OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Canada vs Argentina should be good. Their group game was close and canada did well for most of the time. Just couldnt finish. They couldnt finish last night too. They need to get their composure straight. Feel like going to the game..

i feel like they need a top level coach from south america.
Would they ever be on board with that?

We saw just how much they ended up resenting then undermining the last non-American manager who challenged their structure and thinking the last time with Klinsmann :lol:

With all the money they spend, they could do much worse than actually coughing up big money for what they've needed for years :lol:

This Benz??

it’s almost like everyone told yall so. but somehow he would have a resurgence in saudi arabia lol

with that being said, im sure he’ll have a six pack still in 2026. hope he plays every minute again. can he even come to the US?

Not like Portugal had a better option up front

Not neutral here but nah: ain't nobody ******* with dd when it comes to football terrorism.
20240706_073338.jpg

Dude just extremely lucky for having this deep of a bench (and quality too).
This is how french people (who actually know ball) talk about and picture him:
20240702_142025.jpg

(Having a big *** ussy is how they say someone's extremely lucky)
Taking Griezmann off was not a risk at all, buddy been straight cheeks for the whole game, last games actually. Antoine really sensitive with it too, so he's just gon be spiraling: I wouldn't start him on Tuesday, he's too much of a liability. Kylian was pretty *** too, no Meg and needs to step his effing game up if he wants to beat the fraud allegations.

Horrible game indeed if not for Hernandez, Kounde, Dembele and Maignan.
F it, we ball tho

I know both Griezmann and Mbappe didn’t play well yesterday, but honestly, pretty much everyone on both teams were awful and wasteful in attacking.

IMO those are two players who just need one moment to pull something off, so I was just surprised they got pulled off as early as they did.

Like you said, France at least have more options. Martinez on the other hand seemed determined to slow the game down by taking off Bruno, Leao, and Cancelo. They didn’t accomplish anything either, but in a match where NO ONE was scoring, they at least created chances and made the French defense struggle at times, especially Leao.

Instead of giving them a chance to finish the match, Martinez made his usual idiot subs and slowed everything down to players who couldn’t do too much other than side pass and wait for an opening. As soon as he did that, I knew Portugal were going to lose or deserved to lose. I’m not going to put the blame on Joao Felix at all.

Also I don’t understand jape jape ‘s Ronaldo obsession or who he is even trying to troll in here. It’s not the Portuguese fans who want him to play 90 minutes, it’s Martinez and the American stans who idolize him. Are there even any left in this thread? Who even said he was going to Saudi to revitalize his career? Anyone with one brain cell knew it’s a retirement plan.

Most Portuguese fans have been highly critical of Ronaldo’s national team performance for most of his career, because they always expected prime Man United/Real Madrid Ronaldo to show up. They acknowledge him as one of the best of all time, and they rarely got to see that for the national side. He was still the best option for many years because he was still capable of playing at that level.

Nowadays no one expects him to play for more than 20 minutes, but Portugal think he’s important for marketing, and Martinez is a coward who doesn’t want to deal with Ronaldo’s frustration at being benched. As usual there aren’t many options, but Ronaldo just doesn’t have the ability or stamina anymore to do anything against quick/strong defenders. Playing anyone else for 70-80 minutes is better, honestly

Last edited:
I know both Griezmann and Mbappe didn’t play well yesterday, but honestly, pretty much everyone on both teams were awful and wasteful in attacking.

IMO those are two players who just need one moment to pull something off, so I was just surprised they got pulled off as early as they did.

Like you said, France at least have more options. Martinez on the other hand seemed determined to slow the game down by taking off Bruno, Leao, and Cancelo. They didn’t accomplish anything either, but in a match where NO ONE was scoring, they at least created chances and made the French defense struggle at times, especially Leao.

Instead of giving them a chance to finish the match, Martinez made his usual idiot subs and slowed everything down to players who couldn’t do too much other than side pass and wait for an opening. As soon as he did that, I knew Portugal were going to lose or deserved to lose. I’m not going to put the blame on Joao Felix at all.

Also I don’t understand jape jape ‘s Ronaldo obsession or who he is even trying to troll in here. It’s not the Portuguese fans who want him to play 90 minutes, it’s Martinez and the American stans who idolize him. Are there even any left in this thread? Who even said he was going to Saudi to revitalize his career? Anyone with one brain cell knew it’s a retirement plan.

Most Portuguese fans have been highly critical of Ronaldo’s national team performance for most of his career, because they always expected prime Man United/Real Madrid Ronaldo to show up. They acknowledge him as one of the best of all time, and they rarely got to see that for the national side. He was still the best option for many years because he was still capable of playing at that level.

Nowadays no one expects him to play for more than 20 minutes, but Portugal think he’s important for marketing, and Martinez is a coward who doesn’t want to deal with Ronaldo’s frustration at being benched. As usual there aren’t many options, but Ronaldo just doesn’t have the ability or stamina anymore to do anything against quick/strong defenders. Playing anyone else for 70-80 minutes is better, honestly
it’s only trolling if it hurts your feelings. i think it’s a pretty valid discussion. its only been like 18 hours. why gloss over the worst performance ever by ronaldo who is literally the most popular athlete in the world?

i think it’s pretty important especially with a team like portugal who has a lot of talent.

Would they ever be on board with that?

We saw just how much they ended up resenting then undermining the last non-American manager who challenged their structure and thinking the last time with Klinsmann :lol:
no clue but stylistically america will never play like a european team. or at least no time soon
they need a manager that can help them grind out wins and muck up the match

I think you meant to show me a video of Gonçalo Ramos, the same guy who can’t get minutes at PSG and his entire highlight reel was a hatty against a B level team in a World Cup game.

Good talk.
Yes the same guy with more major tourney knockout goals than him in 20 less appearences :lol:

Back
Top Bottom