Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Cannot wait. I’m there.

How do you guys feel about the 3D/CGI?

I preferred the artwork in Broly. It was super stylistic.

Super Hero was competent. Just not the same level of detail.

Cannot wait. I’m there.

the CG animation is *** imo and they only doing it bc it’s cheaper

DBFighterZ look better than the movie
The same lame spirit bomb finish and wacky Master Roshi/Kirin antics from the earlier movies?
the climate of dragon ball was different back then

those techniques were still fresh and everyone wanted to see them again. not to mention all the movies pre-resurrection F were bringing something genuinely new to the table

i’ve said it before but dragon ball is just corporate shill now bc it’ll always make money and shuiesha ain’t interested in whether or not the stories are good so long as they can attach toriyama’s name to it

but bringing back frieza (twice), cell, red ribbon army AGAIN?? awful

there’s so many better ideas dragon ball could be playing with which is why a ride for heroes bc it’s actually different and interesting compared to the current “canon”

The old days of those non-canon DBZ movies always ending with a spirit bomb were torture for me and a main reason for why they didn't matter (forget the fact they weren't canon).

The lack of creativity or the rule that they didn't create anything new for obvious reasons were so limiting. It got to the point I was hoping for movies to happen without Goku.

Now look at what I get.

Cannot wait. I’m there.

From what I did watch it loomed better than I thought it would.

Last edited:
DB Super Broly was such a masterpiece you’d think they would go with the same team for any subsequent films. :smh:

Instead we just got a rehash of Bio-Broly
Facts I be watching broly on the regular

Such a dope movie from start to finish

This movie superhero was like watching a YouTuber stream his walkthrough of the story

just finished watching the sub

was about as weak as i expected :lol:

first line of the movie is literally “do you all remember the red ribbon army?” like yeah we do mf you don’t let us forget :lol:

a lot of cool reanimated flashbacks

pan is cute and likable

even after the TOP gohan still a loser relying on goku and vegeta for any trouble. mf does not learn:smh:

cg animation looks really bad, especially in fight scenes and makes every fight look slow

they gave bulma a lot of *** shots :lol:

piccolo says gamma 1 & 2 are on par with goku and vegeta :sick:

the entire shenron scene is played hilariously convenient even by dragon ball standards

piccolo stupidly allows pans to be kidnapped and tells her to play along all in the name of “awakening” gohan even AFTER acknowledging how strong the gammas are and seeing cell max

as soon as goten and trunks come on screen, piccolo acknowledges how much they’ve grown and they immediately try to rationalize why they’ve been small for so long by having gohan say “saiyans stay small for a long time, then hit a sudden growth spurt” which has literally never been a thing :rofl:

cell max’s design is hideous. doesn’t speak or seem to have any intelligence whatsoever. he just pops out his egg and starts wrecking everything in sight

gamma 2s sacrifice to help beat cell max was pretty cool but a shame he died bc he was def the more likable one of the two

piccolo grows himself like he did in the world tournament vs goku to fight off cell max but only after krillin shows up to remind him that he actually has that power, to which piccolo replies that he forgot he could do that :lol:

orange piccolo actually doesn’t look too bad in motion just the means of him getting it was the wackest power up yet

final gohan could’ve looked good but they just had to give him the most exaggerated, over the top hair possible

gohan shooting the super special beam cannon through cell max’s brain was a cool finisher

once cell max is defeated gohan says that he doesn’t think even goku or vegeta could’ve handled cell max, which is the funniest line spoken in the whole movie

everyone on beerus planet is ofc a non-factor and not even worth mentioning

the movie wasn’t as bad as bio-broly but not that much better either. it just felt like filler or a fan-made project the whole time

an easy skip for theaters unless you’re a diehard

first line of the movie is literally “do you all remember the red ribbon army?” like yeah we do mf you don’t let us forget :lol:

pan is cute and likable

even after the TOP gohan still a loser relying on goku and vegeta for any trouble. mf does not learn:smh:

cg animation looks really bad, especially in fight scenes and makes every fight look slow

the entire shenron scene is played hilariously convenient even by dragon ball standards

piccolo stupidly allows pans to be kidnapped and tells her to play along all in the name of “awakening” gohan even AFTER acknowledging how strong the gammas are and seeing cell max

as soon as goten and trunks come on screen, piccolo acknowledges how much they’ve grown and they immediately try to rationalize why they’ve been small for so long by having gohan say “saiyans stay small for a long time, then hit a sudden growth spurt” which has literally never been a thing :rofl:

cell max’s design is hideous. doesn’t speak or seem to have any intelligence whatsoever. he just pops out his egg and starts wrecking everything in sight

gamma 2s sacrifice to help beat cell max was pretty cool but a shame he died bc he was def the more likable one of the two

piccolo grows himself like he did in the world tournament vs goku to fight off cell max but only after krillin shows up to remind him that he actually has that power, to which piccolo replies that he forgot he could do that :lol:

orange piccolo actually doesn’t look too bad in motion just the means of him getting it was the wackest power up yet

final gohan could’ve looked good but they just had to give him the most exaggerated, over the top hair possible

gohan shooting the super special beam cannon through cell max’s brain was a cool finisher

once cell max is defeated gohan says that he doesn’t think even goku or vegeta could’ve handled cell max, which is the funniest line spoken in the whole movie

the movie wasn’t as bad as bio-broly but not that much better either. it just felt like filler or a fan-made project the whole time

Link?

Remember. If they can pay less to make an animated movie they will.
Compared to a Pixar film, it doesn’t compare in detail or animation. But that’s probably a result of a bigger budget which targets a larger global audience. I felt like the model “textures” weren’t great due to the hair (simple), the clothes and their animation. Also the lightings present in high end video games wasn’t there. I think there’s huge potential with the cameras and the environments and probably easier to draw. But I just don’t see Toei having that type of budget.

The one scene when Piccolo is fighting #2 and the building is falling and the same pipes emerge during its demo was terrible.

pan is cute and likable

Agreed on the animation especially after Broly.

I watched the sub as well.

Piccolo was mad reckless. Can’t believe he’d risk his niece’s life.

Him playing toxic father games with Gohan to bring back his warrior spirit and potential.

And why are we wasting our time on the Gohan has more potential than his father storyline. It was discarded a long time ago. And by that logic, wouldn’t Trunks and Goten have the potential to get stronger. Piccolo could be playing his Reindeer Games with them. They’re literally young Goku and Vegeta.

Piccolo forgetting he can grow and stretch his limbs was ridiculous.

And didn’t Piccolo get unlocked by the elder on Namek?

Vegeta pretty much established Jiren is the strongest warrior in the multiverse. But then we dance around the Moro and the current arc. We literally had an Angel in the galactic police. Jiren is irrelevant.

Toriyama’s designs for the orange Piccolo and Ultra Unlocked Gohan were a lil wack.

At this point, we all have to admit DB is a lil less serious/cool as a Berserk, Demon Slayer, Attack on Titan, etc. This movie is simply fan service.

yeah the current state of the manga clearly doesn’t exist in the movie despite the fact that they already said this takes place after what’s currently going on in the manga

just a lot of weird decisions man

Don’t anyone care for Trunks and Goten lol

I do agree the movie is obviously fan service but it has the callbacks to the ToP. Gohan got his “*** pull” power up which was different than SSJ and Piccolo got his chance to shine and show something after always training/playing babysitter

Finally watch the new movie and all im
Gonna say is I give the new movie a 2/10…. So trash I’m so disappointed with so much, idk where to start but I do know, I’m going back to watch super to get this trash out my memory bank.

A1E58E37-907C-4ACF-A314-2DC92213BE8D.png

Watching now.

It was at least humorous with the spin story that Bulma was the head of some evil secret society consisting of aliens that wanted to enslave humanity.

This was less like a movie and more like an ok filler arc. As a movie its bad and a horrible follow up to Broly especially when they acknowledge the events of Broly, have him in it, and try to act as if everything is canon with the manga.

Last edited:

pan is cute and likable

I can actually understand the whole sayin growth spirt thing as goku was lil af till the very end of dragon ball the he some how shot up. And gohan was the same till about 17-18.

This movie def sounds bad tho. I’m not at all hyped for it. I’m just gunna look up the plot and wiki the new characters and forms lol.

Cell Max should've absorbed Gamma #2 and transformed to make things more interesting (make him talk and like a version of Super Buu when he absorbed Gohan and Gotenks) and really justify a reason for Gohan to transform.

Since when d I androids turn to dust?

Random Cell max monster was so lame

Last edited:
The Cell part makes no sense. No one knew about him. He was birthed in the future and then we had that zany time travel BS.

I just think they were unable to replicate the same technology exactly. It literally seems like they had the Cell appearance but it was literally Shin Godzilla. They wanted a large scale weapon/monster as a contingency. You could tell Dr Hedo wasn’t interested.

Also, it made no sense that Goku/Vegeta wouldn’t have beat Cell Max or the Androids. Maybe Vegeta because we’re not sure if he has UE. And UI has not made an appearance in the movies. We just know there is SSB, Gogeta. But…if Jiren clips were played then we have to assume Goku can do UI. Such a mess. We’re going to get a manga soon which does not discuss these events. Hopefully, the next arc at least has a splash to at least acknowledge it.

I can actually understand the whole sayin growth spirt thing as goku was lil af till the very end of dragon ball the he some how shot up. And gohan was the same till about 17-18.
goku and gohan both aged like normal humans in terms of looks and that was visually shown to us as dragon ball and dbz progressed

Back
Top Bottom