Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

:lol: don’t matter, everyone got they own style for the pose and Vegeta wanna be more like Goku than Goku’s own son. It’s the lamest thing ever when you take a group photo and one of your boys is doing a similar pose to you. Messes up the whole dynamic :lol:
Just talking wild ****

17 pulling on his glove too

But him doing the same thing as Vegeta don’t mess with the precious dynamic of the group shot?

Quit being a lame :lol:

Are they posing? Or is it that just a still shot of them walking? If your moving while being photographed theirs no telling how you may look for each photo.

Just talking wild ****

17 pulling on his glove too

But him doing the same thing as Vegeta don’t mess with the precious dynamic of the group shot?

Quit being a lame :lol:

Vegeta is a herb, just face it. He took what Goku was doing and what Android 17 were doing and tried to make it his own. Vegeta is usually ill with the quotes and poses too. He just got caught slipping in a pivotal pic to represent his universe, no big deal :lol: :lol:

Are they posing? Or is it that just a still shot of them walking? If your moving while being photographed theirs no telling how you may look for each photo.

They seem to be moving forward but they still got caught being swaggy...except for Vegeta’s lame *** :lol:

Roshi, Goku and Piccolo the cleanest ones :nthat:

My first experience with Dragon Ball was around ‘95. There was this video store in Queens that had anime’s and my older cousin was HUGE into Japanese culture and worked there. The Wu had him hooked at the time to where he was obsessed with 5 deadly venom and trying to get me to watch old Kung fu films and anime’s like Ninja Scroll. He kept mentioning this anime called Dragon Ball Z that they were getting copies of at the store and was eager to check it out. The first episode I ever saw was 16,17 and 18 being activated in Gero’s lab and 17 kicking Gero’s head off. At the time I thought it was weird. I didn’t get what was going on at all. The show started coming on the Sci-Fi channel as well with Ronin Warriors around that time which I LOVED but could not get into Dragon Ball at all. It was such an odd show but my cousin was hooked. Around ‘97 we had this old E-machine computer and had moved to Georgia. That same cousin came to visit and put clips of some long blond haired guy with a halo and Goku’s clothes in a ridiculous looking action scene which was from Fusion Reborn. He tells me that’s Goku from Dragon Ball Z and my curiosity peaked. It was all she wrote after that, have been hooked since.

... because it's a good anime. You know people say the same thing about DBZ/Super plot holes and bad writing?

I love dragonball as much as the next guy but I could look past some of it's issues just like MHA and the main character crying is one of them. It's annoying sometimes, but he has some BA moments that makes it up for me.

i'd love to hear of these "plotholes" you're talking about that ppl are complaining about. when ppl say 'plothole', they usually don't know the definition of the word they're using. The #1 complaint of DB is its pacing and having several episodes dedicated to powering-up while waiting for the manga to get ahead so they can animate the next plotline forward.

Only good thing about MHA is it visually looks good.

Right...... like dragonball

I mean yall can hate MHA if you want. Everyone has their taste in anime, but some of the criticism being made can also be made for dragonball Z and Super

U predicted Goku being from an alien race who was supposed to destroy Earth, dying at the beginning of Z? Goku having an evil brother? Piccolo being forced to adopt his enemy's son and training him? Vegeta transitioning to being a good guy? U predicted Freeza's final form being a nude alien trans-looking thing with lipstick? u predicted that he comitted genocide on the Saiyans and enslaved them? U predicted Trunks and Cell's time travelling?

U predicted Goku being unable to defeat Cell? Giving him a Senzu? Cell killing Goku and regenerating post-explosion? U predicted that the stupid little scrub kid who in previous arcs always folded after showing off his flash of potential, would be the one whose kamehameha wiped out Cell? (while the others distracted him). Oh wait when u first saw Android 18 u knew that her cyborg *** was gonna end up with Krillin N that they would have kids... N u were somehow able to predict that an evil being who was born a billion years ago n was destroying everything, was going to be ressurected. U predicted that Gohan was going to end up being the strongest non-fused character at the end of the Buu arc... And u somehow predicted that Hercule is one of the main reasons Kid Buu would get killed (he is, the one who after all convinced the rest of the Earth to donate their energy to the Spirit Bomb). N u predicted Z was going to end with Goku taking in the most evilest demonic villain reborned into a good kid from a poor village as his disciple...?

MHA is a generic shounen, I don't think anyone gets genuinely surprised by anything that happens in that show. It's either all **** that we've seen before, or lackluster soft pussc ****. It's not like MHA built characters like Piccolo or Vegeta where u'r like "it's impossible that these guys can become good." It's not like MHA has a moment like Luffy's brother Ace dying right in front of him... and Ace was built-up to be a very liked character and then he's taken away from all of us like... MHA is not a shocker like Kite getting killed in front of Gon. Iconic moments... MHA does not compare. It aint like Berserk where the dude with the white hair suddenly transforms into some demon **** and kills his entire army that we see him for 23 episodes straight loving to death... n then r _ p ing that girl right in front of Gutts... That's real wild ****. No villain in MHA compares to Piccolo, Freeza, Cell, Black, Zamasu, Buu, Meruem, Illumi, Phantom Troupe... I dont consider Hisoka a villain, but MHA will never have a character as legendary as him. There are no Spike's, no Ging & Mugen's in this show. It's a bunch of watered-down versions of character traits we've seen in the past. This show gotta be for kids that got bullied in high school or some ****

One of the very few things I like about MHA is All-Might and how ridiculous he is in terms of his strength and his animation. The fact that he turns into a scrawny bum when no one is around is low key hilarious. That is a show in itself.

One of the very few things I like about MHA is All-Might and how ridiculous he is in terms of his strength and his animation. The fact that he turns into a scrawny bum when no one is around is low key hilarious. That is a show in itself.

miserable janitor version of peter parker suiting up to be a if-Superman-was-Captain-America (instead of spidey) with the personality of ... i dont even know but it's too positive and unbearable for me. i get the duality but i cant appreciate it

U predicted Goku being from an alien race who was supposed to destroy Earth, dying at the beginning of Z? Goku having an evil brother? Piccolo being forced to adopt his enemy's son and training him? Vegeta transitioning to being a good guy? U predicted Freeza's final form being a nude alien trans-looking thing with lipstick? u predicted that he comitted genocide on the Saiyans and enslaved them? U predicted Trunks and Cell's time travelling?

U predicted Goku being unable to defeat Cell? Giving him a Senzu? Cell killing Goku and regenerating post-explosion? U predicted that the stupid little scrub kid who in previous arcs always folded after showing off his flash of potential, would be the one whose kamehameha wiped out Cell? (while the others distracted him). Oh wait when u first saw Android 18 u knew that her cyborg *** was gonna end up with Krillin N that they would have kids... N u were somehow able to predict that an evil being who was born a billion years ago n was destroying everything, was going to be ressurected. U predicted that Gohan was going to end up being the strongest non-fused character at the end of the Buu arc... And u somehow predicted that Hercule is one of the main reasons Kid Buu would get killed (he is, the one who after all convinced the rest of the Earth to donate their energy to the Spirit Bomb). N u predicted Z was going to end with Goku taking in the most evilest demonic villain reborned into a good kid from a poor village as his disciple...?
You're just listing all of the plot points of the series. Of course none of what you listed was predictable, however the formula they used over and over made it easy to predict the direction of the plot if that makes sense. Goku getting strong enough to take on the saiyan threat was a mystery to you? You didn't see Goku arriving at the nick of time to save Gohan? The spirit bomb failing or Krillin using it was a twist however Goku having to resort to it as his trump card wasn't a shock.
Next arc, Goku gets a ship with a gravity machine and he starts training on his way to save everyone... again. Guess what happens? He shows up at the nick of time to save his son. You're telling me that as son as Goku landed you didn't think we was strong enough to wash the Ginyu Force? They literally used the exact same formula from the previous arc except the replaced KK planet with the gravity ship and Nappa with the Ginyu Force.
Turns out Goku isn't quite strong enough to handle the main antagonist. Sounds familiar, so we get yet another spirit bomb. The twist this time is that he collect energy from other planets. Yet again it was not powerful enough to finish his opponent (you knew Frieza wasn't dead yet). This has been the formula for a few arcs no? Maybe "predictability" is the wrong word. Hindsight the saiyan and freiza arc are very similar imo.

I only brought this point up because people are saying MHA is predicable but than I could use your logic and say things like:
You saw Shigaraki being the grandson of the One For All predecessor?
Or you predicted Hero Killer saving Deku?
Or that Bakugo would win the Sports Festival?
Or that the villains target was Bakugo during their training.

As far as the plot hole thing I'm guilty of using the word incorrectly but here are some issues that I can think of off the top of my head that I thought was goofy. Forgive me if these points have been explained and I just completely missed it.
1. Fat Buu being in a pod even though he was eaten and not absorbed.
2. Goku having to travel back to earth on snake way when everyone else in the series gets wished back where they died.
3. Trunks and Goten are half saiyans also yet they are born without tails.
4. Didn't Raditz say Planet Vegeta was destroyed 3 or 4 years prior to his arrival?....

Random, but have you guys ever looked at a map of dragonballs "earth"?

main-qimg-11049ea23c48907bb9d268ed821825ff

Very interesting, especially how Cells arrival is so close to Buu's pit

Imagine if Cell awakened Buu

Last edited:
my first anime was sailor moon :rofl:

i really like what supersaiyangod supersaiyangod was saying about the progression from watching DB to DBZ with the plot twist and realizations.

in the 90's i saw DBZ first before DB. I actually didnt watch DB until a few years ago so im kinda envious that I didnt get to experience all of those story angles the proper way

i did all this **** backwards :rofl:

Same.

Got hooked on DBZ and never watch DB.

The complete Dragon Ball series has been in my Amazon cart for years now.

Need to finally run through that.

Back
Top Bottom