OFFICIAL HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2 THREAD VOL. It All Ends 7/15

Originally Posted by TeamCharisma69

if you read the book then you would know why it ended the way it ended

indifferent.gif
.....but it's a movie.

well that's how the book ended and the movie is based on the books, so i guess we do have a problem here. or do we?

well that's how the book ended and the movie is based on the books, so i guess we do have a problem here. or do we?

I had no problem with the epilogue scene, I actually liked it. I don't see how different they could've made the epilogue any different.

i didn't read the book but i felt it would have been better if harry stayed dead. oh and on a side note,
for some reason i could not stop laughing when they showed "baby voldemort" under that bench
laugh.gif

I had no problem with the epilogue scene, I actually liked it. I don't see how different they could've made the epilogue any different.

i didn't read the book but i felt it would have been better if harry stayed dead. oh and on a side note,
for some reason i could not stop laughing when they showed "baby voldemort" under that bench
laugh.gif

I never could get into the books, tried at least three times. But I've always enjoyed the movies!
I missed the two movies before the final parts, but the second half did a good job catching me up.
It's crazy that it's over though. I can only imagine how the actors feel --they have to be somewhat lost after this. lol

I never could get into the books, tried at least three times. But I've always enjoyed the movies!
I missed the two movies before the final parts, but the second half did a good job catching me up.
It's crazy that it's over though. I can only imagine how the actors feel --they have to be somewhat lost after this. lol

Great movie. I loved how they made it very dark.
Only problem I had was with the ending.

Spoiler [+]
Voldemort disintegrating? I was waiting for Harry to hit him with the avada kedavra 
laugh.gif
. And also, as mentioned above, they should have ended the movie on the scene where they were holding hands. Should have just left that last scene as a bonus deleted scene on the DVD.

Great movie. I loved how they made it very dark.
Only problem I had was with the ending.

Spoiler [+]
Voldemort disintegrating? I was waiting for Harry to hit him with the avada kedavra 
laugh.gif
. And also, as mentioned above, they should have ended the movie on the scene where they were holding hands. Should have just left that last scene as a bonus deleted scene on the DVD.

Since the book ended the way it did, I think the last scene was necessary. They could have done a better job though. It was so corny. They didn't look like adults. More like kids playing dress up.

Since the book ended the way it did, I think the last scene was necessary. They could have done a better job though. It was so corny. They didn't look like adults. More like kids playing dress up.

Originally Posted by culturecarnage

Originally Posted by MrONegative

indifferent.gif
.....but it's a movie.
based on a book
indifferent.gif

So important parts of it don't have to make too much sense, because there's a book out there that'll explain it to you?
Ok. I guess LOTR was just an exception.

indifferent.gif
.....but it's a movie.
based on a book
indifferent.gif

So important parts of it don't have to make too much sense, because there's a book out there that'll explain it to you?

This is the way I would've had the movie end :

Spoiler [+]
Have older adults with likeness to all the Potter characters play the older versions. Execute the train scene exactly how they did it. Then they do a close up on Harry's face as he watches the train go. He's smiling, and when the camera pans out, it's not older Harry anymore. Suddenly we're back to the original scene where Harry broke the elder wand and threw it away. Hermione asks him why he's smiling. Harry smiles, touches his scar, and the camera switches to a bird's eye view of the three characters. The camera goes farther and farther away until we can't see them anymore. We get Harry's answer: "My scar doesn't hurt anymore," and the scene goes black. Cue credits. I'm sure that would've made a better ending. I think the moviegoers who haven't read the books would've been able to suspend their disbelief for the epilogue scene while at the same time would've still paid homage to those who read the books and would've wanted the scene included.

indifferent.gif
.....but it's a movie.
based on a book
indifferent.gif

i dont understand how it doesnt make sense to you. LOTR is terrible to me and i'm talking about the books not the movies. completely unrelatable.

indifferent.gif
.....but it's a movie.
based on a book
indifferent.gif

i dont understand how it doesnt make sense to you. LOTR is terrible to me and i'm talking about the books not the movies. completely unrelatable.

Back
Top Bottom