Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Originally Posted by CP1708

LA vs Boston is 2-2 in my lifetime. 

Gotta call ducktales on this.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Come on man, I ain't that damn old.  Buncha clowns. 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
Weren't you alive for the '72 Phins season?

I know most of y'all don't care, but game 1 of the 2008 finals is on ESPN2

I completely forgot VladRad was the one asked to defend paul pierce that year..........no wonder why dude won finals MVP
smh.gif

I completely forgot VladRad was the one asked to defend paul pierce that year..........no wonder why dude won finals MVP
smh.gif

A Steeler and a Laker fan
grin.gif
Cmon Man
laugh.gif

Haha, definitely not a Laker fan, but gotta pull for someone.  I have really learned to like and appreciate Kobe the past 5 years or so, didn't like him at all early but now appreciate his game and work ethic.  That and the fact that Chowd fan gets on my nerves (not all of course, Deadset is cool) = LA fan for a few weeks
laugh.gif

I know the Celts like to claim dominance, and we can't really argue much, but really?  All those wins in the 50's and 60's before our parents were even born? 
laugh.gif
  Ok

LA vs Boston is 2-2 in my lifetime.  With LA having 9 titles and Boston having 4 titles.  This one is big for us. 

I don't discredit Boston's titles from back then, they won their 8 postseason games a year in an 8 team league, I am impressed, but in the past 35 years, since things have grown mightily, it has not been a green world, it's been a helluva lot more Purple and Gold then anything. 
smokin.gif

But enough of all this talk, 26 hours away from what matters.  Can't wait. 

all i know is the Lakers are 2-1 against the Celtics in the Finals in my lifetime and their 7 titles since I was born is the most in professional sports from 1985-now.  Also I know the Lakers 10 titles are the most in professional sports in the modern era as well 1970-present.

also teams like the Yankees and Celtics who won most of their titles in the 1950's and 1960's had it much easier due to their being less teams and less playoff rounds. Prior to 1969 in baseball, the team with the best record and the national league met the team with the best record in the american league in the world series and that was that, no alcs, nlcs, or nlds, or alds so it was much easier to win titles for them back then, also with the Celtics it was way less playoff rounds back in the 1960's when they won the majority of their titles. In the end both those teams titles from that era are legit though because they were the best team those years they won and they managed to win and be the best in the league the played in but in the modern era the Lakers are the best team in professional sports.

Less then 24 hours left til game time though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

smh.gif
sick.gif
Totally forgot about that bum. Dude was a defensive liability and play with zero heart on offense

Can't wait for the game.
pimp.gif

Looking forward to the annual pregame intro as well, great way to get amped up for the Finals
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

I know the Celts like to claim dominance, and we can't really argue much, but really?  All those wins in the 50's and 60's before our parents were even born? 
laugh.gif
  Ok

LA vs Boston is 2-2 in my lifetime.  With LA having 9 titles and Boston having 4 titles.  This one is big for us. 

I don't discredit Boston's titles from back then, they won their 8 postseason games a year in an 8 team league, I am impressed, but in the past 35 years, since things have grown mightily, it has not been a green world, it's been a helluva lot more Purple and Gold then anything. 
smokin.gif

But enough of all this talk, 26 hours away from what matters.  Can't wait. 

all i know is the Lakers are 2-1 against the Celtics in the Finals in my lifetime and their 7 titles since I was born is the most in professional sports from 1985-now.  Also I know the Lakers 10 titles are the most in professional sports in the modern era as well 1970-present.

also teams like the Yankees and Celtics who won most of their titles in the 1950's and 1960's had it much easier due to their being less teams and less playoff rounds. Prior to 1969 in baseball, the team with the best record and the national league met the team with the best record in the american league in the world series and that was that, no alcs, nlcs, or nlds, or alds so it was much easier to win titles for them back then, also with the Celtics it was way less playoff rounds back in the 1960's when they won the majority of their titles. In the end both those teams titles from that era are legit though because they were the best team those years they won and they managed to win and be the best in the league the played in but in the modern era the Lakers are the best team in professional sports.

Less then 24 hours left til game time though
pimp.gif

I enjoyed the "let's talk about the parts of history that make my team appear most dominant".  17 > 15   

Bad sign of the day: had an interview today and the guy that will be my boss looks and sounds like Pau Gasol.

--Legler says Celtics take Game 1.
--Hopefully we prove dude wrong. Gameday. Lets get it though. Lets GO LAKERS!!

Most of ESPN is saying Celtics take 1 out of the first 2 games...I dont mind it. They are usually wrong unless its really one-sided like last year. Theyre just picking out of the sky. 10 hours and counting down.

Originally Posted by isu42

I enjoyed the "let's talk about the parts of history that make my team appear most dominant".  17 > 15   

hey it is what is. yeah it was alot easier to win titles back then but at the same time the Lakers were in the league at that time and could have won those titles as well but didn't so while it was easier to win, the Celtics were the team that got the job done those years so they deserve the credit for that.

i got a feeling the Lakers will eventually pass them though.

i really can't even acknowledge a bunch of titles won in the 60's when none of us were even born. the lakers have been the premier franchise and it's not even close. the lakers went 3 years without being contenders and everyone went nuts, the celtics went about 20 years without being in contention. the celtics are trying to rebuild it, but obviously the lakers can't let them.

Originally Posted by u ttocs

i really can't even acknowledge a bunch of titles won in the 60's when none of us were even born. the lakers have been the premier franchise and it's not even close. the lakers went 3 years without being contenders and everyone went nuts, the celtics went about 20 years without being in contention. the celtics are trying to rebuild it, but obviously the lakers can't let them.
indifferent.gif
I logged on from work just to reply to this. What kind of idiotic reasoning is this? So will your kids fail to acknowledge Lakers championships because they weren't born yet?

I swear I read a new "dumbest post ever" everyday on here. As long as the sports world and the NBA acknowledge the championships, no one can ever take them away. I have a feeling if the Lakers won all those championships in the 60's, you wouldn't say @#%@. Stop being salty.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by u ttocs

i can acknowledge them but ill stand behind my opinion that with less teams and rounds it was a much easier league to win in at the time, ill say the same for the yankees as well because their was no playoffs in baseball other then the world series prior to 1969 which means 20 of their 27 titles were won without having to even play in the ALCS

the reason ill acknowledge the titles is because those teams were the best in their era and they earned all those titles, also say if the Lakers fall off bad 30 years from now and a team like the Grizzlies starts winning titles on a regular basis and some Grizzlies fan said the same thing about the Lakers winning a bunch of titles in the 80's and 00's i would get annoyed at them.

is it true that doc rivers is mulling retirement after this season, win or loss? thibs next in line?

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Brent Barry admitting he's a hater of the purple and gold. CP, Notorious...remember this dude predicted at the start of the season that LA would fall to the silver and black in the WCF this year. Spurs?
nerd.gif

--One more day till game day...
pimp.gif
Brent? Or Jon Barry? I know Jon Barry played like a season with Kobe like in his rookie or 2nd year in the league.

--Brent Barry. Sits next to either Eric Snow or Steve Smith on NBA TV. With that Bron slurper Rick Kamla.
I dunno about Rick Kamla being a slurper. He went in on Bron big time with that whole dancing thingy he did against the Bulls. Dude dedicated his segment to going off on him about that.

And yeah, Brent admitted on NBA TV that he's not a fan of the purple and gold.

Back
Top Bottom