OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wasn't directed to you specifically, I've seen the theory before and the article reminded me of it.
Dissecting the show and coming up with/reading different theories is part of the fun, so don't let my saltiness ruin that:lol:

Kinda why I posted this thread is dead, it took me 20 minutes to even find it (I gave up with the search on NT its pretty bad), I'm old school and don't do reddit or social media I grew up on dialup and messageboards so that's all I really mess with other than random suggested articles on google...

I've never used reddit..
I know trying to find the book thread will be impossible. But for y'all book readers. I have a feeling well get WOW by next year or Kate this year

if this show doesn't start ep 1 with Jon snow dying it's a failure
tumblr_o92hzklGpc1rdutw3o1_400.gif

come and see.gif

Not gonna lie, watching the ending of GoT is gonna take a bit of the steam out of the ending of ASOIAF for me even though I know the details leading up to the conclusion is going to be way different. I've moved onto other book series.

Been actually meaning to read more comics, but they're not as easy to get my hands on as manga if you know what I mean.

Not gonna lie, watching the ending of GoT is gonna take a bit of the steam out of the ending of ASOIAF for me even though I know the details leading up to the conclusion is going to be way different. I've moved onto other book series.

Been actually meaning to read more comics, but they're not as easy to get my hands on as manga if you know what I mean.

The way I understand it though is though is Game of Thrones ends with WOW but ADOS is a continuation I could be way off though.... GRRM needs to hurry these books up, he's no spring chicken and I'd hate for them to not get finished...

if Gendry is somehow on top after the smoke clears this is the worst ending for an epic show.. I would say worst than LOST

Reactions: Ube
if Gendry is somehow on top after the smoke clears this is the worst ending for an epic show.. I would say worst than LOST

I might have to agree (mainly because he's been such a low key character) Lost was pretty bad...I could see Jon sacrificing himself to save the men, or finding out that Cersei and Robert were actually his parents and surrendering the throne to him, but that's hard to grasp too since he's calling Dani queen now... Cersei did claim to have a black haired boy that died, and he said his mother had golden blonde hair, but that flashback with the witch prophecy kinda blows that theory up... l liked his character, but like I've said they didn't build it nearly enough for him to be sitting on the throne once this is over.

Off topic a bit, and It wasn't nearly as epic or long lived as GOT or Lost so not sure if any of you watched it. As of now Penny Dreadful tops my list of worst endings. I normally go back and binge a show in entirety once it ends, but I refuse to watch that still to this date...it was even worse that no one really knew it was ending I was ticked.

The ending to Penny Dreadful seemed appropriate. Vanessa didn’t have many options. Plus her story was done and a spin-off could’ve been made if they wanted to.

nah, lost even with the slow killing the last 2 seasons..

STILL found a way to kick you in the nuts at the very end.. plus factor in all the time spent outside of the show reading or looking up shhhh trying to find every single detail

:smh:

I didn't even watch from day or hell, I think I didn't start watching til after season 3.. so I binged the first 3 seasons.. and even I felt like them dudes robbed me because of time invested

I might have to agree (mainly because he's been such a low key character) Lost was pretty bad...I could see Jon sacrificing himself to save the men, or finding out that Cersei and Robert were actually his parents and surrendering the throne to him, but that's hard to grasp too since he's calling Dani queen now... Cersei did claim to have a black haired boy that died, and he said his mother had golden blonde hair, but that flashback with the witch prophecy kinda blows that theory up... l liked his character, but like I've said they didn't build it nearly enough for him to be sitting on the throne once this is over.

:wow:

Penny Dreadful's ending was fine if it was just a season finale and not a series finale.

I've come to accept it.

Penny Dreadful's ending was fine if it was just a season finale and not a series finale.

I've come to accept it.

Looking at it that way, I can see your point. I really should go back and watch it again, when it was in its prime it was a top 5 show of mine. Maybe I'm just salty it ended, not at how it ended. shogun shogun & Master Zik Master Zik we're you as cought off guard that it was a series finale, or was I just that oblivious (I should have suspected with a shortened season)? I had no idea, until I started googling season 4 after that last episode that it was done....

Before that season started I was keeping tabs on its future since there were rumblings it may be cancelled.

Apparently the creator always intended the series to only go for that many seasons. I'mm just not sure that it came to the most satisfying conclusion.

I was not happy it was ending at all. Storylines with Gray, Frankenstein and his monsters, and of course Vanessa could've gone further. Plus there's so many more other supernatural folklore to adapt.

And yeah, we didnt know until after it wss over that was the end of the series. For a time it wss up in the air along with rumors it may be canceled and then the creator did an interview saying it had ended and that's how he planned it.

Unfortunately we didnt make a Penny Dreadful thread I think but it was discussed heavily in the movie/tv thread during the time off and on.

Last edited:
I was not happy it was ending at all. Storylines with Gray, Frankenstein and d his monsters, and of course Vanessa could've gone further. Plus there's so many more other supernatural folklore to adapt.

I 100% agree with this statement. They wouldn't need to spinoff anything, even if they did kill off Vanessa way too many things they could have have explored...

Dexter finale is what happens when writer’s get tons of White Castle and decide to just **** on the audience.

I was lightweight drunk when I watched it. I had to rewatch it the morning after cause I thought I didn't know what the @$%@ I watched, and the experience was still the same :lol: The last few seasons were all pretty bad, but the final one...man that incest and lumberjack nonsense was too much :lol:

Lost :frown:

What could have been.

Still Lost Season 1-5 is still some of the best and most addictive TV I can remember.

Lost had me hooked, lined and sinker like 2-3 episodes in :smh: I rushed home from work and binged like 4-5 hours a night on primewire.

That last season though was some straight up nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom