OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Started my rewatch of the entire series last week. Just finished EP 9 last night when they captured Jaimie and going to finish season 1 tonight.

I didn't read any of the books so seeing Ned get the axe back then and now still trips me out on how they really killed the main character :lol:

I'm on Ep 7 of season 1 for the re watch. I remember my tattoo artist back in July of 2011 told me I needed to get down with Thrones.

I caught up and after that Ned episode I texted him and said... "fam what in the world type **** is this?" I've been hooked ever since.

I don't know if you guys have ever discussed it, but Jamie is the character who has gone thru the most change, is that correct?

Cersei has been a c word from jump, still is.
Jon been honorable from jump, still is.
Arya was always a little bad ***, still is.
Sansa has simply matured/aged.
Bronn always been Bronn.
Brienne always been the same.
Hound has always been the same.
Tyrion has changed a little bit.
Danerys always been the same, just growing/aging.
Baelish always gonna Baelish.

But Jamie, he came out the gate cocky as ****, talkin trash to Ned. Arrogant, douchy, spoiled, runnin with the pub from killing the mad King from behind, like his sister.

But then he's captured, and loses his hand, he starts to chill. He is cool to Brienne. Saves her. He saves his brother. Now he wants to help the North fight the White Walkers, despite Cersei saying no. I loathed him early, but then noticed he was cool a couple times I didn't expect, then got a little cocky again, then totally turned and made me actually like his character quite a bit more. I don't remember swinging back and forth on any other characters like that. I came around on some characters, like grew to like them a little more, but with Jamie, I swung back and forth from scene to scene seemingly.

Am I way off based?

I would say Theon changed the most......

They omitted the Tower of Joy flashback from Season 1. That comes from Ned's dream. Although, the books haven't gone that deep into Bloodraven and Bran just yet, so they might go more in depth on the Tower of Joy in the next book(s).

I was hooked since the premiere but when Ned caught the fade, I knew I had to read the books. Ned is the archetype hero and he gets whacked for the hell of it after being forced to lie and embarrassing himself.

You dead to me with that new avy kingkoopa kingkoopa

0d132dc55d722c3004b4380b1e408cf0_crop_exact.png

Reek been through it too.

Seems as though he's changed his selfish, cowardly ways. At least it was portrayed as though he turned the page on his past f**kery.

Yeah until it was time to save his ugly sister from his trash uncle.

Dany was trying to learn how to rule in Slaver's Bay before going to conquer Westeros, gotta remember in the book how young Dany is. When she first gets with Khal Drogo she's only like 12 and even now she's probably still a teenager trying to learn how to be a ruler

Her lineage for 1, she's the last known living Valyrian Dragonlord house princess. Her valyrian beauty is another.

She got slutted out for her first army.

She used her dragons to steal her second army.

No one has followed her at will.

Tyrion came to her as a refugee.

Yeah except most gave no dambs about the sister of the begging prince far away from Westeros. Khal Drogo died and his army left her. Then she constantly got disrespected by men until she had her dragons kill people. Those dragons mean power and death. No one else had one until the night king took one.

She got slutted out for her first army.

She used her dragons to steal her second army.

No one has followed her at will.

Tyrion came to her as a refugee.

Second sons
Dorne and The Iron Islands
The North with Jon

All the Dothraki crossed the Seas for the first time for her :lol:

She outsmarted ol dude for the Unsullied and saying Tyrion was just a refugee is selling it way short

Second sons
The North with Jon

She outsmarted ol dude for the Unsullied and saying Tyrion was just a refugee is selling it way short

Second Sons wanted the yambs

Iron Islands weren't with her, just a couple scared traitors.

Iron Islands belong to Cersi.

Dont remember Dorne ever coming to her. They just wanted revenge.

And Jon came to her for dragon glass then moist up her draws and she came to him. :evil:

And now he can debate where he went wrong with stannis
When we fighting

I don't know if you guys have ever discussed it, but Jamie is the character who has gone thru the most change, is that correct?

Cersei has been a c word from jump, still is.
Jon been honorable from jump, still is.
Arya was always a little bad ***, still is.
Sansa has simply matured/aged.
Bronn always been Bronn.
Brienne always been the same.
Hound has always been the same.
Tyrion has changed a little bit.
Danerys always been the same, just growing/aging.
Baelish always gonna Baelish.

But Jamie, he came out the gate cocky as ****, talkin trash to Ned. Arrogant, douchy, spoiled, runnin with the pub from killing the mad King from behind, like his sister.

But then he's captured, and loses his hand, he starts to chill. He is cool to Brienne. Saves her. He saves his brother. Now he wants to help the North fight the White Walkers, despite Cersei saying no. I loathed him early, but then noticed he was cool a couple times I didn't expect, then got a little cocky again, then totally turned and made me actually like his character quite a bit more. I don't remember swinging back and forth on any other characters like that. I came around on some characters, like grew to like them a little more, but with Jamie, I swung back and forth from scene to scene seemingly.

Am I way off based?

Youre right. He was my favorite to read in the books. The one thing the show did well was actually portray his emotions on screen.
Non book readers dont understand the real strife he went through sense he was kid.
He was always who he was but he got such a bad rep After the Aerys thing. Which was crazy hypocritcal on neds part sense he was there to break the kings oath himself.

Hound and Jamie changed bro.

both humbled and more understanding.

Especially the hound. Dude was terrible at one point. Remember he killed that little girls dad for some pocket change.

Brienne humbled that boy.
I dont agree with the hound humbled. He liked killing but he liked killing his enemies. After he got beat everyone thought he was dead. There was no reason to kill anymore reallyagreed

I don’t know if he’s really changed all that much. He did everything in support of his family first and foremost. He came off as a **** because he would go against Ned and other characters we cared about, but if you look at it from his perspective then he’s always gonna put the lion first.

I do agree with you that the hand off did humble him, but if he didn’t have the hand in season 1 I think his character would have still been the same.

But I think he is the most complex character of the show since he has ties to characters we both love and hate.
agreed
Reek been through it too.

Seems as though he's changed his selfish, cowardly ways. At least it was portrayed as though he turned the page on his past f**kery.
He didnt change on his own he was broken..big difference.

What’s she suppose to do tho when she’s coming for the Throne? Ask nicely?

From her perspective the throne is hers by right, so she’s going to come off as aggressive since it was taken away from her family.
She was told over and over again the thronwle was won on a rebellion and thats how the 7 kingdoms works

Season 1 is book 1 basically page for page. I can’t think of anything of consequence they changed for the show
Just the fever dreams and some cat stuff.

Second sons
The North with Jon

She burned down the dothrakis sacred. Temple to them shes a witch with powers
And....the dragons

Outsmarted......lmao stop it. She played him. But i wouldnt call it outsmarted.
And yes tyrion was a refugee

She hustled dude for the Unsullied and she did offer anyone the option to shake out and have freedom if that is what they desired. So, they are all there on their own decision.

I just assume the Dothraki got the same treatment when she took over.

Last edited:
The unsullied are castrated but have fighting skills. Might as well stay with the army that has dragons.

Back
Top Bottom