Official: GTA VI Thread: Trailer 1 Out Now: PS5 Series X & Series Confirmed: Tentative Release Window Fall 2025

Will you buy GTA V For PS4 OR XBOX ONE

• Yes: I waited out and skipped GTA V For PS3 & XBOX 360

Votes: 24 16.3%
  • Yes: I love the game and will be gladly double dip on the game

Votes: 105 71.4%
  • No: I'm waiting for the PC version of the game to come out

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • No: I hated GTA Online and will never trust R* again

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • No: GTA games aren't my type of games and I'll stick to other games like COD: AW, Assassins Creed Un

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters
my xb1 is my source of entertainment in the room tho with all the apps and such :lol:

Wife won't let me cop a ps4 just for a game, I miss my crew now...

TLOU is a lot more linear than GTA though so there's less concern with framerate drops. GTA V would look great at 60 fps, but there's no way they would be able to lock it at that, especially online. 60 fps doesn't always equal better either. Shadows suffered in TLOU when running at that framerate and in a game like V, where detail and clarity are king, that just wouldn't fly.
Yes, I am aware that TLOU is more linear, which is why I said that maybe they could've made V 60fps on 720p. But of course they focus on the resolution over the frame rate, because the experience of playing the game with a 60 fps frame rate compared to 30 fps is much harder to sell over the Interntet than just some before and after screenshots and Youtube videos, which are much more likely to convince people to buy the game, or buy the game again if they owned it on the previous generation.

They released this next gen of consoles way too early. They should've waited a year, maybe even two where the hardware was capable enough before releasing them. We're in the age of 4K and these new consoles can't even run 1080p on 60fps for most new games. And we are only a year into the consoles lifespan. I'm not an undercover PC elitist by the way, nor even a PC gamer in general. I was always a console gamer, but this **** is just too frustrating.

Last edited:
TLOU is a lot more linear than GTA though so there's less concern with framerate drops. GTA V would look great at 60 fps, but there's no way they would be able to lock it at that, especially online. 60 fps doesn't always equal better either. Shadows suffered in TLOU when running at that framerate and in a game like V, where detail and clarity are king, that just wouldn't fly.

Yes, I am aware that TLOU is more linear, which is why I said that maybe they could've made V 60fps on 720p. But of course they focus on the resolution over the frame rate, because the experience of playing the game with a 60 fps frame rate compared to 30 fps is much harder to sell over the Interntet than just some before and after screenshots and Youtube videos.

They released this next gen of consoles way too early. They should've waited a year, maybe even two where the hardware was capable enough before releasing them. We're in the age of 4K and these new consoles can't even run 1080p on 60fps for most new games. And we are only a year into the consoles lifespan. I'm not an undercover PC elitist by the way, nor even a PC gamer in general. I was always a console gamer, but this **** is just too frustrating.

Not sure if srs. You do realize that the game was already 720p last gen right? You would seriously pay $60 for a rereleased game in 720p just because it runs at 60 frames? Trust me bro, the game will run at 30 fps but it'll look so good you won't even care.

It's like you said, we're only a year in. I wouldn't expect developers to tap into these console's full potential in such a short time. Hell, we barely even have games yet. Now by the time the next GTA or Red Dead comes out, I'd be surprised if 1080p 60fps isn't the standard

You do know that there are already many games on the Xbox One that are only 720p, right? Just because they would re-release GTA V at 720p it doesn't mean that it would look exactly like the previous generations version. Graphical upgrades could still be made.

You do know that there are already many games on the Xbox One that are only 720p, right? Just because they would re-release GTA V at 720p it doesn't mean that it would look exactly like the previous generations version. Graphical upgrades could still be made.

:lol: And that's acceptable to you? Graphical improvements HAVE been made, but what difference does it make if you have to sit 15 feet away from your tv to notice them? At 720p, as soon as you zoom in on an object, the textures begin to blur out. Graphical improvements won't matter then.

I just find it hard to believe that you think a game like GTA, a series in which one of its selling points is R*'s attention to detail, should sacrifice visual fidelity for a smoother (not necessarily steadier) framerate.

jjc6723 jjc6723 left the ps3 crew to join x1 smh lol

Oh Rockstar...

Haven't been in here in ages. Pop, Jay , Edot , what's good!! Yall gonna get down with us on the 4? 30 to a lobby knocking ice cream out chumps hands !! Bang bang lol

Haven't been in here in ages. Pop, Jay , Edot , what's good!! Yall gonna get down with us on the 4? 30 to a lobby knocking ice cream out chumps hands !! Bang bang lol

My boy gave me his Xbox1. I really thought about just transferring on to there, but maybe I'll just sell the PS3 and get a PS4. I had too much fun with you fools and my best friends are all on the PS4 anyway. Probably mid December. I gotta take care of this iPhone 6 purchase first haha.

PS4 crew last year was too ill :lol:

I'll definitely be back on the PS4 come November 18th

Back
Top Bottom