OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was about to
sick.gif
but IIRC, you're a female
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Jamie is that dude, hope he gets revenge on that POS who did you know what to him.
**** Jaimie, he's an incestuous child crippler. Nothing in the books or acted out on the show will ever make me feel he's got or deserved redemption. Don't care what position the mad king put him in.

He's decided to be who he is. Now he's finally getting some consequences for it.

**** Jaimie, he's an incestuous child crippler. Nothing in the books or acted out on the show will ever make me feel he's got or deserved redemption. Don't care what position the mad king put him in.

He's decided to be who he is. Now he's finally getting some consequences for it.
Hold that grudge tight my man
laugh.gif

Jamie is that dude, hope he gets revenge on that POS who did you know what to him.

the incestuous thing is whatever. the targaeryans did it etc. now the bran tossing, i mean it had to happen. Bran spilling the beans wouldve destroyed the royal family. Besides that, he really didnt do anything that bad. Ned's wife kidnapped tyrion, so his reaction was understandable imo

I'm with you on that. No sympathy for the kingslayer

I have no sympathy for him either but he's a really interesting character. I'm looking forward to seeing his story the rest of this season. It was weird when he fainted in the bath and Brienne was holding him like a baby. She's what, 6-3? Jaime's probably 6'0-6'1. If I was tired, I'd have her carry me around.

The Lord's Kiss
roll.gif

Im calling it that in real life from now on
My friend and I always laugh when we talk about that scene in the book :lol:.

She was going to say he knows nothing again then bam, she shuts up real quick in the episode yesterday.

That redhead wildling knows nothing about that :smokin. Jon's not a Lord so his version should be called the Bastard's Bearded Kiss or something weird like that.

Jaime is my favorite character in the books so I'm bias. Is he a perfect dude? No. And that's why I like his character infinitely more than Ned.

He had his reasons for making the decisions he made. Are they valid reasons? That's debatable depending on which perspective you're looking at it. He chucked Bran out of the window for his love of Cersei (who doesn't love him like her loves her), to save his house honor, and to save his own ***. He saved Kings landing from being burned to the ground by wildfire and took the hit to his integrity in the process which he'll carry with him for forever. The grey area of his character is such a compelling thing for me in the books. It's the same reason why I like Melisandre because I don't think she's a "bad guy" character I think she's legitimately a "good guy" character that uses bad actions for good intentions.

Last edited:
The Lord's Kiss
roll.gif

Im calling it that in real life from now on
My friend and I always laugh when we talk about that scene in the book
laugh.gif

She was going to say he knows nothing again then bam, she shuts up real quick in the episode yesterday.

That redhead wildling knows nothing about that
smokin.gif
. Jon's not a Lord so his version should be called the Bastard's Bearded Kiss or something weird like that.
Yea I REALLY need to grab that book. Make time and read it

the incestuous thing is whatever. the targaeryans did it etc. now the bran tossing, i mean it had to happen. Bran spilling the beans wouldve destroyed the royal family. Besides that, he really didnt do anything that bad. Ned's wife kidnapped tyrion, so his reaction was understandable imo
No it didn't HAVE to happen. Anybody trying to rationalize that scene as something one should do is ******g crazy. **** the Targaeryans too if they get down like that. If Danerys was willingly giving it up to her brother I wouldn't like her character much either or if her brother was raping her it'd just be another reason to dislike him.

Notice you're saying he had to do that when he's just a child that might have started a rumor, he'd be silenced by his pops or that old elder that got killed. Jaime basically crippled him for no reason seeing as the secret still gets out anyway.

That last part you must be confused about. Jaime pushed Bran out the window at the end of the 1st ep. Catheryn didn't temporarily hold Tyrion hostage until after Bran was already crippled and after he was almost assassinated. So no there was nothing reasonable about what Jaime did and it was not a reaction to that.
I have no sympathy for him either but he's a really interesting character. I'm looking forward to seeing his story the rest of this season. It was weird when he fainted in the bath and Brienne was holding him like a baby. She's what, 6-3? Jaime's probably 6'0-6'1. If I was tired, I'd have her carry me around.
No doubt he's interesting and the actor is good but I have no sympathy for dude.

Jaime is my favorite character in the books so I'm bias. Is he a perfect dude? No. And that's why I like his character infinitely more than Ned.

He had his reasons for making the decisions he made. Are they valid reasons? That's debatable depending on which perspective you're looking at it. He chucked Bran out of the window for his love of Cersei (who doesn't love him like her loves her), to save his house honor, and to save his own ***. He saved Kings landing from being burned to the ground by wildfire and took the hit to his integrity in the process which he'll carry with him for forever. The grey area of his character is such a compelling thing for me in the books. It's the same reason why I like Melisandre because I don't think she's a "bad guy" character I think she's legitimately a "good guy" character that uses bad actions for good intentions.
I'm with you on Melisandre but she's not the same as Jaime. He's not a good guy character doing bad things cuz of good intentions. Dude is a twisted **** that no longer has his honor (and may have gave it up for good reason). To me though there is no perspective for throwing a child out a window to cover up your wrongdoings. House honor is ********, he's scared of his dad like the rest of them, he did it to save his *** only. Thing is he already dishonored his house the second he started stroking Cersi's cheeks. There aint no valid reasons for smashing her or throwing Bran out the window cuz he got caught. It's the typical thing a criminal does, kill the witness, coverup the crime.

So yeah he may have been good at one point, the whole saving the city from the mad king but after not explaining himself or just thinking nobody would listen to him and had already judged him he started becoming that traitorous a-hole everybody thought he was.

Hold that grudge tight my man :lol:
:lol: Like I been saying I can't wait til he dies. R.R. Martin need to get his mind right and kill him in the most gruesome way possible.

Last edited:
No it didn't HAVE to happen. Anybody trying to rationalize that scene as something one should do is ******g crazy.
I don't think people are trying to rationalize it to make it seem like it was okay for him to do it, but they just saying why he did it, its not like he did that for fun or on a regular basis. He crossed the line there. Killing Mad King I have no problem with, losing his honor or not.

There are far worse people than Jamie out there, but Jamie definitely isn't on the good side.
I mean Tywin and Robert slaughtered babies. Even Ned knew that Cersei's kids life was in danger which is he tried to talk her into living the city before he told Robert the truth. Just this episode, completely innocent Lannister children were killed with stupid justifications. There's a lot of F'ed up horrible people in this series, Jamie is one of them but he ain't the epitome of evil.

Forgot to mention, Catelyn looked good with her hair down this episode. I dig it..

Watched the episode again today and the only real problem I've had with Robb's storyline so far is how uninvolved the Blackfish is. I know he's only just been introduced but he's supposed to be his most trusted member of the war council. But instead, they have Edmure there when he's deciding what to do to Karstark.

what with all the hate about jamie. besides the incest, i dont see whats wrong with him. and even that, isnt that bad for the time. i mean all the targaryens did it, and everyone loves them.

but all jamie lannister did try murder someone to save their house. EVERYONE in the series does it. the sack of kings landing tywin and robert wrecked the city, killing waay more children than just one, and everyone loves them.

Watched the episode again today and the only real problem I've had with Robb's storyline so far is how uninvolved the Blackfish is. I know he's only just been introduced but he's supposed to be his most trusted member of the war council. But instead, they have Edmure there when he's deciding what to do to Karstark.

They tend to simplify stuff and keep it characters to minimum.

Assuming you have read books:
I think the only reason they are using Edmure more is because they want all the viewers to know the characters involved in Red Wedding better. With the minimal scenes we get of Robb, it would be tough to get enough lines/screentime for Catelyn, Edmure, Blackfish and Jeyne. Blackfish just got short end of stick I guess. We'll see more of Blackfish when he is holding Riverrun I'm sure(next season and/or one after)

Robert never killed any children though, he made sure that blood was on the hands of someone else.
I think Robert would have done it himself if he was there. Either way ordering it and doing it, not much a difference.

Even in season 1 when Ned was going to tell Robert about the incest children(before he came back from trip near death), he tried to help Cersei by telling her to get out of city with her children, so Robert wouldn't kill them.

Last edited:
Can't wait for that stupid King in the North to die. This oaf hasn't learned a thing from his Father's death. There's a thin line between being honorable and stupid, and he just crossed it.

I'm with you on that. No sympathy for the kingslayer

This. But I will admit...dude is becoming the most compelling character of this season.

Back
Top Bottom