Official Fat Trel Thread Vol. April Fools Mixtape is out - DL inside

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Champagne Wishes been on repeat for the last week.
New%20Jersey%20Drive%20DVD.jpg

I don't #++@ with Writer... he better not have @$%@*% up my guys track that's for damn sure

Beat was hard though, looking forward to April Fools
pimp.gif

I don't #++@ with Writer... he better not have @$%@*% up my guys track that's for damn sure

Beat was hard though, looking forward to April Fools
pimp.gif

yooooooo this N_ .. a beast forreal that respect wit the tech & that jr writer joint sounds OD

and oh my bday is on april 1st i'll be looking forward for this mixtape

yooooooo this N_ .. a beast forreal that respect wit the tech & that jr writer joint sounds OD

and oh my bday is on april 1st i'll be looking forward for this mixtape

He parted ways with Board Administration. Wonder where this leaves him with Wale.

Good thing for Trel is that his movement is so strong he really don't even need an artist co-sign at this point.

He parted ways with Board Administration. Wonder where this leaves him with Wale.

Good thing for Trel is that his movement is so strong he really don't even need an artist co-sign at this point.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

eek.gif
...I watched an old Trel interview where he said Rick Ross was his favorite rapper - I thought for sure he was really bout to stick w/Wale now.

eek.gif
...I watched an old Trel interview where he said Rick Ross was his favorite rapper - I thought for sure he was really bout to stick w/Wale now.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

eek.gif

I
eek.gif
'd @ the thought of him on Justus League beats

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

eek.gif

I
eek.gif
'd @ the thought of him on Justus League beats

[h1]Why Fat Trel and The Board Administration Parted Ways[/h1]
Posted by Marcus J. Moore on Mar. 29, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Just three days before the release of his April Fools mixtape, D.C. rapper Fat Trel found out this afternoon that he's been dropped by the local Board Administration imprint.

But according to Fat Trel's manager,Dakari Dudley, that's probably for the best. "In the last seven months, the Board Administration has done nothing for us," Dudley tells Arts Desk. "There really hasn't been anything done."

Earlier today, WKYS-FM first reported the split between Fat Trel and the Board. Dudley says Fat Trel found out about the split through media.

The record label, which put out Trel's well-received No Secrets mixtape last year, released a cryptic statement, saying it had intended to position the rapper  as D.C.'s "next big thing." However, the label did not collaborate with Fat Trel on his new mixtape. "We wish him well in all professional endeavors and hope his new effort is a noteworthy follow-up to No Secrets," the statement says.

The Board Administration could not be reached for comment.

According to Dudley, the tension between Fat Trel and the Board comes down to a contract dispute:  The label didn't want Fat Trel's current management team—The Bassheads—to work with the artist. Even though Fat Trel worked under the Board Administration's banner, the rapper never signed a contract with the label, Dudley says.

Wale is part owner of the Board Administration label. However, Dudley insists there is no beef between Fat Trel and Wale. "This has nothing to do with Wale," Dudley says. "He's done a lot for us."

[h1]Why Fat Trel and The Board Administration Parted Ways[/h1]
Posted by Marcus J. Moore on Mar. 29, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Just three days before the release of his April Fools mixtape, D.C. rapper Fat Trel found out this afternoon that he's been dropped by the local Board Administration imprint.

But according to Fat Trel's manager,Dakari Dudley, that's probably for the best. "In the last seven months, the Board Administration has done nothing for us," Dudley tells Arts Desk. "There really hasn't been anything done."

Earlier today, WKYS-FM first reported the split between Fat Trel and the Board. Dudley says Fat Trel found out about the split through media.

The record label, which put out Trel's well-received No Secrets mixtape last year, released a cryptic statement, saying it had intended to position the rapper  as D.C.'s "next big thing." However, the label did not collaborate with Fat Trel on his new mixtape. "We wish him well in all professional endeavors and hope his new effort is a noteworthy follow-up to No Secrets," the statement says.

The Board Administration could not be reached for comment.

According to Dudley, the tension between Fat Trel and the Board comes down to a contract dispute:  The label didn't want Fat Trel's current management team—The Bassheads—to work with the artist. Even though Fat Trel worked under the Board Administration's banner, the rapper never signed a contract with the label, Dudley says.

Wale is part owner of the Board Administration label. However, Dudley insists there is no beef between Fat Trel and Wale. "This has nothing to do with Wale," Dudley says. "He's done a lot for us."

Back
Top Bottom