he could successfully destroy all the mortals in that universe.

I think once Zamasu successfully expelled Black from his body....Black stole the ring of time....and traveled to Trunks timeline....knowing that all the z fighters were dead already, so that he could successfully destroy all the mortals in that universe.

A few things about that.
If black was from a timeline other than trunks, why was he able to Stay there but not stay in the main timeline when he came looking for trunks? Based on that and the info we know as of now that has to mean black came to existence in trunks timeline.

With that assumption we have Keep in mind that time travel isn't linear in DBZ. The black that we have seen can't be from the zamasu that we just met because he exists in trunks time line and because Trunks future and the main time lines future aren't linked. If we accept the theory that black is what comes about when Zamasu has his evil expelled, then if the Zamasu we just met does have his evil expelled then that would make a second, black independent of the black that trunks is running from.

Confusing I know :lol:

Last edited:
My man Zamasu was deadset on calling Goku a human
laugh.gif

They done told him like 3-4 times that he's a Saiyan and it was in one ear and out the other. His feelings started off a bit understandable and quickly became obsessive and irrational.

That old kai put no respek on all of the other species in their universe though
laugh.gif

Next week should be good. Haven't gotten too much Vegeta yet this arc so I know son has a lot to get off his chest.
In the Japanese the phrase used is "Ningen" which translates to human yeah but it's more of a catch-all term in reference to the mortals from the Kaioshin's perspective.

So both Saiyans and Earthlings are considered "Ningen"

Essentially if the main time lines future can't become trunks future ( which we know as fact because trunks future branches off as a result of goku dying and the androids killing everyone), how can Zamasu from the main time line become, black of Trunks timeline?

What can happen though is that there is a Zamasu in trunk's time line and that Zamasu became black. I can see a super 17 scenario happening though and Black becomes "complete" if fuses/absorbs with the Zamasu from the main timeline.

I realy think Black is from Universe 10

He might not be exactly Zamasu, but I'm starting to rock with the theory that he is Zamasu's dark half

I think he might be able to travel between worlds horizontally (through space) easily just like Beerus and Whis can but not vertically (through time) so it might explain why he can easily be in an alternate future of universe 7 but not in the present

So if this theory is correct Black can easily travel between universe 10 or 9 or 8 or whatever so as long as he is not traveling up and down through time.

Last edited:
Didn't beerus and whis say they were gonna travel to the other universe's after this episode ended

Still hoping they pull up on the Sayian Planet

I love how Goku is just kicking it with them. But then again he's always been very cavalier with gods.

I'm feelin this Black Goku saga even more now. Zamasu and the creepy music they play are dope.

Mai being in future Trunks' time is still bothering me though

I'm feelin this Black Goku saga even more now. Zamasu and the creepy music they play are dope.

Mai being in future Trunks' time is still bothering me though

same this arc is the most interesting db super arc so far tbh

Last edited:
I realy think Black is from Universe 10

He might not be exactly Zamasu, but I'm starting to rock with the theory that he is Zamasu's dark half

I think he might be able to travel between worlds horizontally (through space) easily just like Beerus and Whis can but not vertically (through time) so it might explain why he can easily be in an alternate future of universe 7 but not in the present

So if this theory is correct Black can easily travel between universe 10 or 9 or 8 or whatever so as long as he is not traveling up and down through time.

Precisely what im thinking. At the very least we know he can go from universe to universe because he's clearly not a kai from trunks universe because we know that trunks worked with the kai to beat Dabura and babidi. So he's gotta be from another universe.

Back
Top Bottom