OFFICIAL: GAME 5 NBA FINALS LAKERS VS. CELTICS 6.13.10 8PM ET ABC

This game is probably going into overtime.

Lakers by 1...I hope.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

This Finals doesn't feel like '08. The game threads are much weaker, there's too much bickering and not enough basketball talk, and the bandwagon fans have made it almost unbearable to enjoy the series. Not to mention Stern's henchmen...

Very disappointed overall. Game threads two years ago touched 80-90 pages easily. We're lucky now if we get to 35-40, and half of that is drivel such as "Paul Pierce is a #%@" or "#%#@ the ____". smh...
probably a lot more people active on NT 2 years ago than now

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

This Finals doesn't feel like '08. The game threads are much weaker, there's too much bickering and not enough basketball talk, and the bandwagon fans have made it almost unbearable to enjoy the series. Not to mention Stern's henchmen...

Very disappointed overall. Game threads two years ago touched 80-90 pages easily. We're lucky now if we get to 35-40, and half of that is drivel such as "Paul Pierce is a #%@" or "#%#@ the ____". smh...
True, and that's a shame. The forum platform is a big reason for that, obviously.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

True, and that's a shame. The forum platform is a big reason for that, obviously.

You guys gotta take into account too, that Yuku sucks it up on a daily basis, that right there stirs me away from here on game days/nights.

It's frustrating.

Rooting for the Celtics but Phil Jackson coached teams typically don't lose these games.

Hope the C's bring their A game.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Rooting for the Celtics but Phil Jackson coached teams typically don't lose these games.
I agree with you on that.
I highlighted 'coached' because so far Phil hasn't coached one bit.
He has only gotten off the bench maybe a dozen times at the most the entire series.
On the other hand Doc Rivers has been up and down the sideline and also running on the court.
So if Phil Jackson decides to coach tonight which I'm sure he will, the Lakers win.

--C's dont need their A game. All they need is 2 of their big 4 to have a a good game and have their bench beat the LA bench. That's cake IMO.
--Phil Jackson coaching aint gonna have an impact on the game. Boston got this whether Phil shows up or not.

If our bigs dont grab boards, its a wrap......plain and simple...

A couple key rebounds last game and , it could be 3-1 L.A...

Kobe has to take care of the ball also, his turnover avg is unacceptable...

if the Lakers win tonight, i will be getting very intoxicated, any local NT'ers wanna hit up hermosa or manhattan beach after the game if the Lakers win hit me up.

if the Lakers lose, i better not see a single message in my inbox lol

will kobe make more than 2 shots in the fourth quarter or will he continue to shot 25% when it matters most

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

laugh.gif
at getting in Kobe's way.
This has ALWAYS been my thoughts on Lamar. Dude could literally be the best player in the league. If only he didnt have the famous Carter and McGrady trait of laziness...

Well,

the game will go down to the wire, and it will come down to who is scoring the most effienciently down the stretch and who is rebounding the ball the best with the clock down below 4 minutes. Who is going to make the right plays down the stretch and if you are a Laker fan, who is going to make the plays if Kobe Bryant isn't on fire.

I thought during the fourth quarter last game, the lakers got caught dating the shot clock a little bit too much, and that made their offense suffer big time. Let's see if they can get that ball below the free-throw line, especially when it matters most.

Celtics, they have to keep the pressure on and Allen & Pierce are going to have to make plays. Rondo and Robinson are going to have to keep the pressure on the laker guards and bigs for that matter, and if they can gain that rebounding advantage that they did in game 4, that will be a MAJOR plus.

Should be a good one, who knows who's going to win this one. But personally, I just can't go against a phil jackson coached team in the finals.

Woke up at 9am this morning thinking all day about the game
2fa26f62d5803c793da2847474432e8a18996b6b.gif
.  20 mins until pre-game
99036e6f21778bc4c84839f029de7ce81ee1d4e3.gif

Back
Top Bottom