Official FIFA Soccer 14 Thread

So fed up with this **** game son. Defenders DON'T EVEN HUSTLE ON COUNTERS. MY STRIKER HAS A 92 SPEED BUT EVRA OUTRUNS HIM ONE ON ONE. KEEPER DELAYED REACTION TO SHOTS THAT ARE RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME PISS ME OFF. I Cross, my players looks at the ball, doesn't run to, it goes out of bounds. WHAT KIND OF **** PRODUCT IS THIS?
/rant
Google Fifa scripting my friend. This game decides which player will win before kick off. Its either your team or his. One game you will be invincible and think you're the best FIFA player, the next your team will play like ishh and cant even do simple passes or finish a one on one against the keeper. EA denies it but please tell me it aint true when you shoot 10+ shots on goal and still lose 2-1 to a guy who shoots 2-3 on you. I've played FIFA consistently since 10 and until recently its BS like this that have me playing less and ruins the fun. I dont wanna say im nice at the game but from experience I know that sometimes I dont even have control of my team at times. I think this year has been the most exploited FIFA to date. LB+Y/L1+Triangle is overpowered. Its like throwing a Hail Mary in Madden and the receiver gets the pass everytime, its not even real. Crosses are also OP, its like throwing up an alley oop to Nate Robinson and he will cram out on Dwight Howard. Thats how fake and stupid FIFA 14 is. Every player can do LB+Y/L1 Triangle pass perfectly cross field to an attacker and every 5'8" player can outjump a 6'0" defender.

Anybody have this problem. You score the other player just uses L1 then X and waits a bit then L1 triangle and and he's just waiting there to tap it in I can't figure out how to beat that. Also can't f I figure out how to defend when my opponent send everybody upfield it gets so annoying when I have three defender's on me
You talking about after you score right? Then the player kicks off and sends his player all the way through your defense and lobs it over your entire team then goes one on one against your keeper? If it is its called the "kick-off" glitch.

If he does this what you wanna do is immediately choose your CB (defender) and just push him all the way back to try to defend it. Another strategy I use when people do it is spam the Offside Trap right when he kicks off. I believe you press up on the D-pad and then press up again to do Offsides trap. Just keep pressing it and the guy he sends will be offsides when he L1+Triangle passes it.

Last edited:
pretty corny of EA if that's true.......hate that "everybody is a winner" attitude ...let a bum be a bum 

Anybody have this problem. You score the other player just uses L1 then X and waits a bit then L1 triangle and and he's just waiting there to tap it in I can't figure out how to beat that. Also can't f I figure out how to defend when my opponent send everybody upfield it gets so annoying when I have three defender's on me

I like to switch to one of midfielders(using the right analog since its quicker) run back and use the little player map to keep up with the opponent

I like to switch to one of midfielders(using the right analog since its quicker) run back and use the little player map to keep up with the opponent
I'll try that to biggest annoyance I've had in this game that and when his entire squad is upfield hate it

I'll try that to biggest annoyance I've had in this game that and when his entire squad is upfield hate it

I do the same as juicyju. That map is real useful in those cases. I'm not fast enough with the buttons to call an offsides trap so as soon as I see dude taking off I'll try to run into him to throw him off.

The scripting is real, but it doesn't decide who wins it just provides an advantage to one of the players where their team would play like they are on seteroids. Defenders intercepting every pass, forwards scoring from all directions with minimal effort the person controlling them etc. It's absolute foolishness. The best fifa games in previous years have to be 10 and 11. Everything else has been meh. I remember dominating a game and was leading 1-0. My opponents keeper was stoping every shot. All of a sudden he breaks free and pushes off two defenders and scores an equalising goal within the 85th minute. Well I go at him take a shot and it hits the cross bar and his goalie picks it up. He brings the ball up field during stoppage time and takes a wild shot which hits Daniel Agger and the ball goes behind for a corner. He takes the corner and scores. :stoneface: So he scores two goals within 5 minutes and change, after I dominated the game with way more shots, possesion and tackles.

Last edited:
Bro I'm so heated from a Seasons match this morning. I'm Man U, playing PSG. I'm down 3-1. 10 minutes left. I score with Rooney, then counter and scored a header with Carrick in the 92nd minute. Tell me why this clown kicks as far as he can, Zlatan pops out of nowhere and wins the battle with De Gea, who I didn't tell to come out of goal. This was over 3 defenders :stoneface: Worst way to lose. Controller went flying. It's still somewhere in pieces in my room.

It's unfortunate that instead of this game being a football simulation, it's just a video game at times. As stupid as it sounds, I look at times where there is excessive scripting as a boss battle :lol:

Like against a boss in a platformer u gotta summon a little extra effort and focus, u gotta do the same in the 45th/90th min and after kick offs.

I still think people blame too many of their Ls on scripting. Like to say it decides who wins before kick off is ridiculous. And maybe the whole sometimes ur a god sometimes u can't do **** argument would have bearing if you were running multiple matches against the same person with the same teams. But sometimes you just run into beast players who are gunna shut you down and give you the biz. And sometimes you run into wack players.

I looked up Madden scripting because of this thread and they say it exist there too. In Madden's case it would be the fumbles or clipping on a return, especially late in the game. Not sure if scripting has ever worked for me because I can tell the guys I usually beat are just bad.

I still think people blame too many of their Ls on scripting. Like to say it decides who wins before kick off is ridiculous. And maybe the whole sometimes ur a god sometimes u can't do **** argument would have bearing if you were running multiple matches against the same person with the same teams. But sometimes you just run into beast players who are gunna shut you down and give you the biz. And sometimes you run into wack players.
I agree. However, they need to get rid of the scripts all together

The point is, im trying super hard to beat the script and still get effed over by the script. Im fighting the game engine/AI and the person playing me. If i get wrecked in FIFA legitimately I give em props and keep it moving.

I lose a majority of my games to heavy scripting or exploiters. I dont want to keep going on forever about it, but there are situations where you are absolutely screwed unless you try super hard to beat it. Scripting just isnt goals, it disrupts passes, player movements, shots, auto tackles, player reactions, player positions and a few more minor things. Over 1000+ games (I was unemployed for a few months :lol:) played this year in Seasons, Co-Op, FUT and Pro Clubs its pretty easy to see when scripting kicks in. The thing is, it shouldn't be in the game in the first place. If its not supposed to, EA should fix it instead of denying it even exists and banning people who discuss it on their forums. Scripting is beatable, but its not fun trying super hard sweating to get the win. Reason why I stopped playing online and only play my boys or career mode.

I just played and he used Steven gerrad to shoot from midfield and made it easy stuff my goal keeper could block but didn't . What the eff

3 goals in the 90th minute. My opponent gets a header :stoneface: , I score(benz makes a nice run and I back heal it back to ramires for a smooth goal),
... opponent run downs and crosses it again. This time right to my keeper on his line. This bum knocks it right into the ****** goal >:

The only thing that really annoys me is playing in the rain/bad weather. Played in the snow for the first time the other day and couldn't even see the ball.

Night games and clear skies >>>

I actually don't mind playing in rain. I play a slow paced possession game, so it actually works for me.
Haven't played this garbage in months though

3 goals in the 90th minute. My opponent gets a header :stoneface: , I score(benz makes a nice run and I back heal it back to ramires for a smooth goal),
... opponent run downs and crosses it again. This time right to my keeper on his line. This bum knocks it right into the ****** goal >:
Bro I had something like that happen to me yesterday. De Gea was cradling the ball and Nani fell over him, knocking the ball into the net for an own goal :rofl: :stoneface: that almost have me an L

Jus beat a dude on WC UT 3-2

His forwards were Neymar LM. Falcao CAM. Suarez ST. Aguero other CAM. Ronaldo RM. And he had Messi in the midfield. Litterally every highest rating player in the game. Dat 60 chem cost his *** doe. Lol beat him with one of my creations. Half colombian quarter argentine quarter brazilian squad.

Cuadrado was flexin on him :pimp:

Last edited:
I just played and he used Steven gerrad to shoot from midfield and made it easy stuff my goal keeper could block but didn't . What the eff
Stevie G has a leg on this game. Must of caught your keeper out of position. Ive hit 30-40 yard screamers with him :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom