Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Not feeling it at all. This isn't DragonBall
Toriyama been tired of writing the same **** now he switching it up.

Still kinda wish he took the show in a whole other direction and just followed Trunks. With everybody dead in that future, he could've mixed in other genres.

Or handed things off much early if he bored with martial arts.

Bunch of other stuff he could also go back to like Dragon Boy or some ****.

I dont like how they just wish to be the strongest.. thats wack
It's honestly something I wish Toriyama addressed long ago like right after the Saiyan saga.

Its the easiest cheat, especially on earth. He could've established obvious drawbacks and consequences. Make like one character do that and make it so nobody else ever could. The series kinda hinted at it with the Dead Zone movie when Garlic Jr. became immortal but Toriyama didn't create him or write that.

Its wild cheap seeing Granolah and then Gas just get it.

i was watching some dragon ball super clips earlier and man that series was so bad

almost from start to finish

no original ideas
bad dialogue
old characters are basically a caricature of who they were in Z

GT is leagues better off its originality alone

^The consequence is death isnt it? Wasnt it addressed that the wish would shorten your lifespan?
Yeah.

I'm talking about if this was done earlier in Z.

Also the idea that you can wish to be the new strongest right after somebody else did is a bit ridiculous.

I dont mind it only because i always found it stupid how they keep finding people stronger than Goku and Vegeta anyway. I know this is typical in all shonen manga but at this point there really shouldn’t be anyone stronger. Someone wishing to be stronger with the trade off that they will die because of it is something i can accept. It acknowledges that these two are literally the strongest and you have to make a wish just to beat them.

I dont mind it only because i always found it stupid how they keep finding people stronger than Goku and Vegeta anyway. I know this is typical in all shonen manga but at this point there really shouldn’t be anyone stronger. Someone wishing to be stronger with the trade off that they will die because of it is something i can accept. It acknowledges that these two are literally the strongest and you have to make a wish just to beat them.
Well that's why I actually liked it when Super became a thing and they introduced gods who don't usually interact with humans. Can't even sense their ki.

Then they brought in ppl from other universes, cant sense their ki that far away either (they kinda hoed the Namekians with the other versions being just as weak).

Moro was a little shaky but same premise as Babidi and Buu.

One thing I wonder is why they don't just make the demon realm canon. Its a thing in the games, Heroes, etc. Especially if they didn't want to end up having Goku beat all the gods at this pace.. Is it too obvious?

Real talk though, all that Raditz fan fiction out there they should've brought him back. Especially with the way Toriyama wants to make Bardock and the family so special via retcon.

But **** Goku aint even wish back Grandpa Gohan so cant expect much.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
super was cool but honestly dragonball z shouldnt even be a thing anymore

they do absolutely nothing and theres really no stakes bc everything is predictable

maybe this is the anime snob in me now lol

Toriyama just dialing in for a check. Its not through inspiration. Everything has a run. Our DBZ ended in the 90s. Now it’s about toys, games, apparel, etc.
problem is toriyama doesn’t even really have a choice since he doesn’t necessarily own the rights to dragon ball

that’s all owned by bird studios and shuiesha
at the end of the day, they’re the ones that get to ultimately decide whether or not dragon ball continues in any fashion

the whole reason we got GT was because they wanted the series to continue as they saw it as too big a profit to drop entirely after Z but toriyama was tapped out so they made it without him

despite toriyama’s wanting to stop writing dragon ball, i feel like at this point he’s only doing it so as to see the series doesn’t go in any direction he wouldn’t approve of like it did with GT

Back
Top Bottom