***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

Thumbs up!  

I was really surprised at how good the grey/blk-blue colorway came out. I'm going back tomorrow but still can't decide between those and the Hampton colorway. I'm only hesitant because I don't know how long the white patent leather will last before they yellow.

Wonder why they did that. If i knew anything about painting shoes id get a pair and color the midsole darker

It's not so bad in person NK - and they are literally blowing away the shoe. For less than $30 I think the slight difference in colour is livable.

I tried on a pair and I just found that it didn't look so hot on my feet vs. the shelf. This was when they were listed for $70 CAD at my local spot.

the midsole isnt pink at all, otherwise i wouldnt have kept em.

so whats the word on this one? i dont recall this release. sucks theyre still $99

Now if they could only bring back the OG FX 100 back in these two original colorway's I'd be happy (missed out on the purple colorway the first retro release from Packer)

. I went hard in those in 92/93.
Yeah man, a ton of kids at my school had these back then. I think mine were white/black-red 8)

Well, just settled on the Hampton Fila 96 since they're $21 taxed and all. Can't go wrong for that price! I'm supposed to get a text/e-mail when I'm able to pick them up

Thank you for the head's up on the Sears sale... copped a pair of the Hamptons and the Phoenix Suns colorways, and a second pair of the Reds. My first pair of Reds are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned, so they aren't as fresh as they were when I first got em. For ~$20, I'm happy to have one clean pair and one to kick around in. These will be joining the other pair I have, the King Pack (gray and blue), as well as their Fila 95 brethren, the King Pack and OG colorways.

On a side note, I owned a pair of original Grant Hill's in 95 or 96, in a rare colorway- black with light-ish blue accents. Bought them new, and haven't seen a pair since. Would love another pair.

Like these:

Also, stumbled across these while searching for 96's, and REALLY want a pair. I think these were retro's from around '06. If anyone has or knows someone who has a pair in 13, let me know!!

^^

^^

Both of those would have been an instant purchase from me had they released. Love the different color blocking and use of material.

Had to pick up the sz12 at my local Sears since it was the last one this size. They sold a lot of pairs since I was last in there and the crazy part is that the Hampton colorway sold the best out of all of them. I swore the red suede joints would sell out first, surprised me.  Anyway, what a STEAL for under $50 

I guess Sears is out of the Reds in 13... got a cancellation notice for them. Oh well, Hamptons and Suns still on their way!

I guess Sears is out of the Reds in 13... got a cancellation notice for them. Oh well, Hamptons and Suns still on their way!
Was this for the "in store pick up"?  They should be able to ship a pair from out of area/state Sears stores. 

All the pairs I saw at the store had both red and black laces tied in.

Edit: Even the other colorways had two diff color laces. Only the Hamptons used 1 single lace color.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom