Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

And the Broly movie ignored the Manga/Anime. Goku could’ve placed our Broly. It really is lazy writing. Just there for the $$$.

This was kinda explained at the end of the top arc. Right before goku and vegeta fight vegeta tell him to go UI and goku say that he “forgot how to do it” (which is dumb I know but not outta character form goku) which is why he sought out training from Meerus in the Moro arc. Besides they needed to give my boy Gogeta screen time, and they did him justice lol

This was kinda explained at the end of the top arc. Right before goku and vegeta fight vegeta tell him to go UI and goku say that he “forgot how to do it” (which is dumb I know but not outta character form goku) which is why he sought out training from Meerus in the Moro arc. Besides they needed to give my boy Gogeta screen time, and they did him justice lol
it’s important to remember that at this point, the anime and manga are completely separate canons

there are too many differences between the two

the events of DBS Broly are canon to the manga story line. That said, even with the anime and manga having different details, the overall plot points are pretty much identical. I dont remember anything in the movie referencing anything exclusive to the manga though so theres no reason why the anime cant also include the events of of the broly movie in its cannon as well. thats assuming the anime ever comes back. Worsst case, they "retell" the events like they did with beerus and reserrection F.

Chapter 42
1633621721205.png

it’s important to remember that at this point, the anime and manga are completely separate canons

there are too many differences between the two

while this is true for most of the movies but the Broly movie was actually stated to be cannon to the manga/anime

the events of DBS Broly are canon to the manga story line. That said, even with the anime and manga having different details, the overall plot points are pretty much identical. I dont remember anything in the movie referencing anything exclusive to the manga though so theres no reason why the anime cant also include the events of of the broly movie in its cannon as well. thats assuming the anime ever comes back. Worsst case, they "retell" the events like they did with beerus and reserrection F.

Chapter 42
1633621721205.png
the movie followed the animes canon and the manga only referenced it bc they had to

the events of the broly movie are never mentioned outside of that single page

the movie followed the animes canon and the manga only referenced it bc they had to

the events of the broly movie are never mentioned outside of that single page

was there anything in the movie explicitly tying it to the anime's version of events?

As far as I can remember it was pretty general when referring to past events. Including anything to do with the tournament of power.

Last edited:
was there anything in the movie explicitly tying it to the anime's version of events?

As far as I can remember it was pretty general when referring to past events. Including anything to do with the tournament of power.
no but it’s not hard to connect the dots

the TOP in the manga hadn’t even finished by the time the movie came out

they were building off the end of the anime

no but it’s not hard to connect the dots

the TOP in the manga hadn’t even finished by the time the movie came out

they were building off the end of the anime

while this is true, toriyama over sees the story line for both the anime and manga even though Toei and Toyotaro are responsible for producing them. Same for the broly story line. its not like the manga story is being created as the the pages are drawn. i think that has more to do with the scheduling than anything. that said, im sure the movie was written to fit in the time lines of both story lines otherwise why even mention it at all, let alone dedicate one page to it in the manga.

on another note, i just remembered that broly movie also made Tarble canon in a throw away line

while this is true, toriyama over sees the story line for both the anime and manga even though Toei and Toyotaro are responsible for producing them. Same for the broly story line. its not like the manga story is being created as the the pages are drawn. i think that has more to do with the scheduling than anything. that said, im sure the movie was written to fit in the time lines of both story lines otherwise why even mention it at all, let alone dedicate one page to it in the manga.

on another note, i just remembered that broly movie also made Tarble canon in a throw away line
manga wasn’t really given a choice in the matter bc the new broly movie was the first to be classified as canon so they couldn’t outright ignore it

it’s also been documented many times that toriyama had way less power w the anime as well especially in the TOP

transformations like destruction toppo and evolved blue vegeta came exclusively from toei and don’t exist in the manga

manga wasn’t really given a choice in the matter bc the new broly movie was the first to be classified as canon so they couldn’t outright ignore it

it’s also been documented many times that toriyama had way less power w the anime as well especially in the TOP

transformations like destruction toppo and evolved blue vegeta came exclusively from toei and don’t exist in the manga

when I say Toriyama oversees the story line, i mean plot points in the general story, not necessarily the details of every specific event. toeis anime follows loosely the storyline but it isnt canon. the events of Broly have been pretty inconsquential to the current story line so establishing the fact that it happened in the manga's story line [as well] was probably intentional. that one page could have been missing and it wouldnt change the story not one bit. i'm sure theres 1000 different reasons as to why they decided to include it, but i just think theres some significance as to why they chose establish it explicitly in the manga, cause they didnt have too. But all cannon means is that its tied to the overarching "official story", whether it was intended to tie in the managa at first or not, luckily theres nothing contradictory to the manga in the broly movie, as far as i remember atleast.

Back
Top Bottom