Official: GTA VI Thread: Trailer 1 Out Now: PS5 Series X & Series Confirmed: Tentative Release Window Fall 2025

Will you buy GTA V For PS4 OR XBOX ONE

• Yes: I waited out and skipped GTA V For PS3 & XBOX 360

Votes: 24 16.3%
  • Yes: I love the game and will be gladly double dip on the game

Votes: 105 71.4%
  • No: I'm waiting for the PC version of the game to come out

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • No: I hated GTA Online and will never trust R* again

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • No: GTA games aren't my type of games and I'll stick to other games like COD: AW, Assassins Creed Un

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters
But why wasn't it as fun?

GTA 4 was a step forward for the franchise IMO. It finally got "serious". It's introduction of "realism" might not be liked by everyone, but I enjoyed it.

Because a lot NT'ers and other people expected it to be a gangsta style GTA game like San Andreas.

There's a bunch of people who approach R* made games with the mindset of "oh it's probably like a GTA game" then get disappointed when it's not like San Andreas or Vice City.

Also the people who bought GTA IV simply because it got perfect 10 scores from nearly every major gaming website and gaming magazine.

Last edited:
But why wasn't it as fun?

GTA 4 was a step forward for the franchise IMO. It finally got "serious". It's introduction of "realism" might not be liked by everyone, but I enjoyed it.

The realism and seriousness made it less fun and I never got into the characters/story

The whole GTA concept isn't realistic so why try to make the game more realistic?

Still don't get why people complain about the driving in GTA 4.

There was nothing wrong with it. Is it because you couldn't take 90 degree turns at 120 mph?

GTA 4 in general was a solid game.

One of the best of the generation.
Actually there is. It's too "realistic."

The motocycling in the game sucked so bad that they had to patch it.

I'm used to the driving in gta4, but I know that it could be much better.

If gtav has driving mechanics like in forza horizon, I'll be satisfied.

But I HIGHLY doubt that.

Yeah, I agree that the motorcycle riding sucked. I did get use to it though.

Would you say GTA driving is more "realistic" than Horizon's?

Excited for this. Haven't played GTA since Vice City.
I honestly feel bad for you. The 2 player mode on their was the truth.
nthat.gif

i spent countless hours flying in planes while playing split screen with my cousin

I actually liked GTA 4's driving and liked that everything was much more realistic. The only thing I didn't like about it was there were no odd jobs, liked odd jobs in past games because once you complete them you got upgrades

Reserved the collectors edition yesterday also.

I'm now seriously thinking about reserving a 2nd CE at another local gamestop in my town to hold onto and resell a couple months down the road.

It helps that I have 2 Gamestop stores in my neighborhood that are literally right a cross the street from me :lol:

GTA IV's CE if you have it in factory mint condition or even in just "Very Good" condition still resells for a lot nowadays.
u live in mira mesa too :nerd: well ur probably Filipino

>:  that would really piss me off if true

Why ?

If you and other people are so concerned about seeing a next gen prettier version of GTA V.Then wait for the eventual PC release.

As for GTA VI or whatever the next gen GTA is called.Let them cook and take 5 years or longer.While R* gives us Agent, a new Bully game, and possibly a sequel to Red Dead Redemption.

R* ain't on that Activison lifestyle where they have to yearly rehash their biggest game franchise (Call Of Duty) just to make $$$.

Also if their plan is this:

Rockstar Wants to Put All Grand Theft Auto Cities in One Game

Rockstar would eventually like to create one Grand Theft Auto game with all previous cities from the series. In an interview with Digital Trends, Rockstar North head Leslie Benzies said he envisions players being able to travel back and forth to revisit places they explored in past games.

“Of course at some point we would like to have one big world containing all our cities and let the player fly between them and revisit their favorite areas,” Benzies said. “In that context re-imagining Vice City would be very interesting.”

On the subject of Vice City returning as a future setting, Benzies said “it is always a possibility. There are a few references to the city in our current-gen GTAs so it is part of that HD universe, and it is certainly somewhere we would love to revisit. However Vice City, perhaps more than any other GTA game, was as much about the era as the setting. Miami in the 1980’s is so iconic it would feel strange to revisit the city in a different time period.”

Link:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/14/rockstar-wants-to-put-all-grand-theft-auto-cities-in-one-game

Then let them cook.

In fact the worst possible thing that could happen to R* is if they ever got bought out or sold out to a horrible corporate company like EA or Activison.

EA already back in 2008 right around GTA IV was being released tried a hostile takeover of Take 2 and R*:

Link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7294812.stm

Thank God it didn't happen.

Last edited:
Half of ya'll sound like ya'll need to be playing Saints Row.

GTA IV was a great game.  It played like a game based on NYC should play.  Gritty, dark, violent.  It wasn't supposed to play like Vice City or San Andreas.  It wasn't supposed to be wild and loose.  If you notice, GTA games share similarities to the cities they're based in:

GTA III and IV (NY) - dark, rugged, stiff (realistic, in a good way)

Vice City (Miami) - flashy, money-based (real estate)

San Andreas (LA/SF/Vegas) - wild, loose, tons of activities, vanity (customization)

Last edited:
gta 4 felt like you just had to run alot of errands, I had no urgency to beat the game because I didn't care about the story. especially with people calling your phone wanting to hang out all the time

I'm still waiting for Bully 2.
Bully released in 2006.

You and me both.

An HD version of and much larger school and student body would be crazy.

GTA IV is fun though. I like the realism. Niko and his cousin are hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom