Official E3 2012 Thread - What Do You Want to See?

Meh. Adam looked like he was holding back. 
laugh.gif

The wii-u is what we thought it was (Coach Green voice).
People will buy it up during the holidays and it will collect dust and become a paperweight like the wii.

Originally Posted by shogun

The wii-u is what we thought it was (Coach Green voice).
People will buy it up during the holidays and it will collect dust and become a paperweight like the wii.

Paperweight? Lol, you could use that thing as a car jack if you wanted to. That thing is freaking huge. 

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I guess you missed all those Halo 4 videos brah

They are still in the same ballpark and since 1st party Nintendo games look a lot better than they should because of how gifted their art departments are you won't even notice the difference. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 look better than 80% of Xbox 360 games.  

Now did you see Starwars 1313? That's what a real next-gen game looks like. I can run that on my PC now though, won't have to wait for "next-gen consoles".
BTW, I have a 360 and Wii so I'm not biased. I guess I'm just a little bored with 360 when I see how outdated it is every time I play a pc game. Skyrim on 360 looks like an OG Xbox game compared to when I play it on a pc. Maybe that's why I'm drawn to Nintendo consoles; they give me different game experiences that I can't get anywhere else. No point in buying a console just to play watered down, graphically dumbed down PC ports. 
Until the ZombiU gets an extended demo we'll see if it comes close to Halo 4. 
-Starwars 1313 was running on a $1000 graphics card. When I buy that game, I will be playing it on a $400 console. I can wait 

-Console gaming is what it is. I find it funny that youre now using PC gaming to discredit the Xbox. 

-Nintendo's presser was crap 
i know really. Now he's bringing in PC gaming into the equation. of course it looks better on a pc, but if your willing to shell out $1000 + and have to upgrade your computer every 2 years mroe power to you.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They are still in the same ballpark and since 1st party Nintendo games look a lot better than they should because of how gifted their art departments are you won't even notice the difference. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 look better than 80% of Xbox 360 games.  

Now did you see Starwars 1313? That's what a real next-gen game looks like. I can run that on my PC now though, won't have to wait for "next-gen consoles".
BTW, I have a 360 and Wii so I'm not biased. I guess I'm just a little bored with 360 when I see how outdated it is every time I play a pc game. Skyrim on 360 looks like an OG Xbox game compared to when I play it on a pc. Maybe that's why I'm drawn to Nintendo consoles; they give me different game experiences that I can't get anywhere else. No point in buying a console just to play watered down, graphically dumbed down PC ports. 
-Starwars 1313 was running on a $1000 graphics card. When I buy that game, I will be playing it on a $400 console. I can wait 

-Console gaming is what it is. I find it funny that youre now using PC gaming to discredit the Xbox. 

The PC CAN be used to discredit the Xbox because it shows the xbox is really outdated hardware wise. It can play the game just not as good as it should able to.  The PC version uses best textures and models so if you use that as the base then you cans see the consoles are lagging behind if not holding games back.

that was underwelming.... But i'm very intrigued by the Asymetric gameplay Idea. Depending on Launch price I will definitely pick up the WiiU

ZombiU looks legit though.

A little better graphically than XBOX you say? lol

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

f85354aee8b5f5189cc9600d12d3439e715a280.png

Originally Posted by blakep267

i know really. Now he's bringing in PC gaming into the equation. of course it looks better on a pc, but if your willing to shell out $1000 + and have to upgrade your computer every 2 years mroe power to you.

I'm not trying to discredit Xbox. I have had a Xbox since the beginning, I just didn't see anything to be excited over. What I said still stands. To each their own though. Enjoy. 

Nintendo consoles provides me with good quality games I can't find anywhere else. That's why I will always be a fan. 360 was good when it first came out because it was a real alternate to pc gaming. You could actually play high def games on consoles. It was cool and that's why a lot of people bought one. Now I can put together a $500 PC and have run the best games at the highest settings. 

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

The PC CAN be used to discredit the Xbox because it shows the xbox is really outdated hardware wise. It can play the game just not as good as it should able to.  The PC version uses best textures and models so if you use that as the base then you cans see the consoles are lagging behind if not holding games back.
It's always been the case, since forever. Yet people still buy their consoles because it fits their needs just fine. There's no point in comparing a PC system to a console when they satisfy two completely different markets. Same reason you wouldn't compare a Lambo to a BMW

Then wouldnt the PC be able to also discredit the Wii U, which hasnt even come out yet?

actually if anything, consoles are saving games. because nobody is going to shell out the major money for a gaming PC. thats the compromise you make. You pay less for a less prettier version of the game. The gameplay is the same, just doesnt look as good. Thats like saying Toyota is holding cars back because we all see what ferrari's can really do for cars
edit: K2 stole my thunder

actually if anything, consoles are saving games. because nobody is going to shell out the major money for a gaming PC. thats the compromise you make. You pay less for a less prettier version of the game. The gameplay is the same, just doesnt look as good. Thats like saying Toyota is holding cars back because we all see what ferrari's can really do for cars
You don't need a lot of money to put together a high end pc. Did you read that somewhere on the internet? 

Gameplay is the same? There's mods for PC games. Mods extend a games life infinitely. You can make a game play anyway you want through mods. You can improve the graphically quality.Fan made expansions. ANYTHING.
 I need to finally get a PS3 though for those exclusives though 
laugh.gif

The Last of Us, Halo 4, Beyond, and Watch Dogs were the highlights.

Everything else was meh. Too many sequels.

30t6p3b.gif
PC gaming had nothing to do with the argument, that's why I said I find it funny. You can't trash Xbox graphics and then defend the WiiU as a next gen console at the same time. 
Xbox is 6 and a half years old. Most console only last around 5. If there was a 720 out there the graphic argument wouldn't be that big an issue. And once again, PC gaming is damn expensive. PC gamers seem to forget this whenever they talk about how much better the graphics are. And all the other side hassles that come with PC gaming, hello Origin, hello @+%!@$ up drivers, hello new Intel chipset, hello hackers in every single multiplayer game. 

I'm not trying to discredit Xbox. I have had a Xbox since the beginning, I just didn't see anything to be excited over. What I said still stands. To each their own though. Enjoy. 

Nintendo consoles provides me with good quality games I can't find anywhere else. That's why I will always be a fan. 360 was good when it first came out because it was a real alternate to pc gaming. You could actually play high def games on consoles. It was cool and that's why a lot of people bought one. Now I can put together a $500 PC and have run the best games at the highest settings. 

Are you serious right now? To each their own, but are you like 10 years old or something and play Wii Sports like it's the next best thing still? I gave up on the Wii after Red Steel or whatever that game was. Absolutely horrible.. the Wii was a good concept but I only liked it for Brawl (which didn't even use the motion sensor really) and Wii Sports. That's it.

The games were crap and Nintendo will never be taken seriously by me unless it's for Pokemon on their mobile systems. They don't focus on graphics or gameplay, they focus on making things cutesie for their little kid players and families. I can't even take someone seriously if they say they play video games and their favorite console is the Wii. And I grew up playing Nintendo!

( All information above is my own opinion )

This shouldn't even be in debate.

Having a gaming PC is like having an Xbox that gets a couple hundred dollar vamp up every year, so you better have the best of everything. Graphics, gameplay, etc.

A 6 1/2 year old Xbox 360 >> A 6 1/2 year old NON-UPDATED PC.
grin.gif

You don't need a lot of money to put together a high end pc. Did you read that somewhere on the internet? 

Gameplay is the same? There's mods for PC games. Mods extend a games life infinitely. You can make a game play anyway you want through mods. You can improve the graphically quality.Fan made expansions. ANYTHING.
 I need to finally get a PS3 though for those exclusives though 
laugh.gif

dude, your not gonna play Star wars 1313 or crysis 3 for 400 dollars. You know that. And now your bringing in mods. The gameplay out f the box for skyrim is the same on pc's and consoles.

Zelda for thebwii and tatsunoko was good but lack of a legit mp experience is what pushed me away from the wii

Originally Posted by spizike231

Are you serious right now? To each their own, but are you like 10 years old or something and play Wii Sports like it's the next best thing still? I gave up on the Wii after Red Steel or whatever that game was. Absolutely horrible.. the Wii was a good concept but I only liked it for Brawl (which didn't even use the motion sensor really) and Wii Sports. That's it.

The games were crap and Nintendo will never be taken seriously by me unless it's for Pokemon on their mobile systems. They don't focus on graphics or gameplay, they focus on making things cutesie for their little kid players and families. I can't even take someone seriously if they say they play video games and their favorite console is the Wii. And I grew up playing Nintendo!

( All information above is my own opinion )
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are 2 of the highest rated games of all time. Zelda, I heard was a pretty good game. Metroid Prime series is another classic series. 2 RPGs that are hailed as one of the best JRPGS of the past 5 years, Xenoblade and The Last Story. Donkey Kong is cool. Pokemon games get burn from time to time. 

I don't know, I like to play quality games I guess. To each their own. 

Back
Top Bottom