OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United p*ssed away a whole month smh.

It’s like they go all in on one player and when that doesn’t work out they wait till the last day to sign only to panic and end up having to overspend

It’s been like that for damn near over a decade now.

1687913910708.gif
United has been a joke, and will continue to be a joke until the owners leave and/or the fan revolt. Until them, just guard your mental peace and ignore this joke club

That's a lot of money for a player that's not world class...sheesh!

City playing chess, bid to raise the price and then pullout (i.e Slabhead)
Tbh I don’t think that’s what happened. No serious club would pull a Elon and put in a bid they not serious about. There’s nothing to gain by making arsenal pay more got little to do with us. I believe we had genuine plans for Rice and Maguire but also had a valuation we wouldn’t go over for those players. Can add Cucarella, Fred, Jorginho, Koulibaly, Alexis, Kane in that too. All same reasons asking price over the clubs valuation move on to an alternative.

They we roasting this chick yesterday. Now it seems she may be right.

Yes it’s a crazy theory but it’s definitely plausible now.

City gave up so quick. Did they really want him?

I don't see the hype with declan rice for 100m. Hes a 55m player all day.
Many tell me about the tackling and interceptions but I thought about this.

If you're playing for a team that is 18th in the league for the entire season in possession, it's possible to be one of the leaders in those defensive counting statistics. What would impress me a heck of a lot more, is if your playing for a man city, Brighton, arsenal, man united who are top 6ish in possession and you still have those stats. West Ham are around 41% possession for the 2022/23 season.
That’s why you don’t evaluate players based on just stats. Eye test + advanced stats >. Rice has great positional awareness, he’s more than likely in the right place at the right time, really good reader of the game, and aggressive. All of that is portable to any team, defending will not be an issue. The question mark with him will be can he play for these top sides who dominate possession and ask for more out of their 6 on the ball.

In a vacuum, he’s not a £100M player. But when you factor in his age, what he means to his current club, him being homegrown (the importance of this doesn’t get mentioned enough), West Ham not wanting to sell, and the current market, I can see why they priced a transfer at 100M.
I will never understand FFP.. Chelsea bout to drop another 100 mil on a midfielder and yet we only have 100 mil to spend in total.
They, or any club, don’t pay the transfer fee all at once. They pay in installments, that’s why you see links to Mount, Onana, and Hojlund even though their combined cost would be well over 100 mil.

That’s why you don’t evaluate players based on just stats. Eye test + advanced stats >. Rice has great positional awareness, he’s more than likely in the right place at the right time, really good reader of the game, and aggressive. All of that is portable to any team, defending will not be an issue. The question mark with him will be can he play for these top sides who dominate possession and ask for more out of their 6 on the ball.

In a vacuum, he’s not a £100M player. But when you factor in his age, what he means to his current club, him being homegrown (the importance of this doesn’t get mentioned enough), West Ham not wanting to sell, and the current market, I can see why they priced a transfer at 100M.

They, or any club, don’t pay the transfer fee all at once. They pay in installments, that’s why you see links to Mount, Onana, and Hojlund even though their combined cost would be well over 100 mil.
I mentioned that for the folks who only harp on the defensive elements on his game to me. Def watch a lot of him and from what I see he isn't a 100m or british world record worthy.
He has plenty of time to show that.

The Glazers are broke and aren’t going to sign anybody until there is more clarity around the sale (I won’t believe they’re actually selling until they’re actually physically out).

It sucks but at least we didn’t spend $170million on Havertz/Rice (though Antony for 100m is just as bad).

The influx of Saudi money has completely changed the whole market itself. If this is a sustained thing and I think it will be, it’s gonna be a real threat to UEFA. The Italian teams barely can hold on as is, that league isn’t going to make it longterm. People hate the super league but it would have been a better more formidable presence to Saudi disruption I think.

AC Milan seem to be making decent moves in the market.
Really wondering what happened with Maldini. I know during the Inter tie, he called for immediate investment in the club. Maybe he had bigger names in mind.

The one time I see the US beat up on a team and its my place of heritage :lol:

I was hoping they would at least put up a fight

Back
Top Bottom