Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Is it subtitles or dubbed

I saw it dubbed.

Watched it this morning.

Surprisingly, there were quite a few folks in the theater (probably more than 30) at 10 am.

Thought the movie was cool. Never been a huge fan of the films. If Toriyama was involved, then it was a good thing. They definitely humanized Broly and have him a lil more backstory.

The old story sort of doesn’t make sense in hindsight.

The fighting was good.

Not trying to spoil it but I didn’t like the one Universal Arc omission.

They should let Toriyama get his hands on Heroes lol. At least influence it. God, it’s terrible.

the movie sucks

fast paced as hell

rather see this in detail in episodes n building it up instead of it just speedint thru it

it really does feel like they cut off an hour of footage or whatever

i like what Toriyama did with Broly's character though

Hopefully the anime executes it much better

the fighting was incredible

im not a fan of this switching from 3D to 2D n back n etc and also I hope they dont stick to this art style. I appreciate the episodes we got from DBS when they started getting their stuff together much more now. DBS Zamasu/Goku Black fights, Goku VS Kefla, those were all much more climatic, suspenseful, and just pure awesome...

even that battle against Almadiza or whatever that creature was called, when the entire Robot Universe fused together, and then 17 finished it off. That was way cooler than this movie.

if the anime could do thie Broly stuff like these 3 aformentioned occasions in DBS... it'd be really sick.

Also, didnt really like the voice acting. From the script to the actual voices

another anime adaption of a movie that just came out? you know damn well the last time they tried that **** it was hot garbage :lol:

last time doesnt count cuz they had no plans for the anime. they made a decision off of the surprise that the movie did so well. they were like oh **** ppl actually still ike dragon ball? lets make the anime RIGHT NOW! hence why it took so long for Super to actually get its stuff straight together. but now, it's not a sudden decision, there's planning, there's time, healthy rotations for the animation teams.

All y’all saying the movie sucked are straight trippin’

Uncultured swine

740CB09E-2FF3-44A2-B56C-8556B35A76E3.jpeg

I mean go down the list and realize we aren’t 8 anymore. Technically all of dB movies suck but the fandom in us fixes it for us.

I ended up grabbing a ticket for an IMAX showing on a whim and walked out pretty much feeling how I expected to outside of how nice the art and from time to time animation were. I knew Shintani would be a welcome change but they did their thing.

Cosign on fam a few posts up saying that the 3D parts were jarring though; the transitions were mad obvious.

Won't even bother harping on the plot because my expectations couldn't be much lower going in and I didn't leave surprised.

Just came back from the movie.

Absolutely enjoyed it. :pimp:

The fight scenes were amazing.

The comedy was on point too.

Frieza after killing Paragus. :lol:

Vegeta with the zesty pose trying to learn fusion:rofl:

"Have fun Frieza." :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Broly wildin trying to fight Whis; Whis giggling while avoiding his attacks.

"Broly call me Kakarot"
wow.png

Interesting in seeing how Broly is incorporated into Super now that he is canon.

He probably gonna be balls deep in dem green yambs for a minute. :pimp:

Woooo movie was torch!!!
Gotta watch it again -- thought it was awesome.
Animation, writing, plot all well done. :pimp:

I mean go down the list and realize we aren’t 8 anymore. Technically all of dB movies suck but the fandom in us fixes it for us.

Straight up, just saw the movie tonight and this is exactly how I feel.

If I turn my blinders on, movie was fire. Great animation, funny scenes, and a humanized antagonist that isnt one-dimensional.

If I take my blinders off, the movie was okay at best with the animation and humor being the only real selling points.

I can focus on the power scaling itself and nothing else as my biggest gripe. I'll grant that Broly was shown to have an extremely high power level from the jump... But knowing what we know about how Saiyan transformations work and keeping in mind the sheer breadth of experience Vegeta and Goku now have... You take a dude that trained with his unremarkable 4-digit power level father on a planet with nothing but bugs and overgrown snake-dogs to compete with and he can match a post-ToP base Vegeta that has trained with and defeated literal Gods? Then again match and exceed a Super Saiyan Vegeta within a minute? Then Super Saiyan God Vegeta within another minute?

To speak nothing of Oozaru Broly making SSG Vegeta sub out just for Goku to go blow for blow with Oozaru Broly with Goku in his base form--The same Broly that was just pressuring Vegeta in SSG...

It just makes no sense. Dude skipped from being pre-destruction Namek Saga strong to being able to body Jiren and Beerus in what spanned maybe 4 in-universe hours. Idk about y'all but I cant just shut my brain off for the logical leaps in Dragon Ball storytelling to make sense anymore.

I thought Revenge of F was trash for this reason and Broly doesn't get a pass either. Why even waste time training Goku and Vegeta when dudes like Frieza and Broly are clearly written to have drastically more potential?

Too often it feels like Toriyama will scrap the continuity whenever it inconveniences him just so he can pitch his narrative and we're supposed to look the other way. Nah

They just need to give my mans Toyotaru the reins at this point; dude has spent the entire DBS manga cleaning up piss poor plot points

Last edited:
Could the movie have used more character development, sure? Barduck, King Kold, Broly...what has changed since the tournament of power, etc.

The fighting was great. There was levity/comedic relief. A retelling of an old 90s tale. It’s new Dragon Ball.

I’m 42 years old. I never thought I’d go to the theater to watch an Anime movie. I did today.

Back
Top Bottom