***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

new to this thread u mean didnt feel  like going back 70 pages and readin thru....?yea than im new.was never a fan of the grant hills growing up they didnt make noise where im from and was never on my radar.im well aware people hate on quality of other brands but why are you complaining AT ALL if you only paid 40$?

getting quality back the way it was in the 90s is just a joke cats been talkin bout it since the 2000s and it hasent happen ,probably never will.the convo annoys me.how long did it take nike to put the "nike air" back on jays huh? since 2001(really 99 if you count the retro plus 4s) and we been complaining this whole time??so maybe if we keep complaining for the next 10 years the next retros of the grant hills will have a slightly higher cut lol.....well worth the wait.
I paid full price for my ghII when they first came out back in march, and will prob pay full price for the stack II's whenever they release, paid full price for my rain camo kamikaze's and would've paid and will be paying over retail for the crazy 8 nbc when I find them, but overall I have no complaints, Fila/Reebok/Adidas def do a better job with quality than Nike/Jordan when it comes to retro 

The gh 2 was the only true fila retro worth full price.

The comfort on that shoe is top notch. Its only slightly lower than the og but its not noticeable.

But all shoe companies are not without shortcuts in materials and quality

well I don't think he'll respond to anyone on here we kinda downed them pretty bad with the Biglots comments also i'm not shooting you and i'm a fan as well, waiting on some mashburns to be announced and the stack 2's to be released

@redrum3281  hey don't shoot the messenger. I'm just a fan. You and @NobleKane  can hit that guy @Kiddfuture on Twitter. He runs their social accounts, I once won a giveaway and he was the guy I communicated with during the process. 
@Vintageseeker88  thanks for the invite.... @redrum3281  all thoughts and comments can be directed to me. I value everyone's opinion. Will only be on NT for a week or so. Not trying to stay long. Just want to hear peoples opinions, review and communicate for a short time. 

Serious question, is Fila gonna make new models? Retro models can only go so far, especially when you only have a handful. I loved fila as a kid and would love to have an alternative option to a quality sneaker from Nike, but I can't buy 10 colors of the same shoe and expect to keep up with the times. I know it isn't easy to hop back into a market like this, particularly against a retail giant like Nike, but no risk no reward. Impress us, please. Thanks

Serious question, is Fila gonna make new models? Retro models can only go so far, especially when you only have a handful. I loved fila as a kid and would love to have an alternative option to a quality sneaker from Nike, but I can't buy 10 colors of the same shoe and expect to keep up with the times. I know it isn't easy to hop back into a market like this, particularly against a retail giant like Nike, but no risk no reward. Impress us, please. Thanks
So what's different than retro basketball?!? We have retro runners coming out (Spring 2014/Fall 2014). The first will be the Overpass which originally debuted in 1993. This is our way of showing how we established ourselves as one of the leaders of the casual runner in the early 90's. There will be others to follow. As far as other Basketball models. There aren't any current plans in 2014 to develop any athlete signature lines. However we do have other models that are sold at family oriented distributors (Khols, ****'s, Modell's etc etc.)

Some of the retro lines will also see toddler and kids sizes in 2014 as well. 

We hope that through planning and our research labs overseas to continue to raise the quality of products across the board. Thanks for writing @skep

how about the old basketball shoe that had the clear bubbles over the laces? none of us could remember the name but i surprisingly liked them as a kid and wouldnt mind having them again.
is there somewhere that shows the full history of each line?

how about the old basketball shoe that had the clear bubbles over the laces? none of us could remember the name but i surprisingly liked them as a kid and wouldnt mind having them again.
@skep  

You are speaking about the FILA bubbles. There are a few pairs popping up on Ebay. That is one pair that we have looked into retroing, haven't the correct tooling. Therefore we have planned further releases instead. 

- KF

Those were called Fila Underglass.

@skep

You are speaking about the FILA bubbles. There are a few pairs popping up on Ebay. That is one pair that we have looked into retroing, haven't the correct tooling. Therefore we have planned further releases instead. 

- KF

Those were called Fila Underglass.

One of us mentioned the bubble pages back, but I thought that was the original grant hill or something? Is it bubble or underglass?
Don't have the means to make the lace cover you mean?

^ dope i asked about those a few pages back! seth green wore them!

were they popular cuz i dont recall them at all?

I wouldn't consider them popular, but the fact that they were so different is what caught people's attention. I really miss sneakers from this era

One of us mentioned the bubble pages back, but I thought that was the original grant hill or something? Is it bubble or underglass?
Don't have the means to make the lace cover you mean?
I wouldn't consider them popular, but the fact that they were so different is what caught people's attention. I really miss sneakers from this era
the first one is the FILA "Underglass" the FILA "Bubbles" are these

The "Underglass" really hasn't been spoke of much in the development planning. The "Bubbles" are one of the most heavily requested pairs of our back catalogues.

I honestly would seek getting either one of those. At this point I only have the 96 Olympic but want to add more

I don't have my old Slam magazines at home anymore but I remember them being called Fila Underglass and I'm pretty sure Hershey Hawkins used to rep that model. Never seen Grant Hill rock those but he could have.

They were kinda popular when I was in 9th grade in my area, mainly because they were comfy and inexpensive. The younger folks don't know but Fila was right up there with Nike and Reebok in terms of popularity in the 90's.

Yeah! I remember that movie where Seth Green rocking them, the chick in the bathroom was clowning his shoes too, lol.

Ahhh! Thanks for those pics, clears up everything for me, those 2 models were very similar to me back then. :smile:

question got in the all star 96s was there patent on the OGs? i honestly dont remember patent.

this is the first time i've seen these alternate logo 96 samples:

^good looks on that auction. I zoomed in and there is no patent at all. Wow what made Fila decide to patent it up? :smh: :x

Kiddfuture & Vintageseeker - what's your take on the criticisms of the Fila '95? Warranted or unwarranted?

im wondering who's to blame on the mismatching lines from the upper to the sole on the GH2 96'?
i gotta admit, it steered me away from buying a few pairs. i only ended up buying the olympic cuz i figured white to white would be safe

I'm about to grab these wht/navy 95s for $20. Although I hear the complaints of the shape. Still a deal at that price. Always wanted these too!

Back
Top Bottom