***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

Hello everyone!

I have a question about this model of Fila basketball sneakers that i've recently bought.
According to the inside tag, it seems very likely that its an OG 90s one, my guess from early to mid 90s? but i have no clue about the name of the model, it would be appreciated if somebody could tell me more about it, the name, year of production and more.

Here are the pictures:

Thank you!

Brooke Shields & Scott Baio
Brooke Shields and Scott Baio.jpg

FUN FACT: On the TV show The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Will Smith actually wore a FILA model the FILA GH1.

Hello everyone!

I have a question about this model of Fila basketball sneakers that i've recently bought.
According to the inside tag, it seems very likely that its an OG 90s one, my guess from early to mid 90s? but i have no clue about the name of the model, it would be appreciated if somebody could tell me more about it, the name, year of production and more.

Here are the pictures:

Thank you!

Anyone ? lol

So what do you guys think of the new releases ?

Attachments

• FB_20171120_17_13_05_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20171120_17_13_05_Saved_Picture.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 15
  • FB_20171120_17_14_13_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20171120_17_14_13_Saved_Picture.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 14
  • FB_20171120_17_15_14_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20171120_17_15_14_Saved_Picture.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 17
Anyone ? lol

I would of helped you out, but I can't due to its obscurity. Although, I do know the names of other obscure FILA models, but this one in particular I can't indentify it.

Try getting in contact with these FILA employees through their instagram. Maybe they would be able to help you out.

FILA VP Footwear: Tobin Dorn

Sneaker Strategist: Louis W. Colon III

Marketing Manager: Sean Lynch

or you can also try googling their names, and take it from there...

Last edited:
Actually messaged the Sean Lynch guy past year with a question about past release. Took few days, but dude took time to reply back with info. Regular customer service also replied. Props to Fila for good relations.

I would of helped you out, but I can't due to its obscurity. Although, I do know the names of other obscure FILA models, but this one in particular I can't indentify it.

Try getting in contact with these FILA employees through their instagram. Maybe they would be able to help you out.

FILA VP Footwear: Tobin Dorn

Sneaker Strategist: Louis W. Colon III

Marketing Manager: Sean Lynch

or you can also try googling their names, and take it from there...
Thanks! I'll try that!

BTW, i'm curious about Fila Muscle Ball reproduction, do you think it can happen, i'm also curious was this model ever reproduced since 1996 though? At least i never heard of reproduction on this model.

Thanks! I'll try that!

BTW, i'm curious about Fila Muscle Ball reproduction, do you think it can happen, i'm also curious was this model ever reproduced since 1996 though? At least i never heard of reproduction on this model.

Glad I could help in some way.

If it was up to me, I would bring them all back including the Muscle Ball, but its not up to me. I'm just an OG FILA fan, whos passionate about this brand, we'll just have to wait and see what happens next. I'm hoping to see some new retro models down the line.

No, it was never reproduced since 96. Hersey Hawkins was notorious for wearing the Muscle Ball's.

Like I said before not bad for a non OG colorway, but there will always be a part of me saying hey FILA, how about releasing your other gems...

Those molds cost a lot of money man, they need to use them to the max, before they move to the next one.

Glad I could help in some way.

If it was up to me, I would bring them all back including the Muscle Ball, but its not up to me. I'm just an OG FILA fan, whos passionate about this brand, we'll just have to wait and see what happens next. I'm hoping to see some new retro models down the line.

No, it was never reproduced since 96. Hersey Hawkins was notorious for wearing the Muscle Ball's.

No doubt, thanks for reply.

Dang, that's crazy! Oh yes, you're correct, totally forgot about Hawkins! He shoulda been his signature shoes lol.
I'm trying to get almost ever reproduced fila sneaker when they come out (the ones i like lol). I've missed the stack model in 2014, aka stack 2 or what is it called. Were those ever reproduced since 1996, was 2014 the first time though? I'd love to see another series dropping so i can cop them, do you think that's possible?

True, you have a point. I'm just hoping that down the line, we'll see something different, model wise.

You know that I hope about that too, but knowing how their business operates at the moment and the status of the market demand, it will be really hard.

but FILA is in high demand right now. They could capitalize from it all. I've seen all kinds of people rocking the brand old and young. Male and Female.

I would say "high" demand in parentheses for sure, aside from Adidas, I think pretty much everyone else is suffering, even the almighty JB.

No doubt, thanks for reply.

Dang, that's crazy! Oh yes, you're correct, totally forgot about Hawkins! He shoulda been his signature shoes lol.
I'm trying to get almost ever reproduced fila sneaker when they come out (the ones i like lol). I've missed the stack model in 2014, aka stack 2 or what is it called. Were those ever reproduced since 1996, was 2014 the first time though? I'd love to see another series dropping so i can cop them, do you think that's possible?

Yep, that was FILA's first time retroing the Stack 2. I was disappointed with the craftsmanship, as much as I love FILA. I'm not gonna sugar coat anything. Who knows if that OG colorway will ever come out again, if it does I hope they do it right.
FILA Stack 2 Ad.png

Grimee Grimee One of Hersey Hawkins official signature models were the Rainmaker's. At first I wasn't too fond of them, but they grew on me, especially the OG Black Colorway. He wore the Rainmaker model during his time with the Supersonics.
Hersey Hawkins wearing the FILA Rainmaker.png

FILA Rainmaker Eastbay.png

Grimee Grimee One of Hersey Hawkins official signature models were the Rainmaker's. At first I wasn't too fond of them, but they grew on me, especially the OG Black Colorway. He wore the Rainmaker model during his time with the Supersonics.
Hersey Hawkins wearing the FILA Rainmaker.png

FILA Rainmaker Eastbay.png

Oh yes, i remember looking at the eastbay add for these!

Yep, that was FILA's first time retroing the Stack 2. I was disappointed with the craftsmanship, as much as I love FILA. I'm not gonna sugar coat anything. Who knows if that OG colorway will ever come out again, if it does I hope they do it right.
FILA Stack 2 Ad.png

Say word? What was the problem?

Back
Top Bottom