Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

The ROSAT is considered another dimension so when the wish was made it didn’t factor frieza in. As far as broly is concerned, the only real explanation is that at this point in time, goku and vegeta with ultra ego and ultra instinct are stronger than broly who hasn’t learned to tame his power yet.

The interesting question is who was whis talking about? And it’s also interesting that prophecy is popping back up again
Gohan obviously lol

who gonna tell Frieza that he can’t say monkey 😂
0B30B2B0-4556-49A3-86E7-C4551CB67B07.gif

Man, it won’t hit as hard since the voice actor died.

So how did Frieza discover it?
Earth probably isn't the only place where an entrance to that place.

Somebody like Kami had access to it.
And why wouldn’t Goku/Vegeta just go into the room and do the same?
I mean they just learned about Frieza doing it. Maybe they will but those guys are in to always finding different ways of training (weighted clothing, increasing gravity, ki training, etc.) in addition to using the hyperbolic time chamber every other arc even in Super.

Also I can't recall if this was manga canon or just anime or if the rule no longer is a thing but I swear there was a rule that if you spend more than two days in there you will be stuck there forever (even though the dragonballs could fix that problem). Probably got changed when they made a new one.

So how did Frieza discover it?

And why wouldn’t Goku/Vegeta just go into the room and do the same? Ego is the dumbest transformation ever.
There’s probably more than one time chamber.

Also, Frieza swooped in on them at the very end. It’s not like they knew that was what Frieza was doing. I’m sure they’ll up their training in the next saga. Whis gonna get them right 💯

finally saw it, had no problems with the animation

good movie overall, wouldnt have minded another goku-vegeta flick, but it was a nice change of pace with gohan and piccolo, dont think i would put it over broly though

the idea of a giant mindless cell was pretty interesting, but i missed that vegeta cockiness

also, maybe im just a goku fanboy imagining things, but when goku was doing his warmup, it looked like something was off

Earth probably isn't the only place where an entrance to that place.

Somebody like Kami had access to it.

I mean they just learned about Frieza doing it. Maybe they will but those guys are in to always finding different ways of training (weighted clothing, increasing gravity, ki training, etc.) in addition to using the hyperbolic time chamber every other arc even in Super.

Also I can't recall if this was manga canon or just anime or if the rule no longer is a thing but I swear there was a rule that if you spend more than two days in there you will be stuck there forever (even though the dragonballs could fix that problem). Probably got changed when they made a new one.
Yea the first HTC had the 2 day limit. The new one is unlimited

Earths got “upgraded” when Dende became gauardian along with the dragon ball.

I think in super whis opened an entrance to that dimension too. It might have been on the goku black arc

New chapter is out
Is Frieza invited to the cookout now? Does he have permission to say "that word" freely without consequences? :lol:

Man the moment I saw black Frieza I knew this joke was coming 😂😂 this man Frieza really is the embodiment of black Air Force energy

I enjoyed the new movie alot more than I thought I would. The new androids grew on me somewhat and I got to admit they've continued to improve the fighting scenes in every film since this series started.

Cell max still looked goofy as **** but he was vicious as an opponent. Hopefully this is the last time this art style is used

Took my daughter to see it this afternoon. This was the third time seeing it (first time through dubious means shared in this thread).

I have to say. I felt a lil disappointed the first time I saw it. But it’s definitely brown on me. I definitely like all the call backs and humor injected into the movie (RR, Gohan/Piccolo father and son relationship, Cell, Bulma vanity, etc).

It’s actually not a bad kids movie. Probably more geared toward Japanese children more so than western. The crotch and butt shots were probably more “Eastern.” There wasn’t really a moral to the story a la Pixar or Western cartoons (though you could say it’s the idea of the super hero and also the father and son dynamic…but I think that would’ve hit harder if we saw a few flashbacks to younger Gohan/Piccollo). We also got to see more of the Z fighters, which is a plus.

There really wasn’t an issue with the fighting. We got enough of it with Gamma 2/Piccolo, Goku/Vegeta, and the final sequences.

With respects to the new CGI art style. It was a good first attempt. 3D gives the opportunity for better lighting, angles, and effects. You do get to see this on display. But there are definitely some animation and detail issues when compared to standard 2D Anime. The animation wasn’t as buttery smooth and fluid as DBS Broly. And there were definitely some detail issues with hair or clothing.

I really wish we could get more Dragon Ball Anime. Broly took place after the Tournament of Power. And then it’s been strictly manga since. I’d love to see more Broly, “Black” Frieza, “Orange” Piccolo, New Gohan, Granolah, Mieran (sp), etc.

If we're doing this strongest person in the universe thing, then what happens next? Other universes?

If we're doing this strongest person in the universe thing, then what happens next? Other universes?

Well the wish for strongest in the universe only applies to that moment in time and those within the universe (not in the hyper Bolivian time chamber) at the time the wish is made. Meaning that people can still become stronger than those that made that wish after that point in time. Plus whis hints at another strong person existing in the universe

the manga is not canon with the anime at all at this point if they wanna say this new movie is canon

there’s literally nowhere they could squeeze this story in that would make sense

I stopped watching Dragonball after DBZ.

Can I still watch this movie and understand what's going on?
Yes. You’re already familiar with the Piccolo/Gohan dynamic. The Red Ribbon Army is a call back to Dragon Ball and DBZ Android Saga.

Besides the brief Whis/Beerus scenes… Not really. Or Dragon Ball GT with Pan.

Just enjoy the movie for what it is. And if you have the opportunity, watch Dragon Ball Super Broly. It’s also a dope movie. Different art style.

I thought the movie was decent. I can understand the hate if you go in expecting DBS Brody quality. Then again, Broly movie was the best thing DB did since Z IMHO(andddd I loved quite a bit of super)

Back
Top Bottom