Official GRAMMY Nominations Kanye w/ 8, Jay-Z & Timberlake w/ 5

Originally Posted by FlyDaily

Crank That (Soulja Boy)
Soulja Boy Tell'Em, songwriter (Soulja Boy Tell'Em)
[Collipark/Interscope Records]

indifferent.gif

i was thinking the same thing

Originally Posted by jomitm

Crank That (Soulja Boy)
Soulja Boy Tell'Em, songwriter (Soulja Boy Tell'Em)
[Collipark/Interscope Records]

indifferent.gif
word. the grammys just lost some credibility...
tired.gif

now soulja boy gonna have 'grammy-nominated' when he sells his weed plate cd. matter fact 'weed plate' is too good of a term for his trash.

i ain't mad or anythin...it's just sad...you'd expect the grammys to be the most prestigious music award and this dude got nominated for that
smh.gif

When have the Grammy's ever really had any credibility, especially within Hip-Hop? I don't see how anyone takes them seriously. It is no lessa popularity contest than the MTV Video Awards. Make it rain is really one of the best rap songs this year? Really???
eyes.gif

^ yeah man..im pretty happy....a developing artist like myself going to the grammys....should be a good experience

I did not see one John Legend nomination
And Alicia Keys only got 2??

i dunno bout these garmmys man...

The Grammy's are worthless when it comes to hip-hop/rap. No one takes them seriously.

Soulja Boy being nominated for a GRAMMY is too funny, I want to hear his acceptance speach.

I did not see one John Legend nomination
And Alicia Keys only got 2??
Legend didn't get it because his album was released right after last year's nomination deadline, so he had to wait a full year to getnominated but by that time, everyone forgets about older stuff and nominates the newer stuff.

as for alicia, her album was ehhhh so i'm not too mad about that.

You know it's been a bad year for rap when Kingdom Come and TI vs. TIP are among the top 5 rap albums

Alicia missed the cut off date for nominations just like Legend did last year.

Justin's record came out right at the cutoff last year, and was actually nominated for some high accolades last year, but lost them all. Sexyback and MyLove won some singles awards though.

Originally Posted by Beats05

Alicia missed the cut off date for nominations just like Legend did last year.

Justin's record came out right at the cutoff last year, and was actually nominated for some high accolades last year, but lost them all. Sexyback and My Love won some singles awards though.

It was nominated for album of the year.

Kanye needs to win at least 4 to!*$$!. OMG if he wins album of the year though. I'd pay good money just to hear that speech.

If Soulja Boy wins Best Rap Song,which is a songwriter's award...over Kanye,5O AND T.I.....oh man....

You say the Grammy loses credibility, as if they had credibility to begin with.
Remember, its the same award show who gave Ludacris the album of the year, last year and Money Maker was song of the year.

Back
Top Bottom