***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

Those are as bad as you can get

Would be the worst shoe i seen all week if nike didnt drop the air rupauls this week

Air Rupals?? which ones are those ? 
laugh.gif

edit: i seen 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Those are horrible. I haven't been too big on the KJs anyhow, but in that CW it's next-level poor.

We didn't expect this colorway to grab everyone's eye but we felt it was something that needed to be done in celebration of the brand's solid history in technical sports such as mountain climbing and skiing. The colors and inspiration for the pack comes from FILA's long history with Mountain Climbing and skiing. We flipped the KJ7 and Overpass to create a very cool look, with an interesting color combination of royal blue/black/purple. Leading the pack is the KJ7 which carries a rich tumble leather with perforation details. Additionally the pair bolsters a clean hits of suede and reflective paneling. Other features include embroidery on the tongue and quarter logos, two options of "hiker" laces and a speckled midsole/outsole. Anchoring the pack is the Overpass runner, which is dressed in an impressive upper-combination of suede and ripstop, to go along with a back heel reflective and contrast embroidery logo. Much like the KJ7, the pair comes with two options of "hiker" laces.

In the immediate consumer's eyes, FILA has had a long history in the sports world of Basketball and Tennis. However, just as we took to the courts, we were also aligned with some of the most impressive technical athletes in the world, such as Reinhold Messner and Alberto Tomba. The latter's reign in technical skiing would span from the 1980s into the 1990s. The former, a mountaineer, whose accomplishments include making the first solo ascent of Mount Everest without supplemental oxygen, as well as his ascension of all fourteen of the worlds "eight-thousanders" (peaks 26,000 feet above sea level).

I lie the Overpass more - it suits the colour blocking better in my opinion.

And it's always nice to have a mention of Alberto Tomba. A legend. I never knew that he was a Fila athlete.

Kiddfuture - thanks for the backstory. It does explain the CW. But I still don't like it too much on the KJs!

The Overpass is OK at best, but the KJ7 is just atrocious, IMO of course. Waiting patiently for the Fila 97 and the Mashburn's.
BTW, I met "La Bomba" a few years back, very cool guy and one of the greatest ski legends of all time.

Last edited:
Trent, I'd forgotten about the Mashburns. If they're done right, that's my next Fila purchase.

Well FILA promised to make them as close as possible to the original, so we will have to trust them.

I actually really like the color blocking on the overpass, and even so on the kj. I love purple but hate pink.... But I can't tell which this is and it's hard to figure out honestly. Insight?

Last edited:
I was finally able to play hoops in my 96 that I got from Sears last night. PROS: Very comfortable and needed no time to break in, I was surprised at how the cushion felt. Ventilation was not that great but it wasn't that big of a deal for me. Also there was no slippage. CONS

DAYUUUMMMM!!! :x

I might have to wear mine for casual use then.

Edit: Pink was never hot, even at the peak of her career. I give her the gas face..... :x

Last edited:
you love people but hate pink? what she ever do to you?

Purple lol. Swype never gets those two words correct. Purple is my new favorite color (color of lupus ribbon, wife has lupus) but I hate pink on men's stuff, men shouldn't wear pink imo. And I can't really tell by those pictures if that's a pink or a purple. But oddly enough I like em either way. Just wouldn't wear if it is pink. Hope that makes sense!

DAYUUUMMMM!!! :x

I might have to wear mine for casual use then.

Edit: Pink was never hot, even at the peak of her career. I give her the gas face..... :x

Well I was going to wear mine casually as well but I just decided to play in them and see how it works out. Good thing I paid $21 for these otherwise I would have been disappointed about the minor separation.

Well I was going to wear mine casually as well but I just decided to play in them and see how it works out. Good thing I paid $21 for these otherwise I would have been disappointed about the minor separation.
Yeah, good thing these were bought on the cheap.  So are you going to glue them up again, seems like an easy fix.  

I used superglue on my jordan xviii a few times. Most comfortable casual shoe of all time. Well after i beat them up they were strictly casual had to use that super glue to keep the sole together lol

2nd pair showed up and I still never recieved the 1st pair from 3 weeks again,not bad for 22$ just minor glue missing from soles

Back
Top Bottom