Official: GTA VI Thread: Trailer 1 Out Now: 2025 Release Window: PS5 Series X & Series Confirmed: PC Release Maybe By 2026

Will you buy GTA V For PS4 OR XBOX ONE

• Yes: I waited out and skipped GTA V For PS3 & XBOX 360

Votes: 24 16.3%
  • Yes: I love the game and will be gladly double dip on the game

Votes: 105 71.4%
  • No: I'm waiting for the PC version of the game to come out

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • No: I hated GTA Online and will never trust R* again

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • No: GTA games aren't my type of games and I'll stick to other games like COD: AW, Assassins Creed Un

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters
That's cool man and I respect that.

But on the flip side I look at it this way. You say you don't have or want to spend the ends of $200 bills on a console and copy of the game.

The question though is your current PC setup even up to date tech wise to run GTA V at it's max optimized glorious PC settings that R* will recommend ? I bet probably not. Yes I know R* hasn't even announced a PC version or it's tech requirements.

I know first hand from my younger days when I really was into PC gaming and built my own PC gaming desktops that $200 bills is nothing and won't be enough for a high end PC GPU or memory upgrade for your gaming desktop or laptop.
Another reason for me to get it on console (after modding Fallout 3/New Vegas/Skyrim/Far Cry 3 I'm a bit tired of it).

Don't wanna go through that hassle.
laugh.gif

I seen some people complaining about the driving , I'm starting to think people don't believe in using brakes or their driving just sucks in games. The driving is way better than most driving games that are out & is a huge improvement from GTA IV. Btw I really hate the wanted system in this smh

I'm holding out for the PS4 version. I can't find it in myself to cop on PS3/4 and PC. Thats $200 on the same game :x
I guess you're right. But the last thing I heard about a PC version was that people were petitioning for it. If it were a guaranteed release, I assumed people wouldn't be making such an uproar about it right now. I figured it just wasn't dropping for PC this time around.

Just going to have to stick it out though.

That's cool man and I respect that.

But on the flip side I look at it this way. You say you don't have or want to spend the ends of $200 bills on a console and copy of the game.

The question though is your current PC setup even up to date tech wise to run GTA V at it's max optimized glorious PC settings that R* will recommend ? I bet probably not. Yes I know R* hasn't even announced a PC version or it's tech requirements.

I know first hand from my younger days when I really was into PC gaming and built my own PC gaming desktops that $200 bills is nothing and won't be enough for a high end PC GPU or memory upgrade for your gaming desktop or laptop.

Its not that I don't have the $200, its that I wouldn't feel right buying the same game 3 times over. Feel me? If its not dropping for PS4, then I'll cop for PS3. But if its dropping 6+ months later down the line on PC then I ultimately only want to buy it for one console, and I would rather buy it for the better console out of the two. Even if there's still a little wait for that console to release.

And my computer runs games pretty well. I run Skyrim on Max settings with tons of graphics mods/texture mods draining more memory so I figure GTA won't be any different. I also run 2k13 with fxaa/enb and was even running Battlefield 3 maxed out with fxaa. I don't take much of a FPS hit at all either. If I do, its very minimal, not even enough to notice while playing.

I would just rather have the PC version because its moldable/more expandable than the console version. I'm one of those mod guys who can't play without some type of game enhancement :smh: :lol:

Damb I was planning on installing that joint too
mean.gif

I hate how the smallest scratches on Xbox disks hinder you from installing. My Skyrim won't install past 31% and now that **** wont even play
just rent or borrow the game.

dl it, then use the scratched disc to play the game.

any stream of someone going crazy with the wanted level i wanna see some on the run fun :nerd:

Last edited:
Its not that I don't have the $200, its that I wouldn't feel right buying the same game 3 times over. Feel me? If its not dropping for PS4, then I'll cop for PS3. But if its dropping 6+ months later down the line on PC then I ultimately only want to buy it for one console, and I would rather buy it for the better console out of the two. Even if there's still a little wait for that console to release.

And my computer runs games pretty well. I run Skyrim on Max settings with tons of graphics mods/texture mods draining more memory so I figure GTA won't be any different. I also run 2k13 with fxaa/enb and was even running Battlefield 3 maxed out with fxaa. I don't take much of a FPS hit at all either. If I do, its very minimal, not even enough to notice while playing.

I would just rather have the PC version because its moldable/more expandable than the console version. I'm one of those mod guys who can't play without some type of game enhancement :smh: :lol:

Cool man.

I totally hear & see where you are coming from.

Hopefully if a PS4 version comes out R* will do a upgrade program similar to what EA is doing with Madden where you trade in your PS3 version and get $40 credit and pay $10 for the PS4 version.

Really though that thing about code being found on the XBOX 360 version with "Orbis" code name for PS4's OS is just a rumor at this point.

If anything I really can see R* doing a PC version but for PS4 & Xbone they will bring GTA Online over and not release the full game next gen ports.

Whats up Niketalk with the Crews for PS3 looking to join a few.. find me on R* Social Club Karkouki is my nickname

Last edited:
It's crazy that basically the day has come for this to drop. I remember seeing the first trailer in 2011 and the rumors of it dropping the following spring. Can't wait till I get off work tomorrow so I can tune out the world :lol:

Cool man.

Hopefully if a PS4 version comes out R* will do a upgrade program similar to what EA is doing with Madden where you trade in your PS3 version and get $40 credit and pay $10 for the PS4 version.

Really though that thing about code being found on the XBOX 360 version with "Orbis" code name for PS4's OS is just a rumor at this point.

If anything I really can see R* doing a PC version but for PS4 & Xbone they will bring GTA Online over and not release the full game next gen ports.

If they do something similar to EA, it wouldn't be bad money spent.

With all of the GTA V video's I'm watching today, I might just cave in and buy it for PS3 :smh:

Playing this will definitely hold me over until the PS4 launch, and with all the games coming out for that, I probably wouldn't have as much time as I would like to play this anyways by then. So getting it for this console might just be the smarter move.

I'm thinking too much :smh: I should just buy the damn game

With all of the GTA V video's I'm watching today, I might just cave in and buy it for PS3 :smh:

Playing this will definitely hold me over until the PS4 launch, and with all the games coming out for that, I probably wouldn't have as much time as I would like to play this anyways by then. So getting it for this console might just be the smarter move.

$269 really isn't a bad deal for the 500GB Super Slim PS3 & GTA V bundle.It also comes with a 30 day free trial of Plyastation Plus.

Or you can hit up craigslist and cop a PS3 Slim for like $120 to $160 then get the game.

If you go the craigslist route I would recommend staying away from any of the older FAT model PS3's.

Last edited:
My local GameStop isn't handing our the tickets till 10. They're having drinks and snacks and they're playing Scarrface on their TVs.

I would just rather have the PC version because its moldable/more expandable than the console version. I'm one of those mod guys who can't play without some type of game enhancement
mean.gif
laugh.gif
THIS.

Im going to be getting GTA V at midnight, but this computer im typing on now is a rig I just built a month and a half ago.

PC gaming > console gaming by far.. But since I've been on consoles for the past 17 years im just naturally inclined to gravitate towards consoles over PC.

Skyrim on PC is
pimp.gif

In terms of tonight though... My body is ready. About to take a nap now so im not completely drained for class tomorrow.

I would just rather have the PC version because its moldable/more expandable than the console version. I'm one of those mod guys who can't play without some type of game enhancement
mean.gif
laugh.gif
Cool man.

With all of the GTA V video's I'm watching today, I might just cave in and buy it for PS3
mean.gif

I'm thinking too much
mean.gif
I should just buy the damn game
DO IT!

USP says Ill have it by 1030am tomorrow 
smokin.gif

$269 really isn't a bad deal for the 500GB Super Slim PS3 & GTA V bundle.It also comes with a 30 day free trial of Plyastation Plus.

Or you can hit up craigslist and cop a PS3 Slim for like $120 to $160 then get the game.

If you go the craigslist route I would recommend staying away from any of the older FAT model PS3's.

Oh, I already have a PS3. I was just hoping I wasn't going to have to buy the game on PS3 PS4 and PC.

I got the old fattie model :pimp:

Been running strong for 5 years now :smokin

Oh, I already have a PS3. I was just hoping I wasn't going to have to buy the game on PS3 PS4 and PC.

I got the old fattie model :pimp:

Been running strong for 5 years now :smokin

Since your getting it for PS3 and it's this late. You might be able to still pre order from your local Best Buy.You'll get the atomic blimp DLC code and a $10 rewards zone cert for pre ordering the game.It's a $20 reward zone cert if you are subscribed to the yearly gamers unlocked rewards zone program.

Last edited:
Just said F it to the PS4 and pre-ordered the PS3 Bundle for tonight lolol.

I JUST put in the pre-order to Best Buy online and my question is, do I have to wait for the e-mail that says it's available for pick up, or can I just show up hoping that they have processed my order?

For those that pre-ordered at Best Buy, have you guys received your e-mail that it's available for pickup?

Back
Top Bottom