***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

The quality of these shoes man. They're terrible. I haven't taken these out of the box since the day I got them. They soles looked dirty and they're so yellow. They weren't worn or anything but it's like the white soles started to yellow as well. It's crazy how cheap these are.

IMG_4677.JPG

I actually like the way they are aging, with the yellow and everything, almost looks like the OG. Now obviously the leather is not what it was before, but they are still super comfortable.

Why wear a product you're not satisfied with?

Impossible to return or recuperate any of your initial cost. That said the leather quality and comfort are really nice but everything else is very mediocre. Had some of paint 'peel off' on my pair.

I'm going to use Jordan retros as my example, but if there's a better quality retro, I would rather have the better quality release....now what determines "better quality" is subjective. For all we know, Jordan retros with the Jumpman logo might have some worth years later.

I'm just happy to have the shoes at the end of the day. Unless the quality is just that bad where it's inexcusable, I'll never understand some of the QC comments.

Seen the Walters restock coming , anyone have a pair from the first release? Had the og pair in the 90's . Thinking of getting a pair.

^^
How's the build quality? Looks like they got the blue piping to align correctly on your pair too.

I was amazed at the quality. First pair of fila in a long time. Didn't see any glue stains and paint seems pretty good.

Let us know how they hold up after a few wears. I had the Cool Grey pair from the last retro run and I thought it was well made although I only wore 'em twice.

First thing I noticed about this 'Walter' pair was the piping being accurate. Hopefully it's the same across the size range.

I know this is for Fila but I also know alot of u guys r fans of the 90s so does anyone remember or can anyone help with the name of these

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(8).jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(8).jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 16
They're calling it a trend, I call it a lifestyle. You know me with my optimism. I always knew FILA would prevail, but only time will tell if this new WAVE will be long term or short term. I'm hoping long term... I think if FILA don't want to lose its momentum, they should reconsider in retroing other classic models 'cause honestly I think people will eventually get tired of the monotony of seeing the same models come out in different colorways/collaborations, and then that will be a wrap for this FILA Wave. How can you not see that?, right now is the time to retro other models. The timing would be perfect, now that to the masses, you're considered again relevant. How can you not capatilize from all this? How many times do I have to say it, retro the JAMBALL, RUNBALL, etc. I really hate it when companies act like they only have a few models in their back catalog. If that was the case with FILA, I would of understand, but the reality is that FILA has a bunch of other dope models that deserve a retro treatment. I can't stress this enough.

Last edited:
Some future FILA Jamball & Runball Collabos (Hypothetically Speaking):

PACKER SHOES X FILA JAMBALL

PACKER SHOES X FILA RUNBALL

SNS X FILA JAMBALL

SNS X FILA RUNBALL

When it comes to collabos, these two stores are the Creme de la creme, too bad it wont happen 'cause to begin with, they haven't even released these two iconic kicks (Jamball/Runball). FILA needs to start thinking outside of the box, like releasing other gems. On the real who wouldn't go bonkers for the Jamball or Runball? Only a Square or person who don't know anything about FILA's legacy wouldn't like them.

I swear if I was Mike Packer, at this very moment I'll get in contact with FILA and start talking business involving the Jamball & Runball.

Last edited:
If FILA retroed these models, they'll be making some ''Power Moves''.

Jamball

Runball

Mindblower

Mash HI

Mash 2A

Mike Powell XT

Riddick Bowe Cross Trainers

Webber

Ali Oop

Muscleball

GH4

Ampspeed

Tourissimo

and the list could go on... Do you see how many models they could easily pick out to to retro, but decide not to. Why on earth make these releases so predictable, when you could switch it up, by surprising us with a NEW retro model or models. In the past I have pitched them this same idea, and one of their employee's response was ''we cannot come out at once with all those models''. I guess he misunderstood me, 'cause I wasn't saying that. What I was really saying is to retro at least two different models each month, is that asking for too much? Remember us fans (OG Fans) are the ones who keep the brand alive, and mainly because of that we should at least be rewarded with seeing new retro models come out.

Like they would say in Italy Bellissimo!
FILA JAMBALL HI BLACK, NAVY & AMBER 1.jpg

FILA JAMBALL HI BLACK, NAVY & AMBER 2.jpg

It's definitely time for a Jamball retro. Had the black low/mid first time around and was one of my favorite of all time. Been waiting forever. If Nike can retro the OG Air Command Force (David Robinson/Billy Hoyle), Fila or getting a store like Walters Atl to help relaunch. Needs to happen.

It's definitely time for a Jamball retro. Had the black low/mid first time around and was one of my favorite of all time. Been waiting forever. If Nike can retro the OG Air Command Force (David Robinson/Billy Hoyle), Fila or getting a store like Walters Atl to help relaunch. Needs to happen.

You know what's up. FILA were innovators, that shoe released in 93. The outsole was the cherry on top, with the cool little dude reaching up from the sole of the shoe up onto the upper holding a basketball. Now tell me what other shoe in that year could compete with that, none. Talking about dope outsole's the Nike Air CB34 Godzilla, also had a dope outsole, but it released in 95. Hmmm, was it a late response to the Jamball's outsole? If it was IMO, JAMBALL takes the Win, there's no competition, and this is coming from someone who loves the CB34 Godzilla's and their outsole. I love them so much, that I have them in my collection. But like I said before the JAMBALL takes the Win, for the most dopest outsole ever created in sneaker history.
Fila Jamball Vintage Ad.png

Back
Top Bottom