***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

No I'm not the Original owner of them.  A good friend of mine who does estate sales had a good friend of his come to him with a proposition.  His friend's Uncle was being moved into a home to be cared for because he is older now.  He needed someone to sell off his Uncle's things so the house could be sold.  My friend said sure not realizing what was in store for him.  Basically his friends Uncle had accumulated over 10,000 pairs of sneakers and boots.  Anything and everything you can think of and they all needed to be sold.  My friend took on this job and I started helping him with it last year.  The recent Ewing retros that came out are a direct result of this collection.  My friend was introduced to Mike Packer and he bought all the old Ewings and had them sent over to China to be remade. I also just sold a bunch of pairs of old Nikes to the head of the Nike artifacts department, Todd Olbrantz.  If you ever saw Derrick Williams of the T-Wolves rocking the Flight Ones that I have as my profile pic I was the guy who sold them to him.  Real cool guy.  He opened his own sneaker store down in Arizona recently. 

Anyway getting back to the Original owner.  He started buying kicks around the mid 1970s.  He just bought what he liked in no particular size/style and stored them in his house until he could no longer fit anymore in there.  He ended up filling roughly 22 storage bins with kicks.  He Never wore any of them.  He just bought them and stacked them.  Oh and boots too.  Lots and lots of boots.  It has to be one of the biggest shoe collections in the world.  That guy Todd Olbrantz from the Nike artifacts department actually flew out here a few years back to check it out.  He picked out a bunch of stuff and offered my friend about $38,000.  There was some real nice expensive rare stuff in the pile he picked out including like 10 pairs of the Jordan 1s.  My friend knew that these kicks were worth much more and declined.  So we are selling them of one by one.  So in a nutshell I am not the Original owner but I know the Original owner and where all these came from.  Crazy right?
wink.gif

Ever thought about telling that story in more depth, I think a few of us would want to hear it!

idk about ya'll, but i'm loving how cheap Fila 96s are going for. Not many kids are f'n with Fila.lol Just got a 2nd pair of the greys for only $35 on jj. Very underrated. Thinking about copping the all stars on fnl for $35 now.

Those stack 2s..... I've been wanting since 4th grade.
In 2014... Don't expect them to go for cheap. 

Don't expect them to be $35. 

if they go on finishline they will go on sale to maybe that price.

that colorway is way to similar to the og colorway.

fila needs to get one of these high profile rap or rnb artist to rock some filas on one of these awards shows.

that will give them a huge boost.

do you know if any nba players wear fila? if they could get one player to rock a 95 or stack 2 it might help as well

Those who have Olympic grant hills did they release all in the same box or were there two version a limited and a GR?! Im in the middle of buying a pair and wana know as soon as possible

Those who have Olympic grant hills did they release all in the same box or were there two version a limited and a GR?! Im in the middle of buying a pair and wana know as soon as possible
It was different from the other 96 boxes. The bottom part of the box was navy with speckles, just like the midsole of the Olympic 96.

What black lion said, I posted pix in here a while back of you browse thru the thread around when they released

The Fila 95 in Black and in the White/Navy colorways are $39

and

The Fila 96 white/navy low tops finishline exclusives are $39 as well on finishline right now.

Does anyone in here with both know how the spaghettis fit in comparison to the 96s? I've never owned a pair of spaghettis and wanted to order a pair. Thanks in advance

Was about to cop a pair of fila 96 double g but my size is sold out. Does anyone know if they run big or small? Should I go a half size up or down. Thanks

the 96s ran TTS for me, i wouldnt go up or down in size but thats just me
going bigger will give more room to crease, which will happen since theyre leather

Back
Top Bottom