OFFICIAL: GAME 7 NBA FINALS CELTICS VS. LAKERS 6.17.10 9PM ET AB7C

One more win. We can't back down now, we need to play with everything we've got, and if tonight is any indication of our potential, it's that this Boston team may not be able to handle the Lakers firing on all cylinders for four more quarters.

Let's go Lakers, one more for us.

hope the lakers can ball out game 7...

Hate KG too much to see him win another one, and i think the loss of perkins will make this an easy W for LA

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

Originally Posted by RickFoxJr

bostonsucks1.jpg

Let's go! 

LA is gonna be wild that day. can't wait!

gonna be an all out war.,

KOBE = FINALS MVP

blow em out one more time.

win or lose, im proud of how the Lakers defended their title til the very end.

1 more win though, finish this off right on thursday.

i drank king kobra 40's after this game, i wanna walk a few blocks down to my local liquor store on thursday night and by champagne.

either way despite this blowout win, i got respect for Boston as a legit real opponent though. It's one final game, hopefully the Lakers finish this off on Thursday.

wait perkins is out for sure?

and all you guys saying its worse for the lakers now that perkins might not play... really? you think you're smarter than doc rivers and the other 10 guys helping him coach and reviewing tapes? if that was the case he wouldn't start/ or get any minutes...

without him lakers dominate the paint

Win or Lose all of LA is gonna be rioting, be safe everyone back in 2002, after watching the Lakers complete their 3-peat of New Jersey inside Staples on big screen I got sandbagged by a po-po because my boy was mooning them

honestly dont see boston takin this last game and i felt that way b4 perkins was injured. lakers will be victorious.....mark my words.

Them losing Perkins is a HUGE loss! They have no dominance in the paint now and now have no depth in that position once Rasheed and Garnett get in foul trouble. Easy W for the Lakers lets go!

Rasheed Is going to have to step it up. I wouldn't even mind him getting Technical

i made a bet picking the lakers... lakers must win ...

i don't want to see PP's acting or KG cursing anymore

First off, congrats to all the true Laker and Celtics fans.  Game 7's are special, I feel privileged to be able to be a part of one like this as a fan.  Winner take all for the title. 
eek.gif

That said, I hope like hell we win 100-47 so there can be no doubt, no offense ya'll. 
laugh.gif

Bynum, get that knee right for just one more game.  Pau, play like it's game 6.  Ron, game 6.  Odom, have some candy.  Fisher, this is a clutch moment, you do clutch moments.....Kobe, yeah I don't think I need to tell you anything.  Farmar, all the girls you can want if you win this game.  Brown, gimme a dunk for the crowd, Sasha a 3 as a dagger. 

ALL OF YOU grab every @!#$%^& rebound you see.  Every one of em. 

Can't wait for this game.  History in so many ways on so many levels. 
pimp.gif

always great to have a game seven..
IMO for the CELTS to win these too. yes Sheldon Williams will have to play well. 5-8 rebs would be ok with 6-8 pts would be enough

Nate and big baby also have to play big..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/gallery...9c9e416-getty-bkn-nba-_final-lakers-celtics:1/l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/ed/ypv/1.png);">http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/ed/ypv/1.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: initial; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; cursor: pointer; background-position: -337px -59px; ">ious32 of 120http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/gallery...f3d0206d4-getty-99174874mw116_nba_finals_ga:1/l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/ed/ypv/1.png);">http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/ed/ypv/1.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: initial; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; cursor: pointer; background-position: -375px -59px; ">Next

1d1bbeb3a170ad9dde2658138ebf4ba1-getty-bkn-nba-_final-lakers-celtics.jpg

Getty Images
2010-06-15

Dang, this game would be too nerve racking if it goes down to the wire, imagine a Kobe game winner for the championship...I think NT and Staples Center will spontaneously combust, lol. But also imagine a Pierce or Allen game winner....oh boy.

this is the ultimate this is what its all about

the biggest rivalry in the NBA in game 7

its gonna be a close heated game...im gonna lose my mind if it goes down to the final shot                                                                        

There's only one thing worse than the thought of Boston winning another championship, and that's the thought of Kobe and LA winning another.
So LET'S GO BOSTON.Should be a great game either way.

I am trying to look at this game from neutral and rational perspective but as a life long, fourth generation Laker fan I am worried that even my best attempts to breakdown this game are clouded with bias. Take my prediction with a grain of salt, I know I am.

I see the Lakers winning by about 10 points, something like 90-80. The reason that I am confident is because the Lakers do not need to do anything extraordinary to win. No one on the Celtics commands a double team and their ability to shut down the Celtics is entirely in the Lakers' own hands. Even if the Laker offense stinks in game 7 (something that is very possible) they will have a great chance if they simply box out, committ less then 18-20 turnovers, sprint back on D and just be somewhat judicious in the half court on defense.

If they box out, they take away the second chance points, which have been a huge source of points for the Celtics, whenever they have won.

If they reasonably limit turnovers and sprint back on D, The Celtics are in real trouble. Transition and even just semi transition are the conditions where Rondo thrives and where he gets himself layups and assists for his teammates. The Lakers have it entirely in their power to remove those conditions. Even if the Lakers shoot a low percentage themselves, if they get back on D and do not give up an excessive amount of turn overs, they will make the Celtics have to play five on five against a set defense.

Finally, when the Lakers are guarding against half court sets, whoever guards Rondo has to pressure the ball. Because the strategy is to give him the open shot, the Lakers guards have sometimes backed so far off of him that they let him manuever where ever he wants and to use his great passing ability to manufacture points for all of his teammates. When Kobe and Fish play him closely, he is much less able to run the offense and that forces the Celtics's best offensive players to go one on one and that means that Garnett and Pierce must score a ton and to do so efficiently and that is asking a lot because Artest and Gasol can guard those guys one on one.

Even if the Celtics players can make some tough shots and the Lakers shoot poorly as a team (which is very possible because Boston will bring their outstanding defense), if the Lakers do those very doable and mundane things that I mentioned, it is unlikely that Celtics will be able to score enough, plain and simple.

I can only hope that the crowd infuses the Lakers with the energy needed to go out and take this game and this series. I know the Celtics will bring the intensity and toughness.

Back
Top Bottom