***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

@nobilekane I don't need to defend our designs. As far as raising prices? Have any of our releases been a cent over $100 retail. There really is no room to complain here about pricing, when you look at the quality we deliver at the price we do!

Disclaimer: I do not design but the quality on these retro's is awesome! Is there a cut problem with these?

****My personal opinion does not reflect the company: I was never fond of the Stack 2 OG logo. Always thought it was stretched and misshaped.

Last edited:
@nobilekane I don't need to defend our designs. As far as raising prices? Have any of our releases been a cent over $100 retail. There really is no room to complain here about pricing, when you look at the quality we deliver at the price we do!

Disclaimer: I do not design but the quality on these retro's is awesome! Is there a cut problem with these?

****My personal opinion does not reflect the company: I was never fond of the Stack 2 OG logo. Always thought it was stretched and misshaped.
Why do you change the original logos tho?  Not asking you to defend yourself at all.  Just curious on the thought process or thinking there.  I know NK's delivery is a little rough.  But he means well???(ron burgandy question mark sound)

I am not asking you to defend the design changes. I want to know why they altered them?

Is it a cost cutting thing?

And raising your prices will only hurt your guys sales.

As far as the cut the shape is off on the stack 2 and fila 97: both logos have been altered. Stack 2 now has a tiny *** fila logo and the fila 97 logo looks crooked

Fila spaghetti: logo change and drastically lower cut

Fila gh 1: lower cut

Fila kj7: larger logo, no clear bottom, and larger logo

Fila cage: lower cut

And i can take a wild guess as to why finishline isnt going to carry fila no more.

Fila f15 now looks like a freakin payless shoe now.

And another thing about the logo on the stack 2. You said you never liked the stretch like logo? Then you must hate the whole shoe because it was done that way to match the stretched stack on the back and the stretched fila 2a logo on the bottom of the shoe.

So far the only shoe fila has done great recently was the fila gh2 retros besides the shotty midsole lines and the premium fila f15 sold at packer

Your guys leather is better than nike but then again every shoe company puts out better quality than nike so thats not stretching this price hike to the....finishline.

This is just my opinion so do not take it personal as i know you are not the one making the decisions

Last edited:
so if finishline is not getting these are they only gonna be online, if they are then it's a pass for me, not buying if I can't use military discount

im pretty sure iamkiddfuture mentioned this on a previous page, that the red line would not follow down

Yeah, not sure what was so hard about making the red lines a inch or so longer. Not a deal-breaker though, still will cop.

OG

Retro pic from article for comparison.

Great example. So you won't see the red streak continue down to the bottom. The OG Black one pictured above has been worn and the side panel above the logo looks to be dented/bent in. Please take note. It's definitely going to be an exciting release. Maybe even a return of the OG Black colorway before year end as well.

here ya go fellas

Stripe down or not, I'm still buying them. The sneaker is dope either way.

Edit: Any chance we'll see the white/carolina blue colorway? Those were hot!

Last edited:
because of the tooling that line would have to be manually painted on. We tested it with Samples and it was not great. So rather then giving an inch of paint that wouldn't sit well with you guys we opted to pull it. Know that we did everything in our power to make it to perfection. 

Yeah, I understand this is new tooling being used so I'm happy you guys decided not to do the extra stripe. That's something I'd customize on my own if it was that big a deal. It's better than no retro stack!

looking at the comparison i'm a little bummed out on the side logo, but its not a deal breaker, my deal breaker is it not being in retail stores, I didn't wait for the 96's to go on sale but i'd rather be able to try them on and get the right size, I hate guessing if said shoe fits like said other shoe

looking at the comparison i'm a little bummed out on the side logo, but its not a deal breaker, my deal breaker is it not being in retail stores, I didn't wait for the 96's to go on sale but i'd rather be able to try them on and get the right size, I hate guessing if said shoe fits like said other shoe

My man, let's say the average MSRP on these Fila joints is about $100 so the retailer usually buys them a little under half off MSRP so you can say about $45 for simplicity's sake. (I'm basing this off my previous Nike retail experience and I've sure some of you have seen Nike catalog scans that show 2 prices).

For whatever reason, i.e. too much Nike/JB retro and non-retro product, poor reproduction on Fila's part, etc... - the general public is not feeling Fila retro product and alot of cats are scoring them for $30-$40 so in effect the retailer is losing money. You can't fault them for not wanting to stock Fila product on their shelves.

My man, let's say the average MSRP on these Fila joints is about $100 so the retailer usually buys them a little under half off MSRP so you can say about $45 for simplicity's sake. (I'm basing this off my previous Nike retail experience and I've sure some of you have seen Nike catalog scans that show 2 prices).

For whatever reason, i.e. too much Nike/JB retro and non-retro product, poor reproduction on Fila's part, etc... - the general public is not feeling Fila retro product and alot of cats are scoring them for $30-$40 so in effect the retailer is losing money. You can't fault them for not wanting to stock Fila product on their shelves.
i'm not mad at anyone, i'd still rather try the shoes on in person and get the right size, i'm tired of size guessing, factor that with no md and it's a deal breaker, I have 4prs of shoes currently that aren't perfect fits because I had to do a online guess, that more so than the md is what bothers me, for instance when I missed out on the LeBron xi mn, before I ordered them I went to store and tried on what was available which were graffiti's plus I brought them so there was no guessing what size, but I was not able to do that with a few pairs and now they kinda just sit there because the fit isn't perfect, honestly they're $100 price isn't really that big of deal but I buy my shoes to wear and enjoy not to sit in my closet for observations

Last edited:
I am not asking you to defend the design changes. I want to know why they altered them?

Is it a cost cutting thing?

And raising your prices will only hurt your guys sales.

As far as the cut the shape is off on the stack 2 and fila 97: both logos have been altered. Stack 2 now has a tiny *** fila logo and the fila 97 logo looks crooked

Fila spaghetti: logo change and drastically lower cut

Fila gh 1: lower cut

Fila kj7: larger logo, no clear bottom, and larger logo

Fila cage: lower cut

And i can take a wild guess as to why finishline isnt going to carry fila no more.

Fila f15 now looks like a freakin payless shoe now.

And another thing about the logo on the stack 2. You said you never liked the stretch like logo? Then you must hate the whole shoe because it was done that way to match the stretched stack on the back and the stretched fila 2a logo on the bottom of the shoe.

So far the only shoe fila has done great recently was the fila gh2 retros besides the shotty midsole lines and the premium fila f15 sold at packer

Your guys leather is better than nike but then again every shoe company puts out better quality than nike so thats not stretching this price hike to the....finishline.

This is just my opinion so do not take it personal as i know you are not the one making the decisions

NK, I think Kiddfuture and their business partners represent 'new' management at Fila. They've been a hot mess for the past decade and they must've changed ownership or management again hence the resurgence in Fila retro product this past year.

For what it's worth, look at how much cats are scoring their Fila kicks for. There is very little to no demand for their product and my best guess as to why their current retro product is so incredibly off is due to the fact that they're manufacturing at the lowest bidder.

The sneaker factories in China can make both low and high quality sneakers based on how much the customer is willing to pay for them.

My recommendation for the current iteration of Fila is to focus on making a moderate to high quality retro (which should be easy seeing as Nike/JB give no damns) and maybe go niche or low volume like Ewing Athletics. It's understandable that production methods have changed since the 90s but the stuff being churned out presently is borderline variant looking.

i'm not mad at anyone, i'd still rather try the shoes on in person and get the right size, i'm tired of size guessing, factor that with no md and it's a deal breaker, I have 4prs of shoes currently that aren't perfect fits because I had to do a online guess, that more so than the md is what bothers me, for instance when I missed out on the LeBron xi mn, before I ordered them I went to store and tried on what was available which were graffiti's plus I brought them so there was no guessing what size, but I was not able to do that with a few pairs and now they kinda just sit there because the fit isn't perfect, honestly they're $100 price isn't really that big of deal but I buy my shoes to wear and enjoy not to sit in my closet for observations

I agree with you 100%, it is necessary to try on footwear. Why not change your strategy though? If you can't try it, well don't buy it - your wallet and savings account will thank you! :smile:

I agree with you 100%, it is necessary to try on footwear. Why not change your strategy though? If you can't try it, well don't buy it - your wallet and savings account will thank you!
smile.gif
I already said if I can't walk in store and buy it then i'll be missing out, sucks that it's on one of my fav pairs, I was one of the few people with this pair on in 97, I was rotating these and blue toe questions like I was mr usa
roll.gif

The Stack 2 pair fits true to size, much like the rest of our line. Some folks went up a size for the KJ7 but it's personal choice. I will have a full list of retailers for you Thursday or Friday. If I forget remind me please!

NK, I think Kiddfuture and their business partners represent 'new' management at Fila. They've been a hot mess for the past decade and they must've changed ownership or management again hence the resurgence in Fila retro product this past year.

For what it's worth, look at how much cats are scoring their Fila kicks for. There is very little to no demand for their product and my best guess as to why their current retro product is so incredibly off is due to the fact that they're manufacturing at the lowest bidder.

The sneaker factories in China can make both low and high quality sneakers based on how much the customer is willing to pay for them.

My recommendation for the current iteration of Fila is to focus on making a moderate to high quality retro (which should be easy seeing as Nike/JB give no damns) and maybe go niche or low volume like Ewing Athletics. It's understandable that production methods have changed since the 90s but the stuff being churned out presently is borderline variant looking.
Our quality has been superb... Feel free to look back on some of these threads.... People love the leathers and materials used. That is not an issue. The retro product is a division of FILA called Heritage. There is plenty of demand for what we put out and the Stack 2 shows just that. Yes the factories can go high and low but it also comes down to matching tooling and materials for today vs. yesterday. 

There are a number of factors in volume that I am not at liberty to discuss on a forum. 

Back
Top Bottom