OFFICIAL HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2 THREAD VOL. It All Ends 7/15

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by iBlink

Books > the movies
I've read all the book...but I still find the movies thoroughly enjoyable, even though a ton of details are left out.
Don't get me wrong, the movies are good as well. I'm not expecting them to capture every single one of Rowling's details on film. But those details that are missed by the movies give the books that much more substance. For example, GoF. They didn't mention the tale of how Crouch Jr escaped from Azkaban, or his loathing for his father, nor his fascination with serving Voldemort. The books just have more substance... which can be said about practically every book that was later turned into a movie. 

Books > the movies
I've read all the book...but I still find the movies thoroughly enjoyable, even though a ton of details are left out.
Don't get me wrong, the movies are good as well. I'm not expecting them to capture every single one of Rowling's details on film. But those details that are missed by the movies give the books that much more substance. For example, GoF. They didn't mention the tale of how Crouch Jr escaped from Azkaban, or his loathing for his father, nor his fascination with serving Voldemort. The books just have more substance... which can be said about practically every book that was later turned into a movie. 

kinda bummed i dont have tickets to the midnight premier tonight but i'm straight watching tomorrow
pimp.gif

kinda bummed i dont have tickets to the midnight premier tonight but i'm straight watching tomorrow
pimp.gif

Books > the movies

I agree but thats just about any book though.

Books > the movies

I have to wait until tomorrow night, but I got my tickets already. 
pimp.gif
  I'm hyped.  

I have to wait until tomorrow night, but I got my tickets already. 
pimp.gif
  I'm hyped.  

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Books > the movies

He just wants to be that guy  in every movie adaptation spouting out the same old stuff.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Books > the movies

He just wants to be that guy  in every movie adaptation spouting out the same old stuff.

Will be catching the midnight premiere. What time would be a good time to be at the theater though? I know there will be a line for sure.

Will be catching the midnight premiere. What time would be a good time to be at the theater though? I know there will be a line for sure.

Originally Posted by Hugo

Originally Posted by Regal Black

anybody watching this on the 3D IMAX? If so, let me know if its worth it
I was going to...but decided not to. Don't want to risk ruining the experience for some 3D since I've watched everything else regularly. Also 3D glasses over my prescription aren't all too comfortable
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hugo

Originally Posted by Regal Black

anybody watching this on the 3D IMAX? If so, let me know if its worth it
I was going to...but decided not to. Don't want to risk ruining the experience for some 3D since I've watched everything else regularly. Also 3D glasses over my prescription aren't all too comfortable
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom