OFFICIAL FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013-2014 Season

Yes my league it's H2H. I'm in the process of sending out invites, so leave your email!

Thoughts of Anthony Davis this year?

Injury prone I know, but he's killing. 
sick.gif

KD or Durant at 1 would be a tough pick. KD more blocks and 3s, and way better FT percentage.
Bron higher FG %, a bit more boards and assists.

I would prob. go KD though because the FT% would help balance out.

Thoughts of Anthony Davis this year?

Injury prone I know, but he's killing. 
sick.gif
ive seen him go in the first round. if he drops to the 2nd round im scooping him up. expecting a huge year for him. 18/9/2blks/1stl is not out of his range

Noticing in a lot of mock draft that Steph Curry is getting snatched around pick 3 - 5. I can see why though, as long as those ankles keep holding up, he's solid all around. Doesn't hurt to also have 2 - 3 3pts a night.

I found a top ten fantasy ranking list for each position composed by Rick Kamla that you should definitely use to guide you during your draft:

Point Guards
10) Damian Lillard
9) Jrue Holiday
8) Kemba Walker
7) Tony Parker
6) Mike Conley
5) Deron Williams
4) Derrick Rose
3) Kyrie Irving
2) Chris Paul
1) Stephan Curry

Shooting Guards
10) Joe Johnson
9) Klay Thompson
8) Wesley Matthews
7) Dwayne Wade
6) Kobe Bryant
5) Andre Iguadala
4) OJ Mayo
3) JR Smith
2) Monta Ellis
1) James Harden

Small Forwards
10) Paul Pierce
9) Kawhi Leonard
8) Jeff Green
7) Rudy Gay
6) Nicholas Batum
5) Josh Smith
4) Carmelo Anthony
3) Paul George
2) Kevin Durant
1) Lebron James

Power Forwards
10) Dirk Nowitzki
9) Greg Manroe
8) Paul Milsap
7) David Lee
6) Tim Duncan
5) Lamarcus Aldridge
4) Blake Griffin
3) Serge Ibaka
2) Anthony Davis
1) Kevin Love

Centers
10) Chris Bosh
9) Andre Drummond
8) Joakim Noah
7) Demarcus Cousins
6) Roy Hibbert
5) Al Jefferson
4) Brook Lopez
3) Al Horford
2) Marc Gasol
1) Dwight Howard

On top of these lists you should use this list of Kamla's fantasy sleepers:

-Eric Bledsoe
-Derrick Favors
-Jimmy Butler
-Jonas Valanciunas
-Javale Mcgee
-Nikola Vucevic
-Enes Kanter
-Victor Olidipo
-Cody Zeller

If you wanna hear Kamla's explanations for each pick, go here and check out his videos: http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2013/10/18/20131010-fantasy10-pg.nba/

Is there a list of all the starting 5 for each team? I know it may not be definite as of right now, but it'd be definitely helpful...:nerd:

Which positions do you guys normally grab first? I'm having trouble deciding...I'm doing mock drafts :lol:.

From my experience, shooting guards and small forwards are the most useless positions to pick. Your team should comprise of 5 high quality point guards, 6 big men and fill the last four spots with shooting guards and small forwards that can score a decent amount of points and threes. Make sure most of your picks from rounds 1-7 are quality point guards and big men though.

From my experience, shooting guards and small forwards are the most useless positions to pick. Your team should comprise of 5 high quality point guards, 6 big men and fill the last four spots with shooting guards and small forwards that can score a decent amount of points and threes. Make sure most of your picks from rounds 1-7 are quality point guards and big men though.
completely disagree. i go for quality sg/sfs first. sg's and sfs can get you ast and reb. pgs cannot get rebs, c's cannot get ast. i like to have 8-10 sg/sf/pfs on my team and 1-2pgs and 1-2 c's only. pgs and c's are EASILY picked up through out the season. pgs overwhelm your team with TO's and bad fg, c's do not score enough and usually drags down FT

I would draft PF/C/PG first even though the PF position is really stacked.

I don't bother in getting SG/SF early outside of Curry, Harden, Melo, George, KD, and Bron.

I'm not risking a second round pick on D-Wade who might not even play 30+ minutes a night.

completely disagree. i go for quality sg/sfs first. sg's and sfs can get you ast and reb. pgs cannot get rebs, c's cannot get ast. i like to have 8-10 sg/sf/pfs on my team and 1-2pgs and 1-2 c's only. pgs and c's are EASILY picked up through out the season. pgs overwhelm your team with TO's and bad fg, c's do not score enough and usually drags down FT

Steals, assists, blocks and rebounds are the hardest categories to win. These stats can all be won if you draft quality point guards and big men. Points will come depending on which point guards and big men you draft. Turnovers, ft% and fg% are all pretty unpredictable.

Steals, assists, blocks and rebounds are the hardest categories to win. These stats can all be won if you draft quality point guards and big men. Points will come depending on which point guards and big men you draft. Turnovers, ft% and fg% are all pretty unpredictable.
that is true but there is no way you can get 5 quality pgs on your team and start them all. if you look at the list you posted, there are only about 7 QUALITY pgs to choose from in the league and there is NO WAY you can end up with more than 3 of them. if you look at the sg/sf lists, the quality of these players drops down significantly after top 7 so you have to secure the best wings since they fill up the stat sheet nightly. if you draft a guy like rose or parker in rounds 1-3, you can easily have the same stats from a guy like ramon sessions/mo williams/jameer nelson/raymond felton in rds 9-12 if you really want assists. the depth of the pg position is too deep to waste an early pick on unless you're getting CP3 or curry

bigs can definitely be replaced as well deeper in the draft with guys like robin lopez/sam dalembert/jonas v/kanter/ andy v/hawes/splitter

i understand the BIGS/PG's logic when it comes to fantasy and have seen many of my friends try to use it to win leagues but it never works. i definitely would not run and grab pgs or bigs in the beginning because you will be stuck with terrible sg/sfs later in the draft

that is true but there is no way you can get 5 quality pgs on your team and start them all. if you look at the list you posted, there are only about 7 QUALITY pgs to choose from in the league and there is NO WAY you can end up with more than 3 of them. if you look at the sg/sf lists, the quality of these players drops down significantly after top 7 so you have to secure the best wings since they fill up the stat sheet nightly. if you draft a guy like rose or parker in rounds 1-3, you can easily have the same stats from a guy like ramon sessions/mo williams/jameer nelson/raymond felton in rds 9-12 if you really want assists. the depth of the pg position is too deep to waste an early pick on unless you're getting CP3 or curry

bigs can definitely be replaced as well deeper in the draft with guys like robin lopez/sam dalembert/jonas v/kanter/ andy v/hawes/splitter

i understand the BIGS/PG's logic when it comes to fantasy and have seen many of my friends try to use it to win leagues but it never works. i definitely would not run and grab pgs or bigs in the beginning because you will be stuck with terrible sg/sfs later in the draft

The thing is you dont need quality sg's/sf/s. As long you draft serviceable ones later in the draft you should be good. There's a lot of sleepers like Tobias Harris, Marcus Thornton, Jared Dudley that you can pick up later in the draft to compliment your core of good point guards and big men.

You said you draft 1-2 pg's and 1-2 c's. With that many players at those positions your likely to lose in assists, steals, rebounds and blocks, true?

The thing is you dont need quality sg's/sf/s. As long you draft serviceable ones later in the draft you should be good. There's a lot of sleepers like Tobias Harris, Marcus Thornton, Jared Dudley that you can pick up later in the draft to compliment your core of good point guards and big men.

You said you draft 1-2 pg's and 1-2 c's. With that many players at those positions your likely to lose in assists, steals, rebounds and blocks, true?
nope because i would be drafting sg/sf/pfs that avg 4-5 reb/3-4 ast that would make up for the lack of bigs/pgs. steals and blocks are those random categories that you think you can draft to win but you will never win 100% of the time but i always go for sg/sfs that average about 0.8+ stls/blks per game so it evens out. guys like evan turner/iggy/deng/leonard/johnson are more valuable to me than a joakim noah or deron williams. i feel like if you draft a lot of pgs you will definitely win ast but you will definitely lose TO's. and if you draft a lot of bigs for blocks you will definitely lose FT's/pts

this is only my philosophy for FBB and you are absolutely allowed to have your own opinion/strategy but i feel like it has always brought me closer to winning than any other strategy that i've seen used (will definitely  be using for all of my money leagues as well)

nope because i would be drafting sg/sf/pfs that avg 4-5 reb/3-4 ast that would make up for the lack of bigs/pgs. steals and blocks are those random categories that you think you can draft to win but you will never win 100% of the time but i always go for sg/sfs that average about 0.8+ stls/blks per game so it evens out. guys like evan turner/iggy/deng/leonard/johnson are more valuable to me than a joakim noah or deron williams. i feel like if you draft a lot of pgs you will definitely win ast but you will definitely lose TO's. and if you draft a lot of bigs for blocks you will definitely lose FT's/pts

this is only my philosophy for FBB and you are absolutely allowed to have your own opinion/strategy but i feel like it has always brought me closer to winning than any other strategy that i've seen used (will definitely  be using for all of my money leagues as well)

I can respect that. Make sure to post your roster after your draft.

definitely will post after my draft. i love analyzing player stats and progressions throughout the season. will definitely post hot pickups/player news throughout the season

View media item 624341
Got offered a trade: Tim Duncan for Serge Ibaka.

Team is OKAY. Lacking in assists lol. And I panic picked a couple of players (Booz, J.R.)

Dunno why I picked up Asik either lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom