Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Yup. It's clear they turned the stupid meter up another notch for Goku in Super. He's absolutely regressed in maturity and intelligence.

59 Straight weeks of filler. This show is bad. But I'll continue watching. New DBZ content is appreciated....

Last edited:
Only consistent character in Dragon Ball right now is Vegeta.

They will never let my mans win.

But agreed, they've turned Goku into a moron. Kind of annoying.

^^ The family man Vegeta who knows that Goku is his superior? He's there

Oh and for the 10th time, Buu saga >>>

Last edited:
Yeah, they turned Goku into a dumbass in super.

Son has the IQ and attitude of a young Naruto, but he's like 50 right now..
He showed maturity towards the end of Z, especially after seeing how he goof'ed throwing his son out to the hands of Cell and Piccolo telling him how bad of a father he was. He seemed to of come back during Buu and had not only a higher battle IQ, but more common sense all together.

Now he's just an idiot who has blue hair

Bingo. I wouldn't even say that it was only towards the end of Z where Goku was showing maturity. Said it before and i'll say it again, from the Saiyan Saga up through the Cell Saga this series was just as much Gohan's story as Goku's. Akira then balanced things about between the two. Goku's time being that goofy kid was pretty much over. Was he still lighthearted and did he joke around every now and again? Of course, he's not Vegeta after all. But he wasn't just plain dumb like he was as a kid, where he didn't even understand what a car was and was looking at Bulma's underwear. Actual comedic moments for him are few and far between, such as him being afraid of needles or Bulma/Chi-Chi screaming at him. The Saiyan Saga? King Kai added more comedy than Goku did. Majority of the plot was a straight up serious conflict where everyone was worried about alien invaders who were more powerful than anything they'd faced before. Namek? Goku wasn't even there for the majority of it and completely focused on training on the way, after which he was all about his business during the battles with the Ginyu Force and Frieza. In fact, Krillin dying on Namek in front of his eyes is probably why he continued to be serious after when Cell and Buu showed up. You actually had stuff like Goku spitting some real knowledge about how the Super Saiyan transformation worked and being the one to come up with an idea on how to really improve it. He became a teacher for Gohan in the Cell Saga and then for Goten and Trunks in the Buu Saga when it came to Fusion. And, as i've also said before, with Goten and Trunks around the Buu Saga in general is more comedic than the previous ones in Z were, but Goku himself was still mature at various points. And then consider how this series ends. Lighthearted, but with a grown up Goku taking on a new pupil and flying off into the sunset to continue training the next generation. So let's not act like the dude never showed maturity throughout Z in comparison to Super.

Last edited:
I won't be oblivious to Goku's regression in maturity from Z to Super but I feel like the writers are really trying to embody the them of Dragon Ball where Goku is ridiculously naive but able to bring out the good and befriend everyone. On top of that, with Z the earth and was constantly in peril and Goku was constantly the Earth's last chance for survival. He didn't want that burden. He even passed it off to his son but was still dragged back into the fray as a dead man to protect the earth and its inhabitants. That responsibility had him at all times ready to fight and made him serious since the Z fighters were always looking toward him. Even Piccolo and Vegeta, his arch enemies who felt they could rival him at one point were looking to Goku to save them and the others. With Super, Goku has ascended to the point where he's teflon. He's a god, Vegeta is a god. He hangs with god's that are infinitely powerful and can rewind time. He's stress free.

Black is an android like cell. That's why they show him with red eyes through the smoke. He absorbed some of zamasu's powers but since zamasu is immortal he just regenerates. That's why his energy feels the same but different .

Too far fetched?¿?

Was chopping it up with a coworker who's into Dragon Ball as well and he opened my eyes to something...

Gowasu...he's chillin too hard. Something isn't right. The green potara earring that future "Zamasu" and Black has, he has on and present Zamasu never got his hands on em, the time rings nor did Future "Zamasu" die when present Zamasu died.

Ok so Gowasu's ki hasn't been detected. I'm still skeptical too but one thing he mentioned that I need NT to confirm or deny is the tea.

Has present Zamasu ever been shown to drink tea? Because Future "Zamasu" was drinking tea.....

Somebody confirm or deny this for me

I don't think present Zamasu has. He just made it for Gowasu cause he asked for it. 

What's the connection 
nerd.gif

so what? I just took it as in the student has become the master type of thing. 

He went from the servant making tea to the one drinking it 
eyes.gif

Zamasu doesn't drink tea but future "Zamasu" is shown drinking tea....

I think zamasu hasn't been shown drinking tea in the present because of his role as apprentice. Doesn't mean he doesn't drink it, it's just 99.9% of his on screen time was being in service to gowasu.

I figured that zamasu had the earring because he eventually became the supreme Kai, which is what he was in training to do to begin with. Whether he killed future gowasu before or after that is to be determined though. But we do know that giving one earring away does grant Kai abilities like being able to use the time ring.

So you think that Gowasu is future Zamasu pretty much?

I'm starting to think so, or at least some type of connection betweeen the two

so what? I just took it as in the student has become the master type of thing. 
He went from the servant making tea to the one drinking it :rolleyes

I thought of it that way too but the tea drinking with Gowasu so much I wouldn't be surprised if it hinted toward something...

I think zamasu hasn't been shown drinking tea in the present because of his role as apprentice. Doesn't mean he doesn't drink it, it's just 99.9% of his on screen time was being in service to gowasu.

I figured that zamasu had the earring because he eventually became the supreme Kai, which is what he was in training to do to begin with. Whether he killed future gowasu before or after that is to be determined though. But we do know that giving one earring away does grant Kai abilities like being able to use the time ring.

All this had me skeptical as well when analyzing it my head but think about it. Beerus is a god, he knows what he's talking about when he expects future "Zamasu" to be dead once present is killed yet it didn't happen. Combine that with them sensing Zamasu's ki with Black but then no explanation as to why Future "Zamasu" is fighting alongside black. No real explanation as to how Black and Future "Zamasu" got the time ring, we're just left to assume he kills Gowasu and takes it and "Zamasu's" wishes with the super dragon balls are just assumptions from Whis and Beerus, if I'm not mistaken. AND THEN Black seems like the apprentice to Future "Zamasu" when Black is more powerful.

So Zamasu...is in the Goku's body of that timeline. He'd wish for it.

And then Gowasu wishes for immmortality. He'd look younger...maybe like Zamasu.

I don't know it's reachy and I just had a theory yesterday about Zamasu snatching up infant Goku from that timeline but this new theory my coworker proposed combined with key things like the tea and Black constantly mentioning the body that he's in as well as Future "Zamasu" lecturing him on the body...it kinda clicks

Gowasu fused with heart virus goku :nerd:

Zamasu is in heart virus Goku's body and Gowasu is "Future Zamasu"...

Last edited:
Nah b. It's Goten :lol:

I kid.

Black has to be some kind of Kaioshin for him to fully use the time ring. Also, time rings only allows them to go the future not back in the past.

And yea Goku being so dumb in super is annoying. I get they trying to get the old goku back from original DB but every episode? Smh

Nah b. It's Goten
laugh.gif

I kid.

Black has to be some kind of Kaioshin for him to fully use the time ring. Also, time rings only allows them to go the future not back in the past.

And yea Goku being so dumb in super is annoying. I get they trying to get the old goku back from original DB but every episode? Smh
How is it Goten if he was conceived during the 10 days Cell gave the Z Fighters and in the future timeline Goku died before the androids were activated. 

How is it Goten if he was conceived during the 10 days Cell gave the Z Fighters and in the future timeline Goku died before the androids were activated. 

You're asking the wrong person fam. Go back the last page and you'll see the people saying it's goten

Back
Top Bottom