OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just got through the last episode of GoT on my second watchthrough.

So if dragons can melt stone with their breath like Balerion did to harrenhall (usually around 2750 F but ranges from 2000-3700) why didnt Viserion and Rhaegal melt their steel chains? Steel melts at around 2500 F. Iron at 2750.

Are they not old/big enough to have such an intense flame?

I just got through the last episode of GoT on my second watchthrough.

So if dragons can melt stone with their breath like Balerion did to harrenhall (usually around 2750 F but ranges from 2000-3700) why didnt Viserion and Rhaegal melt their steel chains? Steel melts at around 2500 F. Iron at 2750.

Are they not old/big enough to have such an intense flame?

correct :lol:

Think of the size intensity and force coming from a bigger dragon than a smaller. Think if when she was in Qarth. Her baby dragons werent going to burn down the city

I wasnt sure if size mattered when making the flame.

The size of a snake doesnt effect the poison....... i think.

That would be a great point but for fire-breathing Dragons being 100% mythical. GRRM can make the size of the flame depend on anything he wants. Could be how many goats the dragon eats for breakfast.

Not trying to be an *******, but there's some things with fantasy stories that there's not much point in applying normal logic to.

That would be a great point but for fire-breathing Dragons being 100% mythical. GRRM can make the size of the flame depend on anything he wants. Could be how many goats the dragon eats for breakfast.

Not trying to be an *******, but there's some things with fantasy stories that there's not much point in applying normal logic to.

You tell your kids their is no santa claus as soon as they can talk dont you...

Lol im joking with you

Think of the size intensity and force coming from a bigger dragon than a smaller. Think if when she was in Qarth. Her baby dragons werent going to burn down the city

I was thinking of that but that but wasnt sure if they just didnt know how to torch yet if that makes sense. By comparison a bird needs to learn how to fly. Their first few attempts are usually just gliding

I was thinking of that but that but wasnt sure if they just didnt know how to torch yet if that makes sense. By comparison a bird needs to learn how to fly. Their first few attempts are usually just gliding

I see what you're saying.

but yea Balerion was able to destroy Harrenhall because he was just massive and the pure force of those flames... but then think of how Rhaeny's couldn't take Dorne with her Dragon.

Last edited:
I don't think it was mentioned why. I just remember reading they died off.

Would like to know what percentage of the world's dragon population were killed at the Doom of Valyria.

I don't think it was mentioned why. I just remember reading they died off.

Would like to know what percentage of the world's dragon population were killed at the Doom of Valyria.
Only a handful right because only dude and his family escaped.

^
Yeah, I just looked it up on wiki and it said people thought all the dragons were killed when Valyria was destroyed but then the Targaryens unleashed their dragons around a 100 years later. Whatever destroyed Valyria didn't reach Dragonstone where they were chilling. They probably had a few small dragons and eggs in their posession.

Last edited:
how were the dragons wiped out?

was that evver touched on in depth? feel like theres no way i could have missed it

it was revealed in the book they were wiped out in the Valyrian civil war except for the handful that escaped. The last dragons survived something 200-300 years after the doom of valyria.

Last edited:
^
Yeah, I just looked it up on wiki and it said people thought all the dragons were killed when Valyria was destroyed but then the Targaryens unleashed their dragons around a 100 years later. Whatever destroyed Valyria didn't reach Dragonstone where they were chilling. They probably had a few small dragons and eggs in their posession.

The way I understood it they flew away from Valyria with their dragons and those dragons survived due to their long lifespan. Balerion died at over 300 years old. I couldnt tell you where the eggs that hatched Danys dragons came from.

Last edited:

how were the dragons wiped out?

was that evver touched on in depth? feel like theres no way i could have missed it
it was revealed in the book they were wiped out in the Valyrian civil war except for the handful that escaped. The last dragons survived something 200-300 years after the doom of valyria.
but how?

Harpoons? posion meat? Megazords?

book readers if im asking for spoilers stop me pls

Last edited:
It's mentioned in depth in the short stories grrm released in those collections... Dangerous women & rogues

basically they were wiped out completely from targaryens fighting each other and in Kings landing they were penned up in their quarters and the smallfolk rallied and took them out

The way I understood it they flew away from Valyria with their dragons and those dragons survived due to their long lifespan. Balerion died at over 300 years old. I couldnt tell you where the eggs that hatched Danys dragons came from.
Maybe theyre Balerions seeds

Thats why Drogon is such a savage 
nerd.gif

but how?

Harpoons? posion meat? Megazords?

book readers if im asking for spoilers stop me pls

It was a war. Two camps were fighting each other over who should be king/queen. When they settled on a king the dragons were borderline extinct. Targaryans were able to hold on to their rule because of wildfyre

Also this definitely fine to talk about. The Valyrian civil war would be far too expensive for HBO. They are struggling with 3 dragons. In ancient valyria you couldnt throw a rock without accidentally hitting a dragon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom